So, is Sigma 6 officially dead?

DarthJoe

Obviously the 8" line is still alive and kicking, but I see no mention of Sigma 6 anywhere in the press releases about GI Joe in 2007. Everything 8" is being hyped up with the return of "Kung-Fu Grip."

Even the pics I've seen of the Storm Shadow with the tiger in the box, don't have any signs of Sigma 6, other than the grey ends of the box that have been used to package the older S6 stuff. The front of the box is labelled as "GI Joe Adventure Team."

Nothing new 2.5" related either...

Nope, not yet; we saw samurai ss and a couple other 8" figs and 2 or 3 vehicles for the 2.5" line.

I like the line myself, but $10-15 per fig is a bit too expensive for me..

2.5 line is dead.

Good!

Leave the line limited to the 8" S6 figures and vehicles and the 25th anniversary figures, and by recent rumors...vehicles for it as well.

That would satisfy enough of the split G.I.Joe fanbase for NOW, I'd hope? ^_^

the 8in line will live but S6 is dead. 2.5 was a was of money. and we still have 3 3/4in

Yeah, I couldn't see any reason continuing with a 2.5" line, when the majority of the fandom are old diehard, loyal 3 3/4" fans, and trying desperately to incorporate the VEHICLES into their 1:18 scale stuff, while discarding the crappy 2.5" figurines.

A waste for sure!

Give us back some 12" gems, keep the newly acquired S6 fans happy with the 8" scale and get back to basics, with the 3 3/4" ARAH anniversary lineup.

I wish it would die.

The two sizes they do it in have a lot of potential, but as long as they don't properly articulate all of the small figures and insist on avoiding some characters and keeping the blocky look for the big line, I could care less if the line rots.

The name is being phased out, yeah, but sorry, Sigma-haters, the toys will be continuing in their beautiful 8 inch animated glory. @smilepunch@

"Sigma 6" is over, but now, proudly displaying the "G.I. Joe" name and logo, Adventure Team, Combat Squad, and the Commando line will be going on strong.

Justin

Well I got to say that I am a little disappointed. I really like the sigma 6 theme and the superhero-esk style uniforms. I don't think the style lends it elf well to any sort of realism. I wish they weren't bothering with making them more militarily accurate. Oh well. I'm not counting them out yet. Just expressing my disappointment.

"Sigma 6" is over, but now, proudly displaying the "G.I. Joe" name and logo, Adventure Team, Combat Squad, and the Commando line will be going on strong.

Justin

I really REALLY wish they wouldn't use the ADVENTURE TEAM theme on these things! @grumpy@

Justin

I really REALLY wish they wouldn't use the ADVENTURE TEAM theme on these things! @grumpy@

I agree. That really needed to stay with the 12". This really annoys me.

Justin

I agree. That really needed to stay with the 12". This really annoys me.

Ventures towards BLASPHEMOUS!

2.5" line is dead? goood.

one down, one to go.

SIGMA SIX HATER!

BULLY!

I HATE YOU ALL!

f5c2d71e.jpg