MASTERPEICE megatron info

TRUESTYLE

you didnt mention a price, but i can check that out. i dont want the orange tip either. i dont see why the sellers cant place the orange tip on it to satisfy the law, yet let it be removable to the buyer. i would HATE to brake the barrell tryin to remove the orange tip.

I went with fan2fan.co.jp they were giving me options on how I want it shipped to me. I think I'll go with no opening of the package or anything, just straight shipping it to me, I'll take the chance if customs decides to f me over.

I doubt that would happen. I never once heard of anyone getting into trouble or having their Megatrons conphiscated when the reissue Megatrons hit, and those will be perfectly in scale with the real guns as opposed to MP which appears to be a bit larger.

HLJ dropped a bomb on me today. Im considering just cancelling my pre-order with them. I ordered with them thinking they wouldn't have that bright orange cap modification. *sigh*

Special note about this product

For customers in the United States ONLY, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange cap over the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code.

Installing this cap on the item will require our staff to open the packaging, which will break any tape sealing the box flaps. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course it will prevent us from delivering this product to US customers in "unopened" condition. Note that without this modification, your purchase could be confiscated by the US Customs Service and/or you could be charged with a crime under the above US Federal Law.

HobbyLink Japan understands and appreciates the desires of US-based toy collectors related to merchandise of this nature, and we feel this is the best solution to meet those needs under the circumstances. In order to maintain your item's compliance with US laws, we recommend that you not snap off the plastic cap after you have received the item.

Or are they giving me ideas that "their" plastic cap is easy to snap off? @smilepunch@

HLJ dropped a bomb on me today. Im considering just cancelling my pre-order with them. I ordered with them thinking they wouldn't have that bright orange cap modification. *sigh*

Special note about this product

For customers in the United States ONLY, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange cap over the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code.

Installing this cap on the item will require our staff to open the packaging, which will break any tape sealing the box flaps. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course it will prevent us from delivering this product to US customers in "unopened" condition. Note that without this modification, your purchase could be confiscated by the US Customs Service and/or you could be charged with a crime under the above US Federal Law.

HobbyLink Japan understands and appreciates the desires of US-based toy collectors related to merchandise of this nature, and we feel this is the best solution to meet those needs under the circumstances. In order to maintain your item's compliance with US laws, we recommend that you not snap off the plastic cap after you have received the item.

Or are they giving me ideas that "their" plastic cap is easy to snap off? @smilepunch@

i believe that is EXACTLY what they are telling us to do by strongly wording us NOT to do it. that way they can fall back on the exact wording of what they say. sort of like the tv show jackass tells people not to do the stunts when the people in the show themselves have, in interviews, encouraged others to do the stunts