Where are the toy fair pics of marvel legends ?

robb

So this is it, huh? One "new" figure and an Icon that you can see pics of on any e-tailer's website in their pre-order section. Wow. It's painfully obvious that they are only concerned w/ pumping the movie lines and the kiddie crap at TF, which coincidentally, is what lines their pockets the best. This is nothing but a complete slap in the face of ML collectors. Thanks for nothing, Hasblo.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually.. I am more looking forward to seeing the Marveltoys Indie comic line than anything Hasbro is putting out... I hope they don't crap out on us too... or this will be, officially, the WORST TOY FAIR EVER

I personally blame Jesse. He is the only consistent link between Legends and the 2 companies of Toybiz and Hasbro. Toybiz would never, ever, EVER show us anything at the toyfairs, only the comiccon in San Diego every year. They would promise us something at NY, but always blow us off. Personally I am sick of it. WTF is the big secret? In 6 months we will be buying them off the shelves anyways. Who cares if they show us something then wanna change their minds. If they truly listen to us, the fans and consumers, then we would generate interest in the characters THEY should be making for us. Every year I go to San Diego I make it a point to let Jesse know how I feel about Legends policies. F them, power to the people!

On a side note, those Indie figures are the best thing shown at Toyfair. The female sculpt of O'brien from Monkeyman is amazing! If she stays like that, she will be the best female body sculpt to date. Gj to them for putting in some amazing work for those figures. Now if they could just give us some Youngblood/Wildcats toys in there, I would be happy.

Dude, Jesse has nothing to do with this. You honestly think he would've changed anything without being told to by his new bosses at Hasbro? I know it's nice to have a scape goat, but let's be realistic. The crap that's going on is a result of Hasbro corporate big wigs who could care less about the collector market. They seem to think only kids buy superhero toys.

Dude, Jesse has nothing to do with this. You honestly think he would've changed anything without being told to by his new bosses at Hasbro? I know it's nice to have a scape goat, but let's be realistic.

Agreed.

Well sorry but I don't agree. You can tell me how wrong I am but the facts of the matter are you have no idea. So I will continue to blame Jesse unless you can PROVE to me with absolute certainty that Jesse has nothing to to do with this. I already know you can't so why waste your time arguing with me? Once again I will state that Jesse is the common denominator between the 2 companies. Hasbro wasn't this whack with their previews in the past until they got the Marvel Legends Line. Oh yea that must be to much coincidence for you right? Sorry but in this topic I have my feeling for a "scape goat" and Jesse gets it. Funny how being "realistic" you come up with the same old answer of "those big wigs at Hasbro think only kids by Toys". That is the reason why they make exclusives right? Amazing how the same big wigs at Toybiz that didn't care about us are basically the same ones at Hasbro that don't care about us.

Anyhow this sucks!! Worst Toy Fair ever!!

I remember back in 1994, and so on, when Toy Fare the magazine first started up! Their March issue was always awesome, cause it had all the new toys for the year, well as many as they could cram!! Later on when the net coverage started, it was still a fab time!! Now it seems like Toy Fair has taken a step back and SDCC has become where everything is shown!

Anyhow this sucks!! Worst Toy Fair ever!!

I remember back in 1994, and so on, when Toy Fare the magazine first started up! Their March issue was always awesome, cause it had all the new toys for the year, well as many as they could cram!! Later on when the net coverage started, it was still a fab time!! Now it seems like Toy Fair has taken a step back and SDCC has become where everything is shown!

Exactly

Toy Fair has NEVER been about showing off to collectors, it used to be about showing new product to retailers, or simply to generate solid PR. This is largely for the companies to show off NEW product lines for the year, not show lines already at retail (hence why Ghost Rider only had 3 offerings on display, the line is already at retail).

The bigger the line (or bigger the companies' expectations) the larger showing at Toy Fair. Marvel Legends is going to be around, everyone knows it, but this is the first official showing of Spider-Man 3 and FF:RotSS toylines, both of which will have FAR more exposure than Marvel Legends.

That said, I also think that this year WAS a bit lighter than I had expected. I think Hasbro, more than anyone else, realizes that Toy Fair really doesn't serve all that much a purpose anymore (major retailers usually have a private showing well before, so the deal making of Toy Fairs of old is gone), and that the conventions is where we'll see a lot more.

oh dang!

you can see pics of them at wIZARDWORLD and they look AWESOME!!!!!!!! better than most ML seires, and way better than anything Hasbro is doing'

check them out

Holy S**T those look good. My interest in this line just went waay up.

Screw you Hasbro, I've got all the Marvel figures I want. Time to move on to some new characters.

Well, "worst Toy Fair ever" depends on what you're a fan of, I guess. I'm really happy with the GI Joe and Star trek stuff I've seen. Plus those Legenday Heroes do look sweet.

We all KNOW what wave 2 is going to be made of. There's pics of them EVERYWHERE. So are people really just crabby that there was no wave 3 shown, or what?

actually.. I am more looking forward to seeing the Marveltoys Indie comic line than anything Hasbro is putting out... I hope they don't crap out on us too... or this will be, officially, the WORST TOY FAIR EVER

I'm glad someone said it! Sure we got to see a few new things but it seems like hardly anything compared to past events...

I am highly enjoying the pics of the new comic lines as well, however I can't really get hyped about most because I do not READ these said comics! That is the only down side about this line! Still... Its damn nice looking!

Just checking through what people had to say about the lousy Toy Fair and noticed you had skrulls for trade. I have the ML 15 variants of Mar-Vel and a black spiderwoman. Let me know if you are interested.

I personally blame Jesse. He is the only consistent link between Legends and the 2 companies of Toybiz and Hasbro. Toybiz would never, ever, EVER show us anything at the toyfairs, only the comiccon in San Diego every year. They would promise us something at NY, but always blow us off. Personally I am sick of it. WTF is the big secret? In 6 months we will be buying them off the shelves anyways. Who cares if they show us something then wanna change their minds. If they truly listen to us, the fans and consumers, then we would generate interest in the characters THEY should be making for us. Every year I go to San Diego I make it a point to let Jesse know how I feel about Legends policies. F them, power to the people!

On a side note, those Indie figures are the best thing shown at Toyfair. The female sculpt of O'brien from Monkeyman is amazing! If she stays like that, she will be the best female body sculpt to date. Gj to them for putting in some amazing work for those figures. Now if they could just give us some Youngblood/Wildcats toys in there, I would be happy.

So this is it, huh? One "new" figure and an Icon that you can see pics of on any e-tailer's website in their pre-order section. Wow. It's painfully obvious that they are only concerned w/ pumping the movie lines and the kiddie crap at TF, which coincidentally, is what lines their pockets the best. This is nothing but a complete slap in the face of ML collectors. Thanks for nothing, Hasblo.

I don't think people are thinking this thru.

Your "obvious" might be anything but.

The Hasbro/Toybiz swap deal was inked in 2006, likely near the middle of the year.

6 months is not a lot of time to complete prototypes to final, if they had six months--and more than likey they had only the last quarter to really start work because I doubt the staff would be given the go while the deal was not finalized. With all the engineering work and approvals involved, they could be as long as another 4-six months before being ready to show protos--AND they may be investing a lot of effort in this to up the line.

A no show doesn't mean its going to blow....

The movie lines could all be product that was begun by Toybiz, as the lead time for those was a lot longer.

Yea, its 100% speculation on my part, but there's no other reason I can see short of no retailer support, and THAT has not been indicated one way or the other. I'm guessing they have shown nothing because nothing is ready to show just yet. I doubt its intentional, I think its just the way the time-line has worked out in this.

Well sorry but I don't agree. You can tell me how wrong I am but the facts of the matter are you have no idea. So I will continue to blame Jesse unless you can PROVE to me with absolute certainty that Jesse has nothing to to do with this. I already know you can't so why waste your time arguing with me? Once again I will state that Jesse is the common denominator between the 2 companies. Hasbro wasn't this whack with their previews in the past until they got the Marvel Legends Line. Oh yea that must be to much coincidence for you right? Sorry but in this topic I have my feeling for a "scape goat" and Jesse gets it. Funny how being "realistic" you come up with the same old answer of "those big wigs at Hasbro think only kids by Toys". That is the reason why they make exclusives right? Amazing how the same big wigs at Toybiz that didn't care about us are basically the same ones at Hasbro that don't care about us.

Uh, kid, switch on the common sense thing in your head--looking for a scapegoat in this just isn't very mature.

You are so far off-base you are not even in the ball-park anymore.

Here's a fact for you: Mr. Jesse Falcon was the brand manager for the Marvel Legends line while it was at Toybiz.

Since the brand ( and the whole Marvel license) has changed hands to Hasbro, he is NO LONGER the brand manager, but is a consultant. They got the license, they didn't get all the people. Hasbro is tapping into the talents of SOME of the former ML staff for their continuation of the line.

He's said as much in posts and interviews on the matter--alot of it on-line. Go get to reading, if you doubt me.

And why the hell you need a "scapegoat" because you didn't get to see some pictures of some toys????

Man, I hate to be around you on a cloudy day that was forecast to be sunny....

Oh ok Arrow you are to smart and logical for me...not. I have read all of Jesse posts on Fwoosh and have heard all the bs about how most of you kiss the ground he walks on. I think he is probably the reason why we have had so many great toys to date and also why we have had so many ironmans/wolverines. I am not convinced tho, that he has our best interests at heart 24/7. He may be the biggest thing going for us in Marvel Toys but he can also be the biggest obstacle as well. Why you refuse to accept that and others on this board is beyond me. So perhaps maybe you should switch on the common sense thing and realize their might just be some truth to what I say to you "kid".

I don't think people are thinking this thru.

Your "obvious" might be anything but.

The Hasbro/Toybiz swap deal was inked in 2006, likely near the middle of the year.

6 months is not a lot of time to complete prototypes to final, if they had six months--and more than likey they had only the last quarter to really start work because I doubt the staff would be given the go while the deal was not finalized. With all the engineering work and approvals involved, they could be as long as another 4-six months before being ready to show protos--AND they may be investing a lot of effort in this to up the line.

A no show doesn't mean its going to blow....

The movie lines could all be product that was begun by Toybiz, as the lead time for those was a lot longer.

Yea, its 100% speculation on my part, but there's no other reason I can see short of no retailer support, and THAT has not been indicated one way or the other. I'm guessing they have shown nothing because nothing is ready to show just yet. I doubt its intentional, I think its just the way the time-line has worked out in this.

So you're suggesting it was a simply a timing issue, huh? Well, that's interesting since ALL the protoypes for Series 2 have already been shown. Heck, you can go to BBTS and look at the preorder link for them right now to see what they look like. And JacyC said on page 1 of this thread that they said everything from Series II would be shown in a mere 2 weeks at NYCC...but you don't think they had time to have it done for TF, huh? Interesting theory...but I'm not buying. Have any more theories? Maybe the dog ate their homework? @hmmm@