TF07: Mattel's DC 2007 Line-Up & Photos

Ryno

Is there something special about that Bizarro that i'm missing? Because he's the same damn thing with a sign on his chest! Not worth paying for again.

Nothing different about that Bizarro except for the colour scheme. It looks a little more comic accurate.

Keep in mind guys, these are just the preview of TF07. We might be seeing more pics of new figures when the TF starts(I'm hoping)

As for the pics we've been shown. I like the manbat a lot. It's big with good articulation. Beats the DCD Ninja man bat we'r gettin!

The repaints are acceptable. Bottom line is they arent the silly pink,green batmen we're getting and they're not just changin the color or the symbol or the skirt. I prefer Darkseid in black. I feel more happy seeing this repaint darkseid than the s4 one.

Bizarro is great! I like this ones color scheme better. And he comes with a Bizarro #1 plate!!! Again, I should of waited......

I like Steel , but no Flash or Wonderwoman or cyborg or even a Manhunter??????? @grumpy@

Flash, WW, Cyborg & Manhunter don't fall under the Batman/Superman licenses. Those are the only characters Mattel is allowed to make (so far) in the DCSH line. Hopefully that changes - because I really want to see the entire DCU done by the 4Horsemen.

its MOTU all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you remember the last few waves of it were mostly repaint.and they were hard as hell to find because at that point no big retail store would touch them only discount stores like aldes and big lots

i hope LAST SON is right and will see more before weeks end

its to bad that bizzaro repant is not the one shipping right now in the all supes and biz cases. i like that fig. it is more comic accurit with color and sign. i will pick it up if the line can stay on shelves that long

I don't think people are pissed because of the repaints, as some are actually better, like the Bizarro, its just why wouldn't they filter them in instead of releasing virtually an entire wave of all repaints. What they should do is release Wave #?, all new figures, plus lets say the repainted Darkseid or Bizarro, but only one. And make it a chase figure, make it more collectible. And for heavens sake, fix the case ratio, or else the whole line is doomed. Lack of character variety isn't entirely Mattel's fault (licensing issues and such), but I think we should demand a better effort.

The sad thing is if Mattel really wanted this line to explode in the marketplace, they would need to do the best stuff RIGHT NOW. Marvel Legends is in a transition period and a lot of people aren't so happy with how that line is turning out. Right now is when DCSH could sway a lot of buyers. If people can't find the good figures because all that's left on a peg is superman, well I guess we can pronounce this line dead.

Except now it seems we're going to get repaints of every single figure released in DCSH, first orange doomsday, now black darkseid, and purple bizarro (the only one worth buying, it makes the older one look like crap which kind of pisses me off). So Superman is going to have company on those pegs.I understand maybe some of those figures were hard to get, but not as hard as Mattel thinks, they've already rereleased bizarro like 3 or 4 times.

My toysrus hasn't even stocked anything past wave 1 because a bunch of scarecrows are still clogging the pegs.

I prefer Darkseid in black. I feel more happy seeing this repaint darkseid than the s4 one.

Bizarro is great! I like this ones color scheme better. And he comes with a Bizarro #1 plate!!! Again, I should of waited......

I don't care much for that Darkseid. While he did wear a black costume in the JLU cartoon, I still prefer the comic accurate blue costume. Here, I just see another wasted repaint. Yet, I do like that Bizarro...Mattel finally gives us the #1 medallion as well as getting his costume colors right. Manbat is the lone saving grace on display though really, mainly because he's the only new figure shown, he looks great.

The sad thing is if Mattel really wanted this line to explode in the marketplace, they would need to do the best stuff RIGHT NOW. Marvel Legends is in a transition period and a lot of people aren't so happy with how that line is turning out. Right now is when DCSH could sway a lot of buyers. If people can't find the good figures because all that's left on a peg is superman, well I guess we can pronounce this line dead.

I think DCSH has already swayed a few buyers with the line, especially ML collectors. Still, I agree, almost of the repaints are watering down the appeal to this great line, especially those repaints out now. I think Mattel could have easily gained more interest by showing more on their TF07 display as well. I mean we already know how the figures of Catwoman and Two-Face look, but they would have been perfect figures to show, along with Manbat. Who knows though, we might see more in the coming days...at least I hope so.

TRDouble over at AFI noticed Cyborg Superman pictured on the side of the carded Mongul figure!

Cyborg Superman pic

Sweet! I see the pic of him, but I wish there was also a prototype shown too.

The Batman? Meh. I'm done. Scale is crazy, repaints all suck and a Batmobile transfomer? No thanks.

Errr? The scale for The Batman is spot on! Which figures were you referring to? I suppose you were talking about the ones on display at Toy Fair?

I only glanced at them briefly. I just saw lots of whacky colors. I tend to look for new characters each time I see figures revealed for this series, and all I saw were more Batmen...Batmans...whatever.

The cartoon has shown a fairly decent amount of new characters, and there are plenty of other characters that haven't been done yet. Where are they?

And speaking of where are they? Where are the Legion of Superheroes figures? Maybe they'll be shown later. (Along with some new The Batman figures I actually care about)

is that new Superman supposed to be Eradicator, or maybe Motherbox Superman? i dont remember when he had that Gambit hood as part of his costume.

Nope, the name of the figure is Kal-El. I guess it's a kryptonian look......overall very lazy and a sure pass for me.

TRDouble over at AFI noticed Cyborg Superman pictured on the side of the carded Mongul figure!

Cyborg Superman pic

That's the only thing I'm really pumped about in what has been shown.