TF07: Mattel's DC 2007 Line-Up & Photos

Ryno

So.........all that's being offered is, what..........1 -3 actually new figures? The rest are re-issues?

I don't actually mind that because I never did get Luthor or Darkseid.

That's a pretty weak push for a brand like this--doesn't show signs of getting ( or having gotten) any kind of strong push.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and wonder if 2007 will be the last year for DCSH. I sure as heck hope not.

That would be a pity because the product became so good.

Wow...alot of new stuff

DCSH- im all about that Manbat, Mongul, Parasite, and new Bizzarro

JLU wise- Joker is soo mine

Battle League looks ok...probly wont get into that though

Superfriends is an awesome idea im all about that batman and batmobile

The Batman- im not too impressed...why repaint when you can add Black Mask, Nightwing, Oracle,etc I like the articulated Bane though!

Mattel plans to release 25 6" scale DC SuperHeroes action figures including repaints.

Thats a nice amount of figures, but I wonder just how many are going to be repaints? 10? Sounds about right I'd say. Man-Bat does look sweet though. My only hope for that figure is that you can extend his full wingspan. I really like the Rogues Gallery Man-Bat, but you can't extend his wingspan and I was kinda pissed about that, so lets hope this one has that problem fixed.

even if the DCSH showing so far isn't that thrilling (as nice as that bizarro is do we really need another shot at him?)...the line-up of the battle league toys shows hope that maybe just maybe we'll see more variety in DCSH soon...i just hope the line isn't dead before that happens...skott

Wow...alot of new stuff

DCSH- im all about that Manbat, Mongul, Parasite, and new Bizzarro

JLU wise- Joker is soo mine

Battle League looks ok...probly wont get into that though

Superfriends is an awesome idea im all about that batman and batmobile

The Batman- im not too impressed...why repaint when you can add Black Mask, Nightwing, Oracle,etc I like the articulated Bane though!

hey hrb, 2 of those figs are out now or in the near future & bizarro is not new, just a repaint. so technically the only new one they are showing is manbat. where the hell are 2 face & catwoman? oh how i loathe thee mattel!!!!!!!!!!

here is an easy repaint for manbat! white version w/ red eyes.

I suspect this is only a fraction of what Mattel will be offering from DCSH this year gang. Notice how Manbat is the ONLY Batman related fig? I'm pretty confident that I'm right when I say that there's more coming.

That said, that Bizarro repaint is AWESOME!! (Glad I've held off purchasing him!)

The Batman? Meh. I'm done. Scale is crazy, repaints all suck and a Batmobile transfomer? No thanks.

I suspect this is only a fraction of what Mattel will be offering from DCSH this year gang. Notice how Manbat is the ONLY Batman related fig? I'm pretty confident that I'm right when I say that there's more coming.

Well, of course there's more...the blurb said there would 25 released, including repaints. The point is...the only true new figure shown was Manbat. The rest are basic repaints or stuff you can find wasting away on the pegs right now. The whole point of TF is to showcase your "new" stuff...or so I thought. @hmmm@

is that new Superman supposed to be Eradicator, or maybe Motherbox Superman? i dont remember when he had that Gambit hood as part of his costume.

It's supposed to be MotherBox supes/ Hopefully thats not the final figure because the costume was different. I think maybe they didn't have him ready in time so they Just put the head on a normal supes body just to show us whats coming. Hope he comes with his sword.

is that new Superman supposed to be Eradicator, or maybe Motherbox Superman? i dont remember when he had that Gambit hood as part of his costume.

I think it's supposed to be Motherbox Superman from "Hunter-Prey" but he's missing a lot of additions to his costume, like the yellow bandoliers and straps.Perhaps they haven't gotten around to finishing it?

This is the best pic I could find and it's of the old Motherbox Supes:

s_vs_d.jpg

Manbat does look awesome but the rest is really disappointing to see more repaints, is this the actual full unveiling? Or is the supposed to be more shown later?

This really kind of shows Mattel's lack of faith in this line...but then again when you stick to Batman and Superman characters, perhaps they don't think they have such a broad range on that?

Edit: I tried to post a pic from another site....is JayC banning every other site that has to do with toys now? Luckily I found another one but that's a little ridiculous.

It's supposed to be MotherBox supes/ Hopefully thats not the final figure because the costume was different. I think maybe they didn't have him ready in time so they Just put the head on a normal supes body just to show us whats coming. Hope he comes with his sword.

It may be possible that Mattel isn't allowed to make the Motherbox/Hunter Prey Superman any closer to the original drawings because of that 'no story-specific' crap DC/WB is tying Mattel's hands with.

Yea, I understand that.

But............Toyfair is the event to showcase one's toy-lines. If a line is strong, they tend to showcase as much new stuff as possible to generate buzz and retail interest.

SDCC is a fan-aimed event, Toy Fair is a retailer targeted one, where orders tend to be placed ( though often orders are placed BEFOREHAND in select private showings), so if there's not a lot of DCSH product on the displays.........is there a lot of retailer support?

A toy-line lives or dies by retailer support.

Most of what's shown looks to be last years stuff, just repainted.

Heck, SDCC is so deep into the year ( July), if there's numerous additions to the line, it'll mean they'll be coming late in the year--which makes no sense as product would likely have to spread out over the whole year.

That's what has got me puzzled.

I'm not one to be given to doom-saying. I truly want this line to prosper, but just a couple new figures is a tepid push.

Still, the figures they have shown are excellent. Really top-notch stuff

He thinks Mattel is saving DCSH for SDCC.

That would simply be idiotic. Knowing Mattel though, its entirely possible. Lets remember though that Toy Fare doesn't officially start until tomorrow, so maybe we'll be seeing more in the next few days.

Ok, now I was always under the impression that Toy Fair was supposed to give toy companies the chance to show off their stuff to retailers in an attempt to entice retailers into ordering the toy company's product. If that is indeed the case, why show only 1 new figure and the rest repaints?

I think there's plenty of chimp feces to clean up in the Mattel board room if anyones interested. @rolleye@

Well, I'll say it again, until Toy Fair officially starts (TOMORROW) and ends (Feb 14th), I'll reserve judgement as far as bashing them for only showing us one new figure. We've already seen pics of Two-face, yet no pics here. We know there is a Batman wave coming soon, yet no pics here. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen all we're going to see over the next few days, however, if it is, it can't be a good sign. But again, I'll say it...Toy Fair doesn't start until TOMORROW...until then, prepare the crow, and I'll eat it if necessary.