Toy Fair - Transformers Movie Product Officially Revealed

Bespin refugee

New York's annual American International Toy Fair this week is truly “More than Meets the Eye� with the first official look at some of the exciting products based on the live-action TRANSFORMERS feature film in theaters July 4, 2007. You can g

View the full article

I have to admidt I really think Prime looks good in vehicle mode. Unfortunately, I would never transform him because I think the robot mode looks...awkward? I don't know...it just looks odd.

Will get the Prime helmet for sure.

Ultimate BB looks cool but no way for $90. And WTF does Devo's 'Whip It' have to do w/ TF's??? Stupid addition.

The Devo thing has to probably do with a scene were Spike plays the "Whip It" song in Bumble Bee when he purchases him. I have no idea, maybe it's there song. I always wondered about Spike and Bumble Bee.

Oh he is 90 buck great. I'm definitely going to be buying him, even if it means passing on all the junky deluxe, voyager, and leader class figures to get this one ultimate awesome figure.

wow cool. you got the toy with you? give us a review and pics.

And WTF does Devo's 'Whip It' have to do w/ TF's??? Stupid addition.

do you honestly believe that it is simply an arbitrary inclusion and has no relevence to the movie?

Oh he is 90 buck great. I'm definitely going to be buying him, even if it means passing on all the junky deluxe, voyager, and leader class figures to get this one ultimate awesome figure.

wow cool. you got the toy with you? give us a review and pics.

I don't believe he says he has the toy. I think he is saying he wants it when it comes out.

Interesting... The "Whip It" thing seems to me like a throwback to the original movie's "Dare To Be Stupid" bit on Junkion, which was "Weird Al's" Devo tribute, so there's some fanservice there of some kind... I do have to wonder, though, if this price point is the only depiction of the Camaro concept Bumblebee as opposed to the 70's model. Interesting combination on the blaster toy of the G1 trailer on the movie truck. I don't intend to, nor can I really afford to, be a completionist with this line, but a lot of it does look very interesting...