ToyFair DCD 13" Figures

Jase

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't posted this anywhere, but here's my take on the line up so far.

Nightwing - Thank you DCD for listening to the fans.

Another Batman - A bit too soon, his slot could've been given to another figure

Batgirl - Looks good, but the retailer incentive deal is quite silly for a line of this price point. I don't know how the markup on this figure will be like, and I've read here I think, that some comic shops don't even order four of these figures. Won't be going out of my way to snag the exclusive.

But...

Where in blazes is Diana?!

After MMH hits in June, I'd have the key characters together. I'm getting abit pissed off at the thought of having to wait another year for her.

Batgirl - Looks good, but the retailer incentive deal is quite silly for a line of this price point. I don't know how the markup on this figure will be like, and I've read here I think, that some comic shops don't even order four of these figures. Won't be going out of my way to snag the exclusive.

But...

After MMH hits in June, I'd have the key characters together. I'm getting abit pissed off at the thought of having to wait another year for her.

OMG! WHICH Batgirl is teh exclusive?

But...

OMG! WHICH Batgirl is teh exclusive?

The black/yellow Batgirl is a retailer incentive, not an exclusive. Retailers have to order 4 blue/grey Batgirl figures for every 1 black/yellow Batgirl. I'm glad that I want the blue/grey! Usually my luck isn't so fortunate.

Shaun -

I figured in another thread that they just haven't managed to make a female body that shows enough "skin" and still retains the female form. Jase pointed out that Manhunter is similar. I thought about it & while that may be true, I'm sure that pulling off a good-looking, female figure like WW that doesn't have much of a costume might be tricky.

But that's must my guess. Who knows? Maybe JayC could ask someone while he is there?

Yeah, I think the males can get away with the same body sculpts, but the females might be harder to do. Most of the males have a similar bulk while the females range in size and shape from one character to the next.

And yeah it sucks that the black costume is an incentive when considering the price like Shaun pointed out. I know I've mentioned before that my LCS's have only ordered ONE of each character so far, so it looks like to get the black costumed version, online is going to have to be the way to go for most. This could be bad, driving the price up rather quickly. I hope it doesn't, but you never know.

Jase Posted Today, 11:37 PM

The black/yellow Batgirl is a retailer incentive, not an exclusive. Retailers have to order 4 blue/grey Batgirl figures for every 1 black/yellow Batgirl. I'm glad that I want the blue/grey! Usually my luck isn't so fortunate.

Apologies for the misleading post.

CkRtech Posted Today, 11:40 PM

I figured in another thread that they just haven't managed to make a female body that shows enough "skin" and still retains the female form. Jase pointed out that Manhunter is similar. I thought about it & while that may be true, I'm sure that pulling off a good-looking, female figure like WW that doesn't have much of a costume might be tricky.

But that's must my guess. Who knows? Maybe JayC could ask someone while he is there?

Fair enough, but I'd personally doubt that having designed and produced the 13" female body, they'd mull over producing another one where the joints are less exposed. One solution I can think of would be to adopt what Hot Toys did for their Muscular body types, which involves enveloping the figure with a rubber muscle suit. Sounds really silly but looks decent, if Hot Toys' Rambo is anything to go by. It'll increase the price of the figure and add quite abit of bulk to the already voluptuous body though.

I just hope the debate over producing diana isn't about rooted or sculpted hair.

Jase Posted Today, 11:37 PM

Apologies for the misleading post.

I just hope the debate over producing diana isn't about rooted or sculpted hair.

Shaun, I don't think your post was misleading....I was just clarifying for Deathlok. :)

They better make it sculpted hair. Since Batgirl has sculpted (and the rest of the 13" figures), they need to stay consistant.

Ugh...it better be sculpted. SCULPTED! Oh, and I hope it doesn't have the Linda Carter granny panties look to it either... :o

I.....I think you just discovered the variant!

Jase Posted Today, 12:21 AM

They better make it sculpted hair. Since Batgirl has sculpted (and the rest of the 13" figures), they need to stay consistant.

Last Son of Krypton Posted Today, 12:15 AM

Ugh...it better be sculpted. SCULPTED! Oh, and I hope it doesn't have the Linda Carter granny panties look to it either...

I can't believe the debate that's going on at the DCD boards. And props to you for the hirsute underarms post there Jase. :D

CkRtech Posted Today, 12:23 AM

I.....I think you just discovered the variant!

hey don't give them any ideas! :)

I can't believe the debate that's going on at the DCD boards. And props to you for the hirsute underarms post there Jase. :D

@lol@

Thanks Shaun! That Batwoman08 person has been driving me "batty" with all those rooted hair....oops....ROOTED HAIR posts. I knew that some of you would appreciate that rooted armpit hair thread. :D

That chicks crazy.... @pow@ And the all CAPS were driving me just as crazy as her stupid arguments. Another poster said it best...

In a perfect world, I'd like to see rooted hair, but I just don't think there's any way it would look good. It doesn't have the weight to look natural, so it ends up making the figures look LESS realistic. Babs looks fantastic.

Rooted hair, IMO, just doesn't look "real" enough. Having the molded hair, they're able to capture the look of the comics much better.

And Jase...damn the dictionary, there IS a difference between "dolls" and "action figures." @smilepunch@

And Jase...damn the dictionary, there IS a difference between "dolls" and "action figures." @smilepunch@

@lol@ Keep telling yourself that!

dolls can be undressed & change uniforms.... action figures cant. this is teh difference! @loll@

@lol@

Thanks Shaun! That Batwoman08 person has been driving me "batty" with all those rooted hair....oops....ROOTED HAIR posts. I knew that some of you would appreciate that rooted armpit hair thread. :D

Threaded...armpit....hair?

*shudders a la Sideshow Bob*