I'm starting to get a little worried....

nightwing1157

Hello All,

I just checked the new posts regarding the ToyFair Marvel Previews including Spidey 3 and FF42....

Is it just me or is anyone else getting worried with Hasbro...the preview figs do not have the usual articulation we are accusomted to when Toy Biz worked on these lines. It's been documented in the first Marvel Legneds series that the POA aren't as many as traditional Toy Biz Figs...

I don't know....Hasbro gives me the creeps...I stopped collecting Star Wars because of the fact that I was tired of plastic statues with no articulation and bad sculpts.

I just hope Hasbro doesn't completely go the Star Wars Route with Marvel...

Oh, this is my first post. Be gentle....

Welcome to the Boards :)

You're not the only one around here that is worried. Check some of the threads and you'll see. The Hasbro-lovers will point out to you "how much better the plastic is now." But some of us our worried about other things like price, articulation, sculpts, etc. Most of us (in my estimation) are somewhere in the middle...waiting to see what they do in the next few series before we crown them or completely bash them.

Yeah, I thought I would still be ito this line when I first heard about it, and I still was whenn the first wave came out, but now Im sorta up in the air. Im fine with the lack of articulation and the price, they were $8.99 at TRU here anyway and I ever really did the crazy poses, but whats bothering me is the character selection. The next wave looks good, although I could do without another wolverine and thor, but after that is where I get concerned. I know they havent been officially anounced, but two waves of primarily X-men doesent have me to excited. Im just really hoping the lineups are mostly rumor ad not any true leaked information.

I am concerned about the 5" scale of figures. If it isnt broke, dont fix it HASBRO!!!

A little less articulation I can handle but shorter figures compared to what wave have had FOR THE PAST 6 YEARS is dumb.

Hello All,

I just checked the new posts regarding the ToyFair Marvel Previews including Spidey 3 and FF42....

Is it just me or is anyone else getting worried with Hasbro...the preview figs do not have the usual articulation we are accusomted to when Toy Biz worked on these lines. It's been documented in the first Marvel Legneds series that the POA aren't as many as traditional Toy Biz Figs...

I don't know....Hasbro gives me the creeps...I stopped collecting Star Wars because of the fact that I was tired of plastic statues with no articulation and bad sculpts.

I just hope Hasbro doesn't completely go the Star Wars Route with Marvel...

Oh, this is my first post. Be gentle....

Welcome to the boards, I'm still kinda new too! This certainly is a very nerve-wracking time in anticipation of how the biggest toy company handles the Marvel lisence. But hey, you can't say Hasbro does little Star Wars statues anymore. That was in 2002 w/ Episode II, and they've come a long way since then. Heck, they seem to all come out with 'Vintage' level articulation these days. Hopefully they respect what Toy Biz has done and follow suit.

Yeah, FF movie are 5 inch. I saw a comparison shot of ML Bullseye next to the new Silver Surfer figure. Surfer looks like a midget in comparison.

This shift to smaller scale is crap. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's going to save me a bunch of money. I don't care if the figures look good, I'm not starting over at a different scale. Hasbro is going to lose a lot of collector sales with this shift.

Worried? Why would you be worried? @loll@

Here's some things to think about.

Prior to the Marvel/Hasbro deal, did Hasbro "need" the Marvel license to survive?

No. So what are the motovations to getting it out side of making more money?

ToyBiz had this super hot property that was their main bread & butter, which was actually out selling any single Hasbro property at one point in time, so if Hasbro could get the license from them, it would not only give them the "hot" property, but it would effectivly eliminate a whole company of competition.

Now that Hasbro has the license, why should they even try to live up to the expectations of the prior line? They're not competing with ToyBiz directly anymore, and they probably don't actually have any intentions to do the figures any better other than to push it along for awile and milk the license for what they can get out of it.

If the line starts to loose popularity, they can always write it off as a loss and put more effort into selling other properties with far lower expectations!

I love the way people always look at their empty pockets before they realize they've been had. @dunce@

My interest in this line is fading quickly. I am thinking of going back to just buying Star Wars and imports like the medicom and hot toys stuff. Another bad wave and thats going to be my choice.

Fading? I thought you already wrote the line off? I don't know, I'm not really ready to give up on the line based on one weak wave and some proto/press pics of wave 2. It should also be noted that those wave 2 press pics suggest wave 2 should be a lot better than wave 1.

Yeah, FF movie are 5 inch. I saw a comparison shot of ML Bullseye next to the new Silver Surfer figure. Surfer looks like a midget in comparison.

This shift to smaller scale is crap. The only good thing I can say about it is that it's going to save me a bunch of money. I don't care if the figures look good, I'm not starting over at a different scale. Hasbro is going to lose a lot of collector sales with this shift.

That does suck, I really liked that Silver Surfer figure. :( Do you have a link to the comparison image?

I have a lot of issues with Hasbro's production. I picked up series 1 and, while they're not terrible, they're certainly not worth the price hike. There's just too many backward steps from all of the advancements made by Toybiz... Limited articulation (especially in the hands and wrists) cheaper paint ops (the lack of texture in faces especially... everything's just too shiny!), and I for one miss the comic books!

I'll keep buying them for now, but mostly because there are a few character's I want in the next wave. But if they change the scale or if the articulation gets any worse I'll be through. Especially since i just took a look at the great work Marvel Toys (formerly toybiz) are doing on their Indie line over at Figures.com. These look fantastic, and being a long time indie comic reader I'll be putting the bulk of my money into these!!!

Worried? Why would you be worried? @loll@

Here's some things to think about.

Prior to the Marvel/Hasbro deal, did Hasbro "need" the Marvel license to survive?

No. So what are the motovations to getting it out side of making more money?

ToyBiz had this super hot property that was their main bread & butter, which was actually out selling any single Hasbro property at one point in time, so if Hasbro could get the license from them, it would not only give them the "hot" property, but it would effectivly eliminate a whole company of competition.

Now that Hasbro has the license, why should they even try to live up to the expectations of the prior line? They're not competing with ToyBiz directly anymore, and they probably don't actually have any intentions to do the figures any better other than to push it along for awile and milk the license for what they can get out of it.

If the line starts to loose popularity, they can always write it off as a loss and put more effort into selling other properties with far lower expectations!

I love the way people always look at their empty pockets before they realize they've been had. @dunce@

You say this like it's a good thing...