g1 dinobot help

TRUESTYLE

i got 2 dinobots in today. grimlock and snarl.

both are in really good condition ( snarl is really lose in the weist area )

anyway, they both came with little men in them. grimlocks little guy is in red and snarl's is green. i can not find a date or a stamp on either figures to see if these are transformers from takara and hasbro or just takara or a knock off.

grimlock has a gold chest that doesnt seem to be removable. i say removable cause i see on ebay some sellers say there grimlock still has his gold chest gaurd. anyway, any info on these? what to look for? or just tell me exactly where to look for the stamp.

thank you

well i found the stamp on grimlock ( inside right leg ) takara 80-84 i think it said. no hasbro

snarl's stamp still missing in action, red like the real transformers but that link you posted ( thank you ) says the knock off may not be stamped, so im thinkin its a knock off?

sounds like the versions that were released before Transformers exixted. Pre-Transformers, they are called.

a lot of G1 Transformers toys were pulled from previous toys lines to make up the Transformers toy line. Such lines included Diaclone, Microman, etc..

Post pictures and I'll tell you if they are Transformers or pre-transformers. If they came with the little drivers, then they are most likely from the Diaclone toy line released in Japan and I think Europe.

What mike said, sounds like diaclones to me. Or posably bootleg versions of them... Or even bootleg versions of the drivers someone brought and stuck in them for fun...

If your Grimlock has a BLUE waist instead of a red one, then he is a Diaclone, providing he has the Takara stamp on him. There is also a very good knockoff version of him, that looks identical.. now, you said it says Takara, right?

Diaclone Snarl is black in places where your's is red. Also, the Diaclone versions had chrome or gold plated weapons.. did your guys come with weapons?

Also, I think the driver pilots for the Diaclone Dinobots are of the regular human type, not the racecar driver/fighter pilot type.. don't quote me on that.

I think Snarl's pilot is blue and chrome, and Grimlock's is green and black.

trasformersnarl.jpg

dinosaur_robo_no2_box_back.jpg

id have to dig threw my "transformers treasure chest" to look for the weapons. both came with rockey launchers, rockets and i beleive red swords? snarl caem with an unused sticker sheet ( i put on the blue waist sticker seen in pics )

knock off or not i like them. both are heavy, both look great in both modes- i am upset with how loose the joints are on snarl though :( grimlock has a date on him, ill get pics later but from what i remember his date was " takara 1980-1886 ??? again, i will have to double check. grimlock has a gold chest, no red.