Justice Series 5

Jase

So....any of you pick up the latest Alex Ross figures? I'd really like to see some comparison pictures of Red Tornado, Green Arrow, and Martian Manhunter with earlier ARJ releases like Superman and Batman.

As a side note, I completely updated the DC Direct Releases thread that is pinned at the top of this forum.

As a side note, I completely updated the DC Direct Releases thread that is pinned at the top of this forum.

And the people rejoice... @yipee@

As for the figures, I'll probably order them next week.

Yeah, I got really behind on the updates when I was working out of town for 6 months and had very little internet time. I'm thinking about adding pic links for each of the solicits as well. Do you think that would be useful?

As far as the Justice figures, I need to see the scale compared to earlier Justice figures before I decide what I'm going to do. As it is, I'm getting rid of all of my 6" DC Direct figures so the scale will dictate what I do with my Justice figures.

I'm thinking about adding pic links for each of the solicits as well. Do you think that would be useful?

Pics are always a plus! If you could manage it, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it.

As far as the scale for Series 5, I'm not too worried, as I've said before this is one set I don't open. They all look just fine MOSC.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget there is also the variant Martian Manhunter. Its a clear version. I'm not sure, but it might be a retailer exclusive like the variant Superman was. All I know for sure is that it is limited.

I'm trying to head to the comic shop today to get Martian Manhunter, Brainiac and Luthor.

Thats the 3 I'm getting.

I'm hoping that my comic shop will have the invisible MM for a reasonable price.

I was really looking forward to this series, I saw them at my LCS today and they're just......ok.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still getting them, it's just that the sculpt of Red Tornado, Green Arrow and J'onn is kind of a letdown, and the paintjob on GA is way too bright IMO. Luthor and Brainiac on the other hand look fantastic, like little statues.

Two different artists sculpted series 5, Karen palinko (I think) and I forget the other dude's name, Palinko handled Brainiac and Luthor, and the other sculptor the other three.

And while Red Tornado and Martian Manhunter look good, Green Arrow is just...I don't know, I can't put my finger on it but there's something I really hate about that figure. And he was the one I was most anxious to get.

But like I said, I'm getting them....sux to be a completist.

Paid a visit to my LCS today. Got myself a translucent Martian Manhunter and Brainiac. I'm thinking of getting Luthor maybe this weekend.

Brainiac and Lex Luthor are sculpted by Karen Palinko which I think did an awsome job.

Green Arrow ,Red Tornando and Martian Manhunter were sculpted by Michael Locasio.

MM was the one I was most looking forward to but I've already notice the akward look of him when his pics were shown in SDCC. I was hoping he'll look better when he's out...

I think Karen Palinko and Tim Bruckner did an awsome job with the Justice figures. I dont know why multiple sculpters are hired to work on the Justice line but this might be the reason the scales are so messed up.

Sorry Jase but I dont have time to take pics yet. And I've just moved and all my previous Justices series are packed in a box somewhere :P

The Justice series is the only one I've been buying from DCD. I can't wait to see the Green Arrow in person! I have just about all the past DCD GA's and Ross is one of my favorite artists. I want to buy all 3 of the heroes, but I will definately be buying Ollie. It will be nice to have him, Hal and Dinah all on the shelf. Hard traveling heroes!

well, it's mostly does he have any articulation in his legs whatsoever, or is that a hard molded coat. If it is soft, it would be great. not that legs would effect my buying him.

If it is soft plastic, that will make me want him more. and like is it just up and down arm movement? or ball joint style? and does the monkey come off?

I'm thinking about picking him up tonight, and the arms and monkey are my greatest concern.

well, it's mostly does he have any articulation in his legs whatsoever, or is that a hard molded coat. If it is soft, it would be great. not that legs would effect my buying him.

If it is soft plastic, that will make me want him more. and like is it just up and down arm movement? or ball joint style? and does the monkey come off?

I'm thinking about picking him up tonight, and the arms and monkey are my greatest concern.

Well the coat is soft plastic. The legs are articulated with the standard DCD T-crouch and pin knees(is that what u call it?)

The figure doesnt have ball-joint shoulders which to me doesnt really hurt much. I cant picture anyone willing to try posing dynamic comics poses with Brainiac holding a brain and a monkey on his shoulder......... XD

And ya, the monkey is a seperate piece. Brainiacs left shoulder has a magnet inside.(or the monkey?)

thank you Cloud, that is exactly the information I was looking for.

Standard articulation, that is great!

That's cool about the monkey too, magnets, they are getting clever.

and I think pin knee is the correct term.

There is one thing that I forgot to mention. I read that someone in the DCD boards had the same problem with me. Brainiacs leg is bent slightly and its hard to get him stand properly.

i have a whole set of 6 figures for $62 plus shipping if anyone is interested

There is one thing that I forgot to mention. I read that someone in the DCD boards had the same problem with me. Brainiacs leg is bent slightly and its hard to get him stand properly.

I did end up buying him, and I am very pleased with him.

I do have to bend his knees ever so slightly to make him stand well.

Now I just have to wait for my brother to open Martian Manhunter. he looks good though.

what I saw, green arrow is a little bright in his lighter green colors. Ther dark green is good though.

Martain manhunter is good, the paint scheme is like the comics, sculpt is pretty good, could have been in a better stance.

Brainiac is my favorite in the line, I just wish he had more blood on him. He can be displayed without the brain and his hand doesn't seem out of place.

Red Tornado is the second best. His paint is fairly glossy, and his sculpt is great.

Luthor..... the sparkles kill the ones I saw. He looks like a arts and crafts teacher that has been though a sparkle war-zone. sculpt is great though.