Joerhyno's Custom Contest:2-4man team

JoeRhyno

GET THOSE ENTRIES IN YOU LAST MIN SLACKERS!!!

rhyno1138-customs@yahoo.com

Okay people, here's the skinny, after loking over the poll and the thread where people were discussing the contest, this is what I've come up with:

Custom 2-4 man Specialty Team

1.All customs have to be created by the person entering and be totally new for this contest, if any have been posted, or showed on any message board/convention/backyard BBQ in the past, then they're not eligible.

2.The custom team must consist of at least 2 members and no more than 4 members, at least half the members have to be already created characters in the Joeverse, whether they're from the cartoon, old Marvel comics, DD comics, any other current comics(I'm not really up to date on who's doing them now, lol), Movie,TV shows anything and everything Joe. The other characters can be a made up character, but can not be based off any other medium out there(so no Superman as a Joe, or Hulk Hogan as Joe, or Darth Vader as a Cobra and no vehicle can take place of one of your characters.. so you cannot do a 3-man team, do two cobra's and have the 3rd man a jeep ;) ).

The breakdown goes like this:

2-man team=at least 1 known character, and the other can be whatever you choose.

3-man team=at least 2 known characters, and the other can be whatever you choose.

4-man team=at least 2 known, the other 2 can be whatever...

3.The team must make sense and have some form of uniformity(whether it's, lol, uniform, over all look, certain logo, matching helmets, same color scheme... etc), just don't throw 4 custom My Little Ponies together, and call them your Pony Assault Team and that's it, to make this a little challenging, they actually have to have a reason for being called a "Specialty Team". The majority of you guys chose this, so I'm sure you can make it work. A back story is not required, but a brief description, maybe explaining what they're doing as a team and how they came about as one, would really help. ;)

4.The customs can consist of any toy medium available out there, whether it's Old school/new sculpt GI Joe, 12" Joes(or other 12" dolls @loll@ ), Sigma Six, Marvel Legends, Transformers, My Little Ponies, Marvel Showdown, Star Wars, DC comics... etc... As long as the finished product is a GI Joe(cobra, drednok, IG, etc...) character, and fits the criteria above, then it's all good with me.

5.The contest will run till March 31st, though, being a slacker myself, if people need a couple extra days or another week, I'm flexible... but I wont let it run on forever.

6.When all the entries are received, I'll post them here in a "poll" like I did before, people will have to post who they vote for, and like before, only members that have been a member on or before Jan 1st 2007 are aloud to vote(but anyone and everyone is aloud to actually enter the contest). Please do not post your entries on any board or site until the contest is over, The entries should be sent to me through PM or email first, and I'll host them myself in the final "voting poll".

7.There will be 3 prizes, which haven't been confirmed or finalized yet(but they will be Joe related), so for now.. just know that there'll be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prize.. and those who know me... probably a lil' somethin' somethin' for some of the runners up(depending on how many enter).

8.Lastly, please post here to let me know if you're entering. I'll try to keep this updated with the members who are entering.

If you have any question or comments, please feel free to ask or post them... but please understand, I thought it over, read over the threads and putting up my own money(prizes) and my own time for this, so what's said is final, if you want to complain or cry about a certain rule, be my guest, but it's not gonna change it ;)

Above all, It's to have fun, show your work and celebrate what we love, GI Joes... so please keep that in mind, have fun and get those sculpting tools, paint brushes, figure parts and whatever you're using ready.. and GET TO WORK!!!!!

Thank you.

-Joe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LIST-O-PARTICIPANTS

• Crimson Twins
  • ToiletMonkey1-BOO TO YOU!!!
  • Wayne Sneeden
  • code red shockwave-received
  • revSears
  • Bekker
  • alleyviperelite
  • ibps
  • obiprime
  • Alyosha
  • DOCHOLIDAY56
  • kingmoredred-received
  • slewis-received
  • Mr. Terrific
  • gscbr-received
  • SEALTeamSixCustoms-received
  • Tr1er
  • Cobra Command
  • lance838

Just wanted to thank those few that helped me iron out the wrinkles in my wrinkle free Dockers(you know who you are ;) ).

I'll do it but do you have to use the known charecters?

2.The custom team must consist of at least 2 members and no more than 4 members, at least half the members have to be already created characters in the Joeverse, whether they're from the cartoon, old Marvel comics, DD comics, any other current comics(I'm not really up to date on who's doing them now, lol), Movie,TV shows anything and everything Joe. The other characters can be a made up character, but can not be based off any other medium out there(so no Superman as a Joe, or Hulk Hogan as Joe, or Darth Vader as a Cobra and no vehicle can take place of one of your characters.. so you cannot do a 3-man team, do two cobra's and have the 3rd man a jeep wink.gif ).

The breakdown goes like this:

2-man team=at least 1 known character, and the other can be whatever you choose.

3-man team=at least 2 known characters, and the other can be whatever you choose.

4-man team=at least 2 known, the other 2 can be whatever...

I am in and I am doing old school baby,Not sure why but really been digging doing rah stuff again.

Hey viperhunter you going to get on this?Dont let me and TM be the only old schoolers...

Well...Even though I really wanted to incorporate as many crossovers as humanly possible into a 7 man team (including a go-bot & a spongebob character), I suppose I can limit myself to the parameters of this somewhat restrictive contest. #US1# Yo Joe & so forth.

Kidding aside, I'm in, I'M IN!!.

Thanks for hosting this Joe, I'm lookin' forward to seein' what we all come up with.

Just wanted to give this a bump and let the customizers out there know that Keith at Sunnyshineup:Toy Collector Club andForum is gonna donate some prototypes for some prizes for the contest... I'm not totally sure what all I'll be getting for the contest and what'll go to which place, and I dont want to give away too much till I get them in hand.. but I just wanted to give out this little teaser info :)