Anyone else want to share my humble pie?

Crimson Twins

Well, for years I've been saying that Peyton Manning will be the next Dan Marino. I said he would never win the big one. I called him a choke artist. I said he couldn't beat the Patriots. Then I said he couldn't beat the Patriots when it mattered. I said the Colts couldn't win without James as the RB. I said a team with a run defense as poor as the Colts would never be able to step up in the playoffs and stop the great running games. I said the Colts were all about offense, and since defense wins championships, the Colts would never win one. I said Dungy was the best coach that would never win a title.

Well on all accounts, I was wrong. I hate to admit it. But I give my props to the Colts and Manning, and Dungy. The team that showed up in the playoffs and Super Bowl was not that same team that we saw throughout the season. They played inspired football. They played beyond their talent level. And, as much as I hate to say it, they deserved to win the Super Bowl.

I was the biggest Colts/Manning hater out there (maybe it's the Florida/Tennessee thing). But I'm also a fan of football, and can recognize a great team effort, and a strong leader when I see one. Congrats to the Colts, Manning, Dungy, and the rest of the guys for a great year.

Also, let me not forget the Bears that did great, too. They battled through a lot of adversity, and a shaky QB, and were still in the SB with a chance to win it in the 4th quarter. They might have fallen a bit short, but they deserve some applause as well.

That's good... alot of guys can't do that. I wanted the Colts to win, but mainly b/c of what happened to the coach last year, with his son. They both played well, and I'd say it was a good game. :)

Yeah, I was hoping to see Manning become the next Jim Kelly but oh well.

It is a bit hard to handle the loss after waiting 21 years, bucking the odds and beating the Colts would have made an incredible ending to a magical year.

Alas it was not to be. @sad@

Not to take anything away from the Colts, they did what it took to win and Bears didn't.

However I must point out that the Bears didn't bring anything close to their best game and that's what frustrates me.

In spite of all the impressive offensive numbers the Colts had, they seemed to almost be trying at times to give the game away and Bears wouldn't take it.

It was simple, Bears gave the ball away which led to all the points that made the difference in the Colts favor and that's what we all knew the Bears couldn't do.

Who knows when we'll be down this road again, I fear it won't be any time soon though.

I hear ya madman! When the Bears play their best game there isn't a team in the league who can touch them. Sunday was a lousy game. Despite being dominated according to the stats they still had a chance to win, which is a testament to how good the D is. But Rex blew it. He just plain blew it. I just hope he can get his crap together next year and lead the team.

Props to Manning though. If the Bears had to lose to anyone I guess I am ok with it being Manning.