How much would you pay for a V1 MOC Sealed Firefly?

claws commander

I bet in like 20 more years most of the vintage stuff will have broken o rings moc....rubber just disintigrates after a while.

-saboteur

Your probably right since rubber deteriorates when exposed to oxygen in the air. The bubbles these figures come in don't protect against this, and neither do AFA casings. That's why you should rethink dishing out $2000+ for an AFA 90 Stormshadow. Will it still be worth the same when the o-ring breaks?

I bet in like 20 more years most of the vintage stuff will have broken o rings moc....rubber just disintigrates after a while.

-saboteur

I guess so. This really worries me because I am "trying to" collect Gi Joe Moc, as well as loose. I have given this a lot of thought because its highly possible that after spending a lot of money they might not be worth as much in the future. Collecting vintage MOC Joes isn't like collecting vintage Star Wars toys. There are two main things that can go wrong exclusively with a MOC GI Joe.

1) Broken O-rings

2) Cracked Elbows and anywhere there's a metal part (I have some loose Joes that have cracks on the inside front torso piece where the screw screws into the plastic female part, though this is not visible)

Of course there's also bubble lifting, but that applies to all figures in general.

-saboteur

Your probably right since rubber deteriorates when exposed to oxygen in the air. The bubbles these figures come in don't protect against this, and neither do AFA casings. That's why you should rethink dishing out $2000+ for an AFA 90 Stormshadow. Will it still be worth the same when the o-ring breaks?

Yeah, while it's pretty insane to spend that much money on some cardboard and plastic, it's even more insane knowing that something like this could happen.

BTW - I had never noticed that Firefly is holding his gun by it's clip on his cardart until just now. @lol@

I don't think there's anyway for that waist piece to be in between his legs without that figure being opened and resealed. I just looked at some of my MOCs and there's no way that they could move enough for it to happen.

BTW- The guy ended the auction.

I don't think there's anyway for that waist piece to be in between his legs without that figure being opened and resealed. I just looked at some of my MOCs and there's no way that they could move enough for it to happen.

That's what I was thinking. Those older packages has pretty small bubbles.

If this was opened and resealed don't you think he would have fixed the o-ring?

-saboteur

I wouldn't think so. Really any AFA graded buy is risky because of the fact that toys deteriorate over time.

Not only will the rubber rot away, the glue that holds the blisters on to the cards will weaken over time. I bought a 1978 SW die-cast TIE fighter MOC a few months ago that fell off the weak blister as soon as I got it.