Does Hasbro have any plans on releasing 3-3/4" or 4" figures of all the Marvel Legend figures Toybiz did?

claws commander

I know Toybiz had their Superhero Showdown figures, but I found those really crappy. I especially disliked the gaming concept.

I have only collected Toybiz Marvel Legends X-Men figures and am thinking of selling them all. The thing is that I really like the sculpts based on the classic look and the only reason for wanting to sell them is that this collection is taking up to much space. They are all sealed right now. I collect many other toy lines that I favor more like GI Joes and Star Wars clone troopers, etc, and I really like the space saving 3-3/4"ness of them.

If hasbro would make smaller renditions of these then it would save me some space because I would definitely open them.

...and by the way, 4" X-Men figure would go better, in terms of scale, with the Sentinel Toybiz made.

So does anyone know about any rumors concerning this?

I know Toybiz had their Superhero Showdown figures, but I found those really crappy. I especially disliked the gaming concept.

I have only collected Toybiz Marvel Legends X-Men figures and am thinking of selling them all. The thing is that I really like the sculpts based on the classic look and the only reason for wanting to sell them is that this collection is taking up to much space. They are all sealed right now. I collect many other toy lines that I favor more like GI Joes and Star Wars clone troopers, etc, and I really like the space saving 3-3/4"ness of them.

If hasbro would make smaller renditions of these then it would save me some space because I would definitely open them.

...and by the way, 4" X-Men figure would go better, in terms of scale, with the Sentinel Toybiz made.

Someone close this topic, plz!!!!!!!

Someone close this topic, plz!!!!!!!

Why?

yeah...why?

i actually like the SHS line. i am hoping that hasbro keeps this line rolling. i'm always up for improvement buy hasbros ml line has yet to show me that so as of now i would just like them to keep the SHS line as it was with no changes

I don't think Hasbro has shown any real sign of continuing the SHS line, but I would guess if the sales numbers were good Hasbro would want to continue the line.....I never really got into them though as the cost just seemed way too high for the size of the figures.

And by the way thanos0341, there was really no need to be a jerk.....just relax.

I just figured that since Hasbro's specialty is 3-3/4" figures that they might want to go in that direction along with the regular size. For me its just a matter of space. I don't want to stop collecting anytime soon and I have no idea how many more years I have left of this, but I do know eventually I will run out of space. Its logical for the companies to make 3-3/4" figures so they keep us collecting. I am speaking from my stand point as a mutli-line collector.

I am sure there's a market for smaller ML figures, especially with Joe and Star Wars collector. Plus smaller toys equals less oil consumption and we can agree that that's a positive thing.

I just figured that since Hasbro's specialty is 3-3/4" figures that they might want to go in that direction along with the regular size. For me its just a matter of space. I don't want to stop collecting anytime soon and I have no idea how many more years I have left of this, but I do know eventually I will run out of space. Its logical for the companies to make 3-3/4" figures so they keep us collecting. I am speaking from my stand point as a mutli-line collector.

I am sure there's a market for smaller ML figures, especially with Joe and Star Wars collector. Plus smaller toys equals less oil consumption and we can agree that that's a positive thing.

For me the small scale Marvel figures could never be anything more than a side collection.....the 6" scale is the perfect balance between size and detail. In all honesty I don't see too many Marvel Legends collectors dropping the 6" line to go 100% SHS.....but if that scale works for you then its all good.

Six inch Marvel Legends have made a lasting impact on toy lines.........Turtles, Joes, Power Rangers, DC, McFarlane.....everyone has moved to this size. In my opinion, it is the standard (for now)........There are lots of lines that are successful and smaller (and larger for that matter), but it just seems that you are getting something substantial, that accomdates a good sculpt and can allow for a decent amount of articulation in the six inch size.....

If Marvel Legends goes smaller (even the five inch size) I will stop collecting the line.... and I am a completist....I even get the crappy (insert Scarlet Witch or White Queen here) figures....but a size change will move me out of the line.

Having said all of that, I like the Marvel Legends Showdown figures.....Despite the aforementioned popping off of limbs (makes for easy customs!), they look pretty good although they are too pricey for the size (thus making a greater profit for Toy Biz).....I got the variants (just because I found them) and a few others like the Silver Surfer ('cause he looks great in the hands of Galactus).

So listen here Hasbro.....don't go messing with the size.....and keep an eye on your LACK of articulation....don't MAKE me come over there.......

Six inch Marvel Legends have made a lasting impact on toy lines.........Turtles, Joes, Power Rangers, DC, McFarlane.....everyone has moved to this size. In my opinion, it is the standard (for now)........There are lots of lines that are successful and smaller (and larger for that matter), but it just seems that you are getting something substantial, that accomdates a good sculpt and can allow for a decent amount of articulation in the six inch size.....

If Marvel Legends goes smaller (even the five inch size) I will stop collecting the line.... and I am a completist....I even get the crappy (insert Scarlet Witch or White Queen here) figures....but a size change will move me out of the line.

Having said all of that, I like the Marvel Legends Showdown figures.....Despite the aforementioned popping off of limbs (makes for easy customs!), they look pretty good although they are too pricey for the size (thus making a greater profit for Toy Biz).....I got the variants (just because I found them) and a few others like the Silver Surfer ('cause he looks great in the hands of Galactus).

So listen here Hasbro.....don't go messing with the size.....and keep an eye on your LACK of articulation....don't MAKE me come over there.......

I wasn't implying they cancel the 6" line, just that they also do a 3-3/4" line like the new 25th anniversary Joes, and without the gaming pieces that drive up the SHS figures price.

You know I'm always up for smaller figures. The smaller they are the more they grab my attention; I have always liked the 3 3/4 size the best. However, that's just my preference. I have always liked small figures (especially with lots of cool accessories).

However I don't see them really doing anything like this in the future. Like it was said, the 6 inch lines seem to dominate. If it's not that, then it's super tiny collectable figures. Though, honestly, I think the 3 3/4 size would be just as collectable. They wouldn't have to go nuts with articulation or amazing paint schemes. Give 'em what they need (accessories if they have them I.E. Thor's hammer, Captain America's sheild) but otherwise just keep the costs down enough to make them easily collectable. It seems that small and collectable usually means little statue....and i just don't think that needs to be. They can still be action figures! They just don't need to be crazy with articulation either.

Ah well. I agree; in terms of space they are better. However, the companies aren't really concerned with our space so I don't see them doing the small guys for any other reason. The gaming figures are just dieing off (Xevos....rest in peace) and they don't see a need to make another smaller line without some sorta gimmick to go with it. If they just want a small collectable line that isn't mostly statics then I'd be all for it.

Uh, some of those lines pre-date Toybiz's Marvel Legends in the use of the 6" scale.

McFarlane started out making 6" figures back in the early 90's, Power Rangers a few years after that--their figures were 8", iirc.

GIJOES are STILL not in this scale, the closest was 8" or 5" tall--they've never been 6" tall.

Marvel Legends is only a couple years old, so its kind of the reverse--they've joined most everyone else.

I would love to see 3 3/4" style Marvel Legends. Id say the chances are pretty slim, since SHS was basically the same thing and it seems to have flopped. Ive been tempted a few times to buy some of the SHS stuff at 3 and $4 prices, but I dont really need to. Regular Legends have been PLENTY To keep me busy with.

What if Hasbro totally lost their minds, though, and made SIGMA 6 style Marvel Legends ? @hmmm@

I bet if it were Mattel they would do it lol.

And just like Sigma 6, I would *NOT* buy them!

If we did get a really good 3 3/4-4" line, then I'd very much consider it a viable alternative to the 6" line, but I doubt we'll ever be given such a distinct choice. I hope we continue to get SHS as I really like the line. Perhaps drop the silly game and the price... but yeah, great figures.

Don't count on it any time soon from those in the know.

Draven

Of course, that could always change if 3.75 Joes pick up steam. I always envisioned a "total action line" from Hasbro, you'd have Star Wars with the realisticly made figures, Marvel with the cartoonish figures, and GI Joe falling somewhere in between. I still feel that such cross promotion would work well.

But yeah, between the (essentially) from scratch relaunch of Legends, Icons, along with the introduction of Titanium and Superhero Squad, PLUS 3 major movie lines, there just isn't any room (IMO) for a 3.75/4" line.

However, next year when things cool down (all I know of coming out next year is Iron Man), I can see Hasbro maybe doing 3.75/4 figures for a comic pack assortment, but it is something we'll have to wait and see.

I like the size of the SHS figures, but i dont like the the possability. its too much for figures that are so small. if hasbro continues to make small marvel figures i think they should cut back on the possability. I really like having clossus and magneto fight anlong side g.i.joe and cobra, and the more marvel heroes and villians can join the better.