Jump to content

My nightmare deal with Kaleo


Van Flyheit

Recommended Posts

Here is the original thread:

 

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showt...49&hl=kaleo

 

The deal he agreed to was this:

 

My brown Cable, white Sasquatch, ML7 Hawkeye, ML7 Apocalypse & HC Bruce Banner, for his movie Doombot. For the record, I would have traded much more than this if the items in question were easier to find than Cable and Apoc. Cable is coming out of MY collection, as well as Bruce Banner. And the items in question are the only ones I can trade that he actually needs.

 

 

I'll let the emails speak for themselves. I am Colin, he is ChdPelekai@aol.com:

 

[begin emails]

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details 12/26/06

 

For the Doombot...is the only figure MOC the White Sasquatch...and do you have another offer in place of the regular phoenix...I will be obtaining one MOC through another trade...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details 12/27/06

 

On 12/26/06, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

For the Doombot...is the only figure MOC the White Sasquatch...and do you have another offer in place of the regular phoenix...I will be obtaining one MOC through another trade...

 

Colin replies:

Yup, Sassy is the only MOC, and I could sub in a ML7 Hawkeye for the Phoenix once I get the set of ML7 I oredered in the mail...

 

Lemme know!

 

Colin ^_^

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details 12/31/06

 

If you can get Hawkeye...consider this a deal...BTW, on the loose items, do you still have the cards and comics for the figs?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 2

 

On 12/31/06, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

If you can get Hawkeye...consider this a deal...BTW, on the loose items, do you still have the cards and comics for the figs?

 

Colin replies:

Hawkeye and the others should be arriving any day now, as they are over 3 weeks late...

 

As for the cards and comics, you'll have to remind me what items I offered besides Sasquatch, Phoenix, Hawkeye, and Bruce Banner.

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 2

 

On 1/2/07, Colin Wright <squeezeplay69@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12/31/06, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

If you can get Hawkeye...consider this a deal...BTW, on the loose items, do you still have the cards and comics for the figs?

 

Colin replies:

Nvm, I got the list off the TNI post ^_^

 

Brown Cable w/compl. gun/bike (this I got loose w/no comic or card back)

ML 7 Apocolypse (same as Cable)

Bruce Banner Hulk Classics (I got this loose w/no Hulk or cardback)

Hawkeye will be coming loose w/no comic or cardback too...

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 2

 

Cool...the only guy you had MOC was the variant sasquatch, correct...once you get the all the guys together please send to my address...recommend using USPS priority mail w/ a confirmation number...once you get the confirmation number please send it to me...here's my address...

 

 

 

Also, please put your address on the package and I'll send the Doombot to that address as soon as I receive it...

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 3

 

On 1/2/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Cool...the only guy you had MOC was the variant sasquatch, correct...

 

Colin replies:

Yep.

 

On 1/2/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

once you get the all the guys together please send to my address...recommend using USPS priority mail w/ a confirmation number...once you get the confirmation number please send it to me...

 

Colin replies:

I usually use parcel post w/DC, unless it's only a few cents diff.

 

On 1/2/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Also, please put your address on the package and I'll send the Doombot to that address as soon as I receive it...

 

Colin replies:

Sorry, but with first time trades I always either have the other person send first or at the same time. I have done over 1000 deals online with around 500 people for the past 8 years or so and have references to back that up (on eBay, various MBs and from my webpage before Topcities closed down). If you like we could exchange references before sending out at the same time since I have seen you made a few good trades with MB members so far.

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 3

 

Here's my references...

 

MICKERICM

 

MAESTRO

 

and

 

EVENFLOW....

 

They're members on TNI and can vouch for me...I just traded with them for the other three Doombots within the past month and am currently conducting another trade with MICKERICM for another item...I've also posted pics on TNI to verify that I have the Doombots...not sure what more I can do to prove that I am willing to trade in good faith...since this is my last Doombot, I don't feel comfortable sending it first...if that does not work for you...I will respect your decision...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 3

 

On 1/3/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

They're members on TNI and can vouch for me...I just traded with them for the other three Doombots within the past month and am currently conducting another trade with MICKERICM for another item...I've also posted pics on TNI to verify that I have the Doombots...not sure what more I can do to prove that I am willing to trade in good faith...

 

Colin replies:

Are those the only three guys that you have ever traded with online? Just wondering.

 

On 1/3/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

since this is my last Doombot, I don't feel comfortable sending it first...if that does not work for you...I will respect your decision...

 

Colin replies:

I didn't ask you to send first. I am asking that we send at the same time. Surely you can understand that someone who has done around or over 1000 deals online with almost no foulups on my end (and only then because of miscomm. which I later made right) would not feel right sending his items first.

 

Also, I am waiting on several items that are WAY overdue maybe in part because of the holiday, so asking me to wait while praying the package I send makes it's way to you and then praying while yours makes it's way to me afterwards is a little much.

 

Here's some ref.:

 

My first eBay account: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...eplaythevicious

 

My current eBay account: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...antiquatedlady1

 

For FB on TNI and Fwoosh, check Van Flyheit on TNI and squeezeplay on Fwoosh. I can send you my first 300 or so ref.'s on the 'net later if that's not enough.

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 4

 

In a message dated 1/3/2007 5:04:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, squeezeplay69@gmail.com writes:

Van Flyheit

Fair enough...let's work out the details...I've never traded simultaneously...just walk me through the process and let's proceed from there...

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 4

 

On 1/4/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Fair enough...let's work out the details...I've never traded simultaneously...just walk me through the process and let's proceed from there...

 

Colin replies:

Ok, basically after I get the ML7s I will box them up and let you know they are ready to go out, you and I would then mutually agree to a day to send them out. I pack extremely well, with a small enough box and just enough good padding to make sure the stuff doesn't slide around and won't get broken in transit, but also doesn't get crushed by the padding. Please try to pack the Doombot the same way.

 

We would both send with parcel post with DC unless you want to opt for priority on your end (I do that on my end when the difference is like less than $ .50). I would recc. against one of those automatic USPS tellers because I've had bad luck with trying to use the DC numbers from those.

 

Then we give each other the DC number over email and we wait for the packages to arrive. Once they arrive we email each other to let us know whether we found the trade satisfactory, and then on to posting each other a feedback on the MB ^_^

 

Please do NOT be late on the day we are sending out since I have had several people do this and then wait for my end to arrive saying "sorry I couldn't get to the PO". This is EXTREMELY in bad faith and I consider it the act of a "bad trader".

 

For the record afaik all the stuff I'm sending you is in great shape and will meet with your approval as far as any wear or damage (none), but I will give it a last check before we send and let you know if there are any issues. I will also list anything that comes with the figures at that time.

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 4

 

Sounds good...I'll pack it well and make sure it gets to you on time...

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 5

 

On 1/4/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Sounds good...I'll pack it well and make sure it gets to you on time...

 

 

Colin replies:

Cool ^_^

 

Now just keep your fingers crossed that I get the ML7s soon...

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 5

 

:)

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 18

 

On 1/5/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

:)

 

Colin replies:

No sign of the ML7s yet. I'm starting to think the guy isn't sending them or he can't for some reason.

 

I'm going to post to the MB about it.

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 18

 

Cool, just let me know if anything changes in the near future.

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 21

 

How confident are you that we will be able to complete this deal?

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 21

 

On 1/21/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

How confident are you that we will be able to complete this deal?

 

Colin replies:

Well, I could always get rid of the Apocalypse and Hawkeye w/no bow that I already have. Then I could send you a bow later on.

 

How can I know whether the set of figures has been lost in the mail?

 

I can't.

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 21

 

I understand, things happen. How about checking out my trade thread to see if you have any of the other figs I'm looking for that you might currently have and are willing to trade?

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 21

 

On 1/21/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

I understand, things happen. How about checking out my trade thread to see if you have any of the other figs I'm looking for that you might currently have and are willing to trade?

 

Colin replies:

Last I knew there was nothing, which is why I only had those items. But send me the URL and I'll check it again ^_^

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 21

 

Here you go...

 

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2028349

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 21

 

On 1/21/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Here you go...

 

http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2028349

 

Colin replies:

I just found out that the ML7s got sent to someone else's address, and that they went back as far as Arizona where the AZ. P.O. is holding them for some reason. The guy I'm getting them from is trying to get them to send them to me or back to him so we'll see what happens within the next few days...

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 23

 

On 1/21/07, Colin Wright <squeezeplay69@gmail.com> wrote:

I just found out that the ML7s got sent to someone else's address, and that they went back as far as Arizona where the AZ. P.O. is holding them for some reason. The guy I'm getting them from is trying to get them to send them to me or back to him so we'll see what happens within the next few days...

 

An update: They figures are on their way back to him so they should be at his house by Thursday. After that he will send them right out to me so I'll lyk when they arrive here...

 

 

 

 

 

"chdpelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 23

 

Thanks for keeping me updated...just as an FYI, I was able to find another Hawkeye and Apocalypse through another trade...I could not wait any longer for your end to possibly come through with this deal...if you would want to work another trade out, let me know...

 

 

Colin Wright to chdpelekai

show details Jan 24

 

On 1/23/07, chdpelekai@aol.com <chdpelekai@aol.com> wrote:

Thanks for keeping me updated...just as an FYI, I was able to find another Hawkeye and Apocalypse through another trade...I could not wait any longer for your end to possibly come through with this deal...if you would want to work another trade out, let me know...

 

Colin replies:

How about I send you the other stuff and I owe you a certain amount to be named later. Say, another $25 in stuff?

 

Here is my list in case you want to pick from it now:

 

 

NOTE to MB readers: Colin's entire haves and wants followed. Colin has truncated this list in the interest of efficiency.

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 27 (5 days ago)

 

If one of my deals falls through I'll let you know...

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 29 (3 days ago)

 

On 1/27/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

If one of my deals falls through I'll let you know...

 

Colin replies:

What I meant was that I can send you the Sasquatch, Banner and Cable now and you can send the Doombot now as well. Then I can just owe you some more stuff or if you'd rather, we can just do the original deal as it was?

 

Colin

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 29 (3 days ago)

 

I wish things could have worked out, but I no longer need Hawkeye or Apocalypse from the original deal. I sincerely appreciate your efforts to come up with another option. However, I don't feel comfortable sending you the Doombot and only receiving half of your end of the deal. If I agreed to this, I have no assurances that you would be motivated to complete the deal since you will have already received everything I agreed to send you.

 

Bottom line is that I would have really liked to have traded for the figures I don't have (Bruce Banner, Brown Cable, etc). Right now I can't agree with what is on the table. Unless we can come to agreement on another trade, I would consider this deal closed.

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details Jan 30 (2 days ago)

 

On 1/29/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

I wish things could have worked out, but I no longer need Hawkeye or Apocalypse from the original deal. I sincerely appreciate your efforts to come up with another option. However, I don't feel comfortable sending you the Doombot and only receiving half of your end of the deal. If I agreed to this, I have no assurances that you would be motivated to complete the deal since you will have already received everything I agreed to send you.

Bottom line is that I would have really liked to have traded for the figures I don't have (Bruce Banner, Brown Cable, etc). Right now I can't agree with what is on the table. Unless we can come to agreement on another trade, I would consider this deal closed.

 

Colin replies:

Well, since you broke the deal, I will have to consider you a bad trader, and post as such.

 

Thanks for nothing,

Colin

 

 

 

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Jan 30 (2 days ago)

 

I wouldn't recommend posting me as bad trader...you made a promise that you had the figures to trade, which you did not...I was patient enough to wait almost a month for you come up with the figures which you did not...and then you want me to wait longer or agree to half the trade, send you the doombot, and then hope that you'll keep your end of the deal...you got to be kidding me...and now you're going to post me as a bad trader because I cancelled the deal...and now you're threatening me with a bad post...you'll regret posting it if you do...

 

 

 

 

Colin Wright to ChdPelekai

show details 6:08 pm (18 minutes ago)

 

On 1/30/07, ChdPelekai@aol.com <ChdPelekai@aol.com> wrote:

I wouldn't recommend posting me as bad trader...you made a promise that you had the figures to trade, which you did not...I was patient enough to wait almost a month for you come up with the figures which you did not...and then you want me to wait longer or agree to half the trade, send you the doombot, and then hope that you'll keep your end of the deal...you got to be kidding me...and now you're going to post me as a bad trader because I cancelled the deal...and now you're threatening me with a bad post...you'll regret posting it if you do...

 

 

Colin replies:

I never said I WANTED you to send me the Doombot for HALF. I said you COULD do that if you wanted. What I said I wanted was for you to wait til I have the other half and finish the deal as you agreed to it.

 

If you do not take the Apocalypse and Hawkeye with the other stuff then I am going to be forced to post you as a bad trader. Because you are. You went back on the deal, not me. The fact that it is taking longer than I thought for some lost figures to get here to me so I can send them to you is not my fault. I am still going to go through with the deal as YOU agreed to it.

 

So what's it going to be? If you don't agree to the original deal I can just post about this problem in a couple days.

 

Colin

 

P. S. threatening to make me regret posting about you is laughable. YOU are the one who screwed ME by breaking the deal YOU agreed to.

 

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Feb 1 (2 days ago)

 

You're fricking joke...quit sending me emails...

 

 

 

[end emails]

 

Now, all I want is to get the ML7s in the mail and finish the deal for the Doombot as we agreed. "Kaleo" is refusing to follow through on the deal.

 

Am I asking for something that isn't within my rights?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's his latest email to me. I am trying to be calm about this but Kaleo, you are pushing me to something nasty:

 

[begin email]

 

"ChdPelekai@aol.com" to me

show details Feb 1 (2 days ago)

 

You're fricking joke...quit sending me emails...

 

 

[end email]

 

I guess no one on this board has an opinion on this matter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have an opinion...but you probably won't like it.

 

He is new and you have been around for a while and seem to have plenty of references, so there was nothing wrong w/ you requesting a simultaneous trade. In fact, I usually make traders as new as him send FIRST. However, the amount of time it has taken you to get everything to complete the deal has gone well beyond what I would call "normal." Deals should never take that long...and it looks like you still don't even have the Hawkeye and Apoc? It's totally not your fault that there was a mixup in the shipping of those to you...but the fact remains that you don't have them.

 

I personally would not want to wait that long to make a trade, either. I'm sure he had offers in the meantime for a hot item like Doombot. I also tried to make a trade for one of the Doombots early on but just found the amount of stuff I had to give up was WAY too much. I fully understand how tough Doombot is to come by, but the whole purpose of trading on the boards is to make FAIR trades. I don't think trading one fig for 5 is very fair, but that's just my opinion. If I wanted to get raped, I could just go get one on Ebay and have the same result and at least know I was pretty much guaranteed to get the item. So in the long-run, I perosnally think you are better off...keep all that stuff because you would have been giving up too much anyway.

 

Like I said, sorry I don't totally agree w/ ya on this one but you said you were looking for opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When something goes this bad, there's really only one gentlemanly way to resolve it.

If you cannot complete the trade as agreed upon, both sides could send the items back to other--leaving both parties out only their shipping costs. That way, all the good are back at their starting points, and each trader can then turn around and offer them to someone else and HOPEFULLY the deals will go smoother.

 

This, of course, is soley dependant upon the maturity and civility of the traders.

If someone is reluctant to part with what they have recieved, then the whole thing gets stuck, and both parties are pretty much resigned with what they have in hand. If someone doesn't send their side, then they deserve negative feedback--but really only if one party is empty handed.

Returning everything to each respective trader is the only sensible way to complete the trade, in this instance.

 

Chances are, the same items first sought will turn up again, and with likely even more favourable terms.

 

If that doesn't work for both folks..........well, consider the amounts to be really just petty cash amounts and its not much to cry over. Learn the lesson within, and next time trade more carefully.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't really see either of you in the wrong.

 

I would just break the deal off completely and you should both just look for others to trade with instead. Don't leave each other any negative feedback and just call a truece.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A buddy of mine told me that a guy (Kaleo) on this website had a couple of rare figures that I have been looking for. I just joined today because I wanted to contact Kaleo and see if we conduct some business. I then saw this post about Kaleo and decided to take the time to read it before I made my offer. Here are my thoughts on the whole situation,

 

1)BIG - I do agree with you that deals should not take this long. I consider trading a business. And time is money with business. If you can't close the deal in a timely manner, it is no one's fault but your own if the transaction fails.

 

- I do not agree with you on the point that it was not Van Flyheit's fault that he could not get the figures. It is. He made an offer that he did not have and/or could not come up with in a timely manner. No one wants to hear excuses when you make a promise to close a business deal and you can't deliver.

 

- On your last point about trading fair, I don't blame Kaleo for agreeing to trade 5 for 1 figure. From what I read, Van made the offer to Kaleo. Would you turn down an offer like this?

 

2) ARROW - I don't know what you read, but I don't believe that anything was traded. I read the whole thing and it seems that both agreed to trade and Van did have the items to trade. Kaleo waited for a month and then he cancelled the deal. Kaleo? Van Flyheit? Am I wrong?

 

3) Kaleo - Dude, you're way too nice. You should have gotten assurances that Van had the stuff. Don't take any excuses. This is business and should be conducted accordingly.

 

4) Van Flyheit -Like BIG, you're not going to like what I'm going to have to say, but you asked for it so I'm going to give it. Based on what you posted, I read there was a window of opportunity to close this deal and you missed it. You could not come up with your end of the deal in a timely manner. Sure you gave a reason why, but the fact of the matter is that you made an offer that you did have to trade in the first place. It is as simple as that.

 

I would also recommend conducting business in a more civil manner. Business/trading is about developing relationships. Publicizing your problems/issues about this trade and asking for opinions was not the best way to conduct business. If you really wanted this figure, you should have kept the door open and continued to work out a deal privately. Posting unnecessary/uncalled for negative feedback on him was a very bad move. I don't blame Kaleo for not wanting to trade with you. Your emails are pretty abrasive. You should have just walked away from this when you could have or dealt with Kaleo with more civility. Remember, you made the offer to him. The power is in his court, not yours. Now everyone will read this and unfortunately some will now have a negative opinion about you. Sorry man, you took the acid test by asking the question and got burned.

 

Raf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I got to agree, Kaleo is not in the wrong. Maybe he should have warned you sooner about a time table but still its his call when you take some long. I think neither are in the wrong, you just need to let it go.

Draven

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1)BIG - I do agree with you that deals should not take this long. I consider trading a business. And time is money with business. If you can't close the deal in a timely manner, it is no one's fault but your own if the transaction fails.

 

- I do not agree with you on the point that it was not Van Flyheit's fault that he could not get the figures. It is. He made an offer that he did not have and/or could not come up with in a timely manner. No one wants to hear excuses when you make a promise to close a business deal and you can't deliver.

 

- On your last point about trading fair, I don't blame Kaleo for agreeing to trade 5 for 1 figure. From what I read, Van made the offer to Kaleo. Would you turn down an offer like this?

 

 

He never hid the fact that he didn't have the last two figures. He said he was waiting on them and expected them shortly. Kaleo was obviously okay w/ waiting a short period of time for VF to be able to create the trade. The fact that the shipping on those last 2 figures got screwed up and VF had to wait much longer than expected is NOT his fault, just like it's not Kaleo's fault for getting tired of waiting. If he had acted as if he had everything, that would be the only way VF could be held accountable and he obviously didn't do that.

 

And as for "fair" trading, where did I say I blame Kaleo for anything? If somebody was making me offers like that for something of course I would take it. I simply stated that I chose not to play ball if that's what it would take for me to trade w/ him and there are no hard feelings at all. And I think VF is better off that the trade fell through because that's WAY too much to give up IMO.

 

I can see you've been on here for about 5 minutes so I'll cut you some slack, but that's not normally how trading works around here, regardless of what you are used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:09 PM' post='16299114'

I have an opinion...but you probably won't like it.

/quote

 

Actually, it seems to be extremely fair.

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:09 PM' post='16299114'

He is new and you have been around for a while and seem to have plenty of references, so there was nothing wrong w/ you requesting a simultaneous trade. In fact, I usually make traders as new as him send FIRST.

/quote

 

I would have, but he had just done 3 deals with big MB names and I didn't have the two figures in hand yet, so I figured it would be nice to cut him some slack. And it would have ended up better for me but worse for him cause he would be waiting on his figures still while I would have had the 'bot in hand...

 

Guess it's better for everyone but me that I didn't ask him to send first, not that he would have anyway...

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:09 PM' post='16299114'

However, the amount of time it has taken you to get everything to complete the deal has gone well beyond what I would call "normal." Deals should never take that long...and it looks like you still don't even have the Hawkeye and Apoc? It's totally not your fault that there was a mixup in the shipping of those to you...but the fact remains that you don't have them.

/quote

 

That's true. But my point is that I kept him updated like every few days. And it was only right after he agreed to still trade and then suddently SPRUNG it on me that he was backing out without warning that I started to gt p*ssed off.

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:09 PM' post='16299114'

I fully understand how tough Doombot is to come by, but the whole purpose of trading on the boards is to make FAIR trades. I don't think trading one fig for 5 is very fair, but that's just my opinion. If I wanted to get raped, I could just go get one on Ebay and have the same result and at least know I was pretty much guaranteed to get the item. So in the long-run, I perosnally think you are better off...keep all that stuff because you would have been giving up too much anyway.

/quote

 

Doombot is easily $100+ on eBay (like I said, I would have traded $100 or more in common stuff for him, easily). The stuff I'm giving up is aroud $60-70 by fair market prices. And how am I ever going to get a Doombot for a deal like that again? I don't have he $100+ to buy it on eBay and I MIGHT find someone to trade me but the chances are SLIM. This is the whole reason I'm so f***ed up over this deal. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to post.

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 3 2007, 09:09 PM' post='16299114'

Like I said, sorry I don't totally agree w/ ya on this one but you said you were looking for opinions.

/quote

 

No reason to be sorry. I'm trying to be reasonable on this, unlike the person I was dealing with.

 

quote name='Blackmada' date='Feb 4 2007, 08:45 AM' post='16299229'

I would just break the deal off completely and you should both just look for others to trade with instead. Don't leave each other any negative feedback and just call a truece.

/quote

 

I would be happy to do that, but like I said, where do I find that Doombot? If I could get one somewhere else, I wouldn't have even bothered to think twice about this.

 

- I do not agree with you on the point that it was not Van Flyheit's fault that he could not get the figures. It is. He made an offer that he did not have and/or could not come up with in a timely manner. No one wants to hear excuses when you make a promise to close a business deal and you can't deliver.

3) Kaleo - Dude, you're way too nice. You should have gotten assurances that Van had the stuff. Don't take any excuses. This is business and should be conducted accordingly.

4) Van Flyheit -Like BIG, you're not going to like what I'm going to have to say, but you asked for it so I'm going to give it. Based on what you posted, I read there was a window of opportunity to close this deal and you missed it. You could not come up with your end of the deal in a timely manner. Sure you gave a reason why, but the fact of the matter is that you made an offer that you did have to trade in the first place. It is as simple as that.

/quote

 

Yeah, but I told him the package was late at that time. And granted, it HAS still not shown up a LONG time later (why I still have not found out), but he should have backed out long before he did, rather than telling me "well, if one of my other deals falls through" and "offer me some other stuff instead". I told him I didn't have anything else.

 

quote name='DonRafael' date='Feb 4 2007, 12:39 PM' post='16299287'

2) ARROW - I don't know what you read, but I don't believe that anything was traded. I read the whole thing and it seems that both agreed to trade and Van did have the items to trade. Kaleo waited for a month and then he cancelled the deal. Kaleo? Van Flyheit? Am I wrong?

/quote

 

Nope, you are correct.

 

quote name='DonRafael' date='Feb 4 2007, 12:39 PM' post='16299287'

I would also recommend conducting business in a more civil manner. If you really wanted this figure, you should have kept the door open and continued to work out a deal privately. Posting unnecessary/uncalled for negative feedback on him was a very bad move. I don't blame Kaleo for not wanting to trade with you.

/quote

 

Dude, what are you talking about? "Kept the door open"? The whole reason I posted is because he backed out of the only deal that I had to offer. There's no further ability to deal here. This was it. One chance, blown.

 

Plus, this post is not negative feedback. It was a stab at trying to figure out an equitable solution to my problem. Negative FB would have been "Kaleo is a bad trader" and then the appropriate text inside the thread.

 

quote name='DonRafael' date='Feb 4 2007, 12:39 PM' post='16299287'

Your emails are pretty abrasive. You should have just walked away from this when you could have or dealt with Kaleo with more civility. Remember, you made the offer to him. The power is in his court, not yours. Now everyone will read this and unfortunately some will now have a negative opinion about you. Sorry man, you took the acid test by asking the question and got burned.

Raf

/quote

 

I only got abrasive after he refused to go through with the deal. Once again, I would have been happy to walk away if I thought I had ANY chance of ever finding the Doombot for less than $100 cash. WHICH I don't have. And probably won't for several years, if at all.

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 4 2007, 03:59 PM' post='16299341'

He never hid the fact that he didn't have the last two figures. He said he was waiting on them and expected them shortly. Kaleo was obviously okay w/ waiting a short period of time for VF to be able to create the trade. The fact that the shipping on those last 2 figures got screwed up and VF had to wait much longer than expected is NOT his fault, just like it's not Kaleo's fault for getting tired of waiting. If he had acted as if he had everything, that would be the only way VF could be held accountable and he obviously didn't do that.

/quote

 

Thanks for that man.

 

quote name='biglebowski9999' date='Feb 4 2007, 03:59 PM' post='16299341'

I can see you've been on here for about 5 minutes so I'll cut you some slack, but that's not normally how trading works around here, regardless of what you are used to.

/quote

 

Hehehe, and what's funny is that I have had other people wait even longer to do deals with me, and I've waited just as long for them. I think the fact that Kaleo was brand new and already expecting me to scam him or something before I even asked the question is what really killed this.

 

I currently have 2 people waiting for 2 other ML7s plus some other stuff and they are holding a bunch of good stuff for me including a gold ML1 IM variant. I consider these people not just trading partners but also friends.

 

This situation is just a real shame.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Van Flyheit

 

The way I see it (and I think the way others are seeing it) is that he had every right to back out. It took you a long time to get everything in order (which can happen). It wasn't your fault but still it happened. He probably got offered something else and didn't want to miss out on that opportunity in the hopes that you would be able to get everything together (which it probably seemed unlikely after a month) and not leave him hanging.

 

Now up to this point I don't think anyone is at fault. It just didn't work out. But then you message him this:

 

"Colin replies:

Well, since you broke the deal, I will have to consider you a bad trader, and post as such.

 

Thanks for nothing,

Colin"

 

This right here is where I fault you. You consider him a bad trader and will post as such??? How is he a bad trader? He waited for a month for you to get your stuff in order. You aren't out anything. If you had sent to him and he didn't send to you then he would be a bad trader but that didn't happen. You try to blackmail him into waiting longer when I don't think he should have. Bad Traders rip people off not wait patiently for 30 days and then send an email and say ok lets just call it off. I think its ridiculous that you refer to him that way and try to threaten him.

 

Then to top it off you say "Thanks for nothing..." How insane is that? Not "Thanks for waiting a month for me" but "thanks for nothing." That is really, really childish and ungrateful. You should be grateful he waited that long to try and work the deal out.

 

Sorry man but after a message like that there's no way Kaleo should go through with any kind of deal with you. You came across as a spoiled kid who didn't get his way and then throws a tantrum.

 

Even your response here... all you care about is getting your Doombot and how you are going to get it now? Who cares? Why should Kaleo care how you are going to get it? We try to help each other out on these boards but man you are asking WAY too much of Kaleo and then turn around and proverbially spit on all that he did for you (waiting that long for a trade is doing a lot).

 

Sorry man but you asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

van didnt u have a different name here before like squeezeplay, or something like that?

 

yeah, it's the same guy.. and to be honest, I whole heartedly agree with nevermore...

 

If anyone is at fault, it's you for starting a trade with something you didn't even have "in hand" That right there is the first mistake...

 

To be honest, I think you need to take a new approach to trading, only trade stuff you physically have, if not, it's just gonna lead to more trouble... and threatening someone about leaving them feedback when they back out of a deal, that's just wrong, at least you let us know the whole story, so we really know who's at fault. That's just my $.02 worth.. but I've been trading/selling/buying online for 12 years now.. so I think I have a little grounds to stand on ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read through this again and I am just dumbfounded that Van Flyheit is saying that Kaleo is a bad trader. It's so ridiculously hilarious that he says:

 

"YOU are the one who screwed ME by breaking the deal YOU agreed to."

 

It's so backwards it's like The Twilight Zone or something.

 

I also think Kaleo handled very well too. Finally to just stop talking to him...really grown up. I don't think I could have done that I would have went off.

 

I guess what Kaleo said isn't so "laughable"...Van Flyheit probably does regret posting him as a bad trader now.

 

RJones...U should remember squeezeplay...I just did a search and low and behold I found an old thread about you two! LOL funny stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

meh.... I think both sides share some blame in the bad deal.

 

1st, Van should not have tried to trade stuff he didnt have and had no guarantees he would. However, it sounds like Kaleo knew he didn't have it in hand, and still agreed to it.

 

 

2nd, Kaleo should not have been pursuing items that he had agreed to receive in another trade. If he got tired of waiting, he should have simply said that the deal is off. Not, "I don't need some of the stuff you have anymore, do you have more to offer?" Because on Van's side, he is doing all he can to get the items, and believed that Kaleo knew this, and would be patient.

 

I guess they just needed to talk to each other more. Van needed to make sure that Kaleo understood he didn't have the stuff, and that it was coming (which he did.) But he also needed to make sure that Kaleo was going to wait for it.

 

Kaleo should have told him that it was taking too long and he wasn't interested, before he found the same items in another trade and backed out. Van thought he had agreed to the deal, and didn't have a problem waiting.

 

 

 

as for the trade itself.... the fairness of it depends on how much each collector values loose or MOC figures....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

meh.... I think both sides share some blame in the bad deal.

 

1st, Van should not have tried to trade stuff he didnt have and had no guarantees he would. However, it sounds like Kaleo knew he didn't have it in hand, and still agreed to it.

 

 

2nd, Kaleo should not have been pursuing items that he had agreed to receive in another trade. If he got tired of waiting, he should have simply said that the deal is off. Not, "I don't need some of the stuff you have anymore, do you have more to offer?" Because on Van's side, he is doing all he can to get the items, and believed that Kaleo knew this, and would be patient.

 

I guess they just needed to talk to each other more. Van needed to make sure that Kaleo understood he didn't have the stuff, and that it was coming (which he did.) But he also needed to make sure that Kaleo was going to wait for it.

 

Kaleo should have told him that it was taking too long and he wasn't interested, before he found the same items in another trade and backed out. Van thought he had agreed to the deal, and didn't have a problem waiting.

 

 

 

as for the trade itself.... the fairness of it depends on how much each collector values loose or MOC figures....

 

 

I understand what you are saying but maybe Kaleo wasn't pursuing other trades and he got it offered to him. Then he did exactly what you said he should've done. He messaged Van Flyheit and said he doesn't need them anymore. He said if there was something else that Van Flyheit had they could still work something out otherwise he was going to have to cancel the trade. I don't think he could've done it better.

 

We don't know if Kaleo was actively looking for the items or someone just made an offer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1st, Van should not have tried to trade stuff he didnt have and had no guarantees he would. However, it sounds like Kaleo knew he didn't have it in hand, and still agreed to it.

 

I agree with you on the fact that Van should not have tried to trade stuff he did not have. On your second point, I believe Kaleo was just trying to be good guy by working with Van to complete the deal.

 

2nd, Kaleo should not have been pursuing items that he had agreed to receive in another trade. If he got tired of waiting, he should have simply said that the deal is off. Not, "I don't need some of the stuff you have anymore, do you have more to offer?" Because on Van's side, he is doing all he can to get the items, and believed that Kaleo knew this, and would be patient.

 

I don't believe Kaleo was pursuing items that he had agreed to receive in another trade based on my experiences with him. I've tried to work out a deal for some of what he's trading and he told me that he's already promised it to someone else. Even prior to trying to trade with him, I contacted people that he has traded with and they all had GREAT things to say about him when it came to trading.

 

I guess they just needed to talk to each other more. Van needed to make sure that Kaleo understood he didn't have the stuff, and that it was coming (which he did.) But he also needed to make sure that Kaleo was going to wait for it.

 

From what I read, communication was going strong until Van got all pissy with Kaleo. Unfortunately that seems to be Van's or Squeezeplay's style of doing business. I've read this post (because it's pretty funny) and other posts by Van (aka Squeezeplay) and it seems like when Van/Squeezeplay doesn't not get his way he starts to act as Nevermore accurately describes it "childish". I was shocked to read he even went heads up against JayC (lol), go figure.

 

Kaleo should have told him that it was taking too long and he wasn't interested, before he found the same items in another trade and backed out. Van thought he had agreed to the deal, and didn't have a problem waiting.

 

I believe Kaleo did tell Van it was taking too long and he wasn't interested. Fact of the matter is that Van had the opportunity to close the deal and he missed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's not good to trade something you dont' have & hope to get it somewhere else....

Always have the item in front of you before you offer it :)

That's my 2 cents :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
×
×
  • Create New...
Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE