Found On An Asian Auction Site - New Sigmas!

CyberSteak

did anyone notice that the IG AND GUNG HO HAVE ARTICUALTION IN THE HANDS!?!?! they can open and close their hands!!!!

NASTY!!!!

I mean obviously not all the paint apps have been done, but all their legs are WRONG!

Too long!!!

And it looks like the articulation in the arms has been limited, especially on Inferno.

Oh Lockdown... you suck!!

Iron Grenadier obviously has a lot more to him and could be very cool!

Is it me - or do they look like COPS figures?!!

They're supposed to be military!

GungHo/ Footloose and Zartan are cool though!

COPS!!!! that is what i had thought when i saw these too... i really do like the cc with chariot though. i wish they'd have just made sepentor instead.

i like the new bat/bike and IG and cant wait to see the others. pretty sure the repaints arent gonna knock my socks off though

There are quite a few paint apps missing, and one of Inferno's arms is backwards, hiding his elbow articulation. I am intrested in the final versions. I don't think that they are that bad, )but then again, i know nothing about GIJoe, am a N00B, and easily pleased. Now that's out of the way....) and I am sure that there are changes that might have been made. I get an Adventure Team feel from Inferno, and the new CC is interesting. I love the boatload of gear for Snake Eyes and Zartan. Zartan's knives are awesome, and fits his character as a dangerous, stealthy assasin, at least IMHO.

Yeah, something folks have to realize is that these are all early pre-production test shots. This is exactly why Hasbro works so hard to show pics themselves when product is ready. Early misconceptions can really doom how things stand when released. You can see lots of construction issues and missing paint apps, so it's obvious these are NOT production items.

Personally, there seems to be a "softer" sculpting style with these figures, but overall I'm happy with many of them still. I think Gung Ho will look a LOT better with all of his gear, and I still love Lockdown. Heavy Duty, COBRA Commander, Dojo Snake Eyes, and Toxic Zartan are pretty hit or miss, I must admit. They don't do much for me at all.

But I think going towards the future, we're in for some great surprises.

Justin

I know they are early proto's, but like you said GH they seem softer or something. Another thing I am not liking is the sharing of unique parts! It was ok when they all had the Sigma suit but now its way to obvious and looking to be overdone already.

Draven

Several of these guys are in the current issue of Toyfair. Pages 86 & 87.Also some that aren't pictured in this post. Like the Samurai SS(yeah, ok) Spy strike SE, Frontal assult Duke, a new Hi-Tech and Tacical OPS Long Range.Also a Tactical OPS Heavy Duty.

I don't really get into S6 so maybe I am wrong in saying this but IMHO most of the figures look very blocky. Almost like weird oversize legos or something. Don't get me wrong most of them just don't make sense. @grumpy@ @grumpy@

I know they are early proto's, but like you said GH they seem softer or something. Another thing I am not liking is the sharing of unique parts! It was ok when they all had the Sigma suit but now its way to obvious and looking to be overdone already.

Draven

Can't argue with you there, man...there definitely seems to be a minor stylistic change with these new ones (just a minor one) in the sculpting...and yeah, some of those parts (like Lockdown/Inferno's legs) look pretty obvious when they're re-used...

We'll see...I'm still really optimistic about what's to come this year, though, hopefully there are still some surprises left for Toy Fair.

Justin

Draven

Can't argue with you there, man...there definitely seems to be a minor stylistic change with these new ones (just a minor one) in the sculpting...and yeah, some of those parts (like Lockdown/Inferno's legs) look pretty obvious when they're re-used...

We'll see...I'm still really optimistic about what's to come this year, though, hopefully there are still some surprises left for Toy Fair.

Justin

Yeah I am still optimistic! But they better not funk up Flint!

Draven

I'm not a sigma fan so you can ignore what i'm going to say if you want. They clearly look more blocky and kiddified than ever before.

The new urban guy suffers from sever jvc flint syndrome.

INferno is another example of a wasted chance at a good name Bbq!

of course we have the classics line so who cares about these? @firedevil@ @loll@