Club Copperhead

Alyosha

Well, I guess I'm the odd one out. I just don't like it. Nothing against MC, because I do like a great deal of their things, just not this one.

I think it looks pretty boss!! I mean the color scheme is dead on, as is his costume! I mean the original figure doesn't wear a tank top, nor is he a Dreadnok. If I were still a RAH style collector, this would added to my collection ASAP. Usually their crappy repaints/kit bashed figures suck, this one rocks!!

Here are some mock-ups that I'd thrown together about a year ago, just to eyeball the parts that I thought might make for a decent, updated Copperhead. I really like the ribbing on the inner thigh of the VvV Viper legs.

gallery_80_35_20150.jpggallery_80_35_7386.jpg

gallery_80_35_12489.jpggallery_80_35_9625.jpg

I dig the color scheme on the MC version. The Overkill parts aren't even too bad but, the Airborne legs? Oy vey! :rolleyes:

Not bad. It's recognizeable as Copperhead by the colors and helmet, but its not Copperhead to me. If the arms would have been sleeveless it would have been closer. The black body armor is also off to me. Overall, not enough to get me to join.

My other question is why is MC doing a personality for the figure. How many people will buy multiple Copperheads? Wouldn't it have been smarter, fiscally speaking, to do an army builder?

My other question is why is MC doing a personality for the figure. How many people will buy multiple Copperheads? Wouldn't it have been smarter, fiscally speaking, to do an army builder?

depends on how many people buy multiples of $25 army builders. also, with oversea sellers selling figure lots of MC exclusives for the price of one figure, I am sure buyers who do buy multiple do so from ebay.

I think selling a character that fans have been clamoring for is a smart move. just my opinion, but I think there are more fans into characters than there are into army building, nevertheless army building $25 troops.

Not bad. It's recognizeable as Copperhead by the colors and helmet, but its not Copperhead to me. If the arms would have been sleeveless it would have been closer. The black body armor is also off to me. Overall, not enough to get me to join.

I think if MC replaced all of the Blue/Teal with Black so that the colors were solely black and green this figure would look much more appealing. The Blue just screams 80's to me. Maybe he is sporting a Flock of Seagulls haircut underneath that helmet.

I also think this figure could easily be done as a two-pack with a few minor changes to Major Barrage (and the Crossfire hat) you'd have a Copperhead/Phoenix Guard CH (Was it Hightide?) pack.

Now THAT would get me to re-up for $36