Anyone have any Roadbots yet?

TheCasualOblivion

I'm trying to decide whether or not to buy the entire line right now. BBTS has vouched for the quality, and I saw two of these up close and personal at Botcon. These two things have made me 90% sure I want all of these, but this is a large investment. The only thing I'm curious about is how are they quality wise holding them in your hand. I was wondering if anyone had these yet, and what the quality is in your hands.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I am interested in the same thing. Sounds like they would go well with Alternators. Someone over on TFans did an incredible custom of the Land Rover as Grimlock -- I would be tempted to do that myself.

Overall it sounds like they are not quite the quality of Alts and have less poseability -- but that they are still pretty decent. Plus you get a 1:18 scale car/figure for about the same cost as a 1:24 Alt.

The 1:12 scale ones sound amazing - they are just huge. But of course, more expensive.

Yes, I do. Just got them last week from Ages Three and UP. May I take a second to suggest that anyone considering buying these Roadbots to go there first. They are MUCH cheaper than BBTS. THANKS SPENCER!!!

Overall they are far and away better than any KO figure but of course not perfect. There are some rather thin areas that could be prone to breakage over time, and some loose joints, but for the price no big deal, I have no complaints.

There are really only a couple of minor flaws. One is that the mirrors on my blue Celica were already cracked in the package and just fell right off when I took him out. No biggie to me cuz mirrors are a pain to try NOT breaking. Second is the lack of any kind of swiveling joints in the arms and legs (except for the 1:12 scale), otherwise everything else is all good.

Another thing is the kibble. Some people won't like taking bits off and putting them somewhere else in bot mode, but I don't mind that.

Their vehicle modes is where they all shine. All the parts peg nicely and securely in place and extra parts store in or on the car somewhere. I swear if you didn't know any better you wouldn't think these transform to look at them.

Here is a rundown with some tidbits on each of them that I got...

First, the BIG Ford GT. HE'S HUGE! He can fight your Unicron or Starsceam. He's got some bigass weapons and actually kinda cool sounds. He looks pretty much like Alt. Mirage and once I find him a shelf spot should look really great. I got him for $20 as opposed to BBTS preorder price of $40 (but they've dropped them to $34.99) DEFINITELY worth the price! He DOES have swivels in his legs and arms which greatly help. However his elbows are a bit funky, they don't straighten out...it's hard to explain but it's really a fairly minor beef.

Next are the 1:18 scale ($14.99 at A3U). These too are quite a bit bigger than Alts. I got the Hummer, the blue Celica, and Lancer Evolution. The Hummer is ok, a bit out of proportion but still kinda neat.

The Celica kinda transforms like Alt. Tracks with a couple of differences. His torso is a bit flat and he's just got a "thin" feel to him in bot mode, but he's ok. The head looks a lot like a gundam head. He's got a bigass sword with sounds and forearm cannons and pinchers. Car mode is SWEET! Worth having just for that alone.

The Lancer is the one I like best so far of this scale. He has kind of an Alt. Prowl look to him but more beefy. He's solid, sturdy, and well proportioned. Again, looks great in vehicle mode.

Then just for kicks I got the 1:32 Ford GT ($6.99 at A3U) . This ones about the size of a deluxe. If they would have given these scale figures some bendable knees they would have been AMAZING. As it is, the lack of leg articulation hurts. But it's a nicely detailed little figure.

I shall be placing another order for the figures I didn't get. People picky about every detail probably won't like these, but those of us who aren't as picky and have more fun with their collections should really like them.

If anyone wants to ask any questions about them, just ask away and I'll answer them the best that I can.

Well I was talking about them on here a few weeks ago and someone mentioned getting them at Ages Three and Up. I had them on pre-order at BBTS but decided to check them out at A3U and what I saw made me go :o

So I immediately cancelled my order at BBTS (just in time I might add) and put in a bigger order at A3U. Believe me, I'll be making another soon!

I must have either gotten the last or one of the last 1:12 GTs because when I went back on the site a few days later it was no longer listed. Unless there was a mistake in the price listed and I was just lucky enough to get the order in before they could take it down.

On the box they show one in the same white w/blue striped paint as Wheeljack so I assume that we'll eventually see it in that color. At least we could always hope cuz it looked GREAT.

One thing I want to add about the more recent Roadbot figures, they have really neat looking heads/faces and quite well made where as the first ones look to be a bit on the cheezy side. The GT is especially good.

I want all the 1:32 scale bots, they look really good!

Like I said they are nice looking, but be prepared for the lack of knees. You can't help but think, "damn these are kinda nice....IF ONLY THEY HAD KNEES!!!"

meh.. I love g1 and none of them had knee's. A Transformer doesn't have to be posable to be a good figure, it just has to have a nice design to it :)

So I finally got my Lambo from Agesthreeandup.com (thanks for the sale, too!) and I have to say it's really nice. Big, solid, great great car mode - more solid and substantial than most of the Alternators, everything lines up very nice and pegs down, has a sound box with a very nicely hidden button just between the windshield and hood. Sound box does a short car-alarm sound and LEDs behind the headlights blink. Doors open like the real thing, engine cover (louvered) opens with a little difficulty to reveal an engine detail. Not much kibble apparent in car mode, even from the underside. Big, but not too big. I was kind of hoping he'd be able to fit some of the 3 3/4 inch Joe figures, but it looks like there wouldn't be legroom. Maybe Microman or a 2.5" Joe figure. Nice interior with two-color bucket seats, steering wheel, radio, gearshift, etc. Nice chromed wheels, rubbery plastic tires. No front steering. Clear plastic headlights and taillights. Lots of real Lambo brand signs. Color is a mean acidy green.

Transformation is not bad at all. You pop off the rear bottom part of the car, fold out a nice clear gun barrel, pop off both running boards, slip out the sound box and fold out a handle from it to make a large gun with a completely different blaster sound. The rear top of the car pops off and becomes a little shield or something, kinda lame but forgivable.

The main body is pretty good - back becomes legs, big fold-out feet, knees high up but there. The back wheels face out, not great but at least poseable. Upper thigh swivels, hip joints. The hood folds over to form the chest - there's a panel that's supposed to lock it in, but holds it a little away from the rest of the body showing off a nasty gap - you can leave the panel folded down, and just fold the hood all the way over so that there's no gap. Joints are tight enough to where it stays that way. Head folds around from the dashboard center console, so that little bulge you see by the head is the driver's instrument panel. Roof forms a back panel, folds down a little though you can leave it up too. The doors form nice shoulder pads, have ball joints so you can put them in different ways. The arms are actually good, there's rotating shoulders for a couple of different positions - it took me a couple of times before I figured out that you can make his arms look higher up by playing with 'em, there's enough play in the arm joints for good posing, upper arm swivels, wrist rotation. He can hold his big gun well enough. Head is cool - kind of a samurai look going on, rotates and can go up a little on a panel.

Overall, I have to say he is really very nice - if this was an Alternator release, fans would be going nuts for him. Great car mode, solid, detailed. Robot mode just a little wonky in the proportions but really works when you get him all together, stands nicely, and just looks and feels good.

I may get a few more of these - that Hummer's looking nice. Of course, my wife took one look at the bigger box the Lambo came in and told me "no more of those till you make more room..."

Tim

"toy geek"

So I finally got my Lambo from Agesthreeandup.com (thanks for the sale, too!) and I have to say it's really nice. Big, solid, great great car mode - more solid and substantial than most of the Alternators, everything lines up very nice and pegs down, has a sound box with a very nicely hidden button just between the windshield and hood. Sound box does a short car-alarm sound and LEDs behind the headlights blink. Doors open like the real thing, engine cover (louvered) opens with a little difficulty to reveal an engine detail. Not much kibble apparent in car mode, even from the underside. Big, but not too big. I was kind of hoping he'd be able to fit some of the 3 3/4 inch Joe figures, but it looks like there wouldn't be legroom. Maybe Microman or a 2.5" Joe figure. Nice interior with two-color bucket seats, steering wheel, radio, gearshift, etc. Nice chromed wheels, rubbery plastic tires. No front steering. Clear plastic headlights and taillights. Lots of real Lambo brand signs. Color is a mean acidy green.

Transformation is not bad at all. You pop off the rear bottom part of the car, fold out a nice clear gun barrel, pop off both running boards, slip out the sound box and fold out a handle from it to make a large gun with a completely different blaster sound. The rear top of the car pops off and becomes a little shield or something, kinda lame but forgivable.

The main body is pretty good - back becomes legs, big fold-out feet, knees high up but there. The back wheels face out, not great but at least poseable. Upper thigh swivels, hip joints. The hood folds over to form the chest - there's a panel that's supposed to lock it in, but holds it a little away from the rest of the body showing off a nasty gap - you can leave the panel folded down, and just fold the hood all the way over so that there's no gap. Joints are tight enough to where it stays that way. Head folds around from the dashboard center console, so that little bulge you see by the head is the driver's instrument panel. Roof forms a back panel, folds down a little though you can leave it up too. The doors form nice shoulder pads, have ball joints so you can put them in different ways. The arms are actually good, there's rotating shoulders for a couple of different positions - it took me a couple of times before I figured out that you can make his arms look higher up by playing with 'em, there's enough play in the arm joints for good posing, upper arm swivels, wrist rotation. He can hold his big gun well enough. Head is cool - kind of a samurai look going on, rotates and can go up a little on a panel.

Overall, I have to say he is really very nice - if this was an Alternator release, fans would be going nuts for him. Great car mode, solid, detailed. Robot mode just a little wonky in the proportions but really works when you get him all together, stands nicely, and just looks and feels good.

I may get a few more of these - that Hummer's looking nice. Of course, my wife took one look at the bigger box the Lambo came in and told me "no more of those till you make more room..."

Tim

"toy geek"

The Hummer is pretty decent, although I only took it out for a moment and put it right back in the box for the time being. Good posablility though. I'll have to take that one out again when I have time. Better yet, try to find a place to display these suckers...kinda tough when my shelves are already overfilled and these things are so big.

I better get to my renovation project soon!

• 9 months later...

Reviving a dead thread here, but I am on vacation in Panama and ran into the motherload of Roadbots in a couple of stores here. So far I have picked up the H2, Landcruiser, MR2, and just tonight the Corvette C6R, all 1:18 scale. The thing is, as I'm buying these, I'm getting online to read some reviews before opening them up or read to kind of get an idea of which one I want next based on those reviews. But after finding the Corvette, I got online tonight to check out other people's opinions on it, and I can't find anything. I can't even find this one listed on any webstore that sells Roadbots. Has anyone else seen this one around or ordered it? I picked the Corvette over the Murcielago and Lancer because I like the huge claw weapon it comes with. Here are some pics just in case nobody has seen it yet. I'll get some better pics tomorrow in natural day light.

Vette1.jpg

Vette.jpg

Well that's easy, cuz probably nobody even knew there was a corvette out.

This is the first I've seen or heard of it. Looks pretty cool though.

It doesn't seem like the online stores that carried these before are too anxious to go out and get more. I'm guessing they just didn't sell that well.

Would have been nice to see these pop up in some stores though. Oh well.

I found several of these at the local Fred's (which is a regional chain for those who don't know). They had the Ford GT and the Montero (Pajero) in the smaller size and the Hummer and something else in the large size. Quite a bit cheaper than ANY online retailers too.

Starman

I'm looking for the 1:18 Ford GT while I'm here. No luck yet, but before I leave I'd like to snag that Lancer and maybe the Murcielago. I have better pics of the Corvette coming in a little bit.

Corvette1.jpg

Corvette2.jpg

Corvette3.jpg

Corvette4

Corvette5.jpg

Corvette6.jpg

His claw weapon separates from the handle/sound box and double folds into the front end while the handle/sound box goes in the rear. The pistol is built from the left and right runner pieces and the actual pistol part itself. The pistol part stores under the hood in car mode. He's got pretty good transformation, and solid joints.