DCD 13" Captain Marvel / Shazam

Jase

Haha. I was kinda browsing the DC forum looking for "in hand pics" ...look forward to some shots.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jase Posted Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Well so far most of what I've heard has been positive! Hurry up and post some thoughts and pics Shaun!

Jase, correct me if I'm wrong, but did you just....

SPEAK MY NAME!?

:)

391182305_e77da8e446.jpg

391180190_bb9c43f24f.jpg

391180857_13b8c17d38.jpg

More pix here

ah if only we got our comic shipments earlier instead of Thurs, I'd have the photos up much faster. Would've used comic supes in the showdown shots, but one's in CK disguise and the other's in his box, a bit lazy to change / free him.

My Green Lantern shall arrive today(Friday) Sweet VICTORY!! :D

Though I still need to pick up Wally, and Shazzy.....LOL

Hate to tell you, but its not Wally, its Barry

I got my Captain Marvel figure today. W@W! These figures continue to impress! Of all of the action figures I have, these are by far the best. They are like Bowen statutes with clothes!

My Green Lantern shall arrive today(Friday) Sweet VICTORY!! :D

Though I still need to pick up Wally, and Shazzy.....LOL

Hate to tell you, but its not Wally, its Barry

Wally, Barry----tomAto, tomato...... @smilepunch@

Shows you how much I pay to the flash family..... @hmmm@ @loll@

Tomorrow should be the day that my CM arrives! Stupid holidays!

Heh, I know the feeling, mine is coming on Tuesday also.

I was gonna buy it last Wednesday at my LCS, but the $70 price tag turned me off, it was really tough for me not to buy it, but got a better deal on Ebay.

I remember I saw the box, opened the flap and this very loud WHOA!! came outta me, everyone thought I was crazy.

If an action figure makes you do that, it means it's good, really good.

Tomorrow should be the day that my CM arrives! Stupid holidays!

Heh, I know the feeling, mine is coming on Tuesday also.

I was gonna buy it last Wednesday at my LCS, but the $70 price tag turned me off, it was really tough for me not to buy it, but got a better deal on Ebay.

Is that what Atomic charges or do you go to one of the other shops in Phoenix? I used to shop at the Atomic Comics on Country Club & Southern or the one at Chandler FS Mall. Some times I'd hit up one of the smaller shops for my DCD needs since Atomic charges so dang much.

Now I'm stuck in a small city that doesn't have a single comic shop. :( Can't wait to get back down to Phoenix someday - I miss that place!

Well I just picked up Captain Marvel from the Post Office. I have to say that he really gave Green Lantern a run for his money as best figure in the line. Sooooo close.....but not quite good enough. Now don't get me wrong, the Captain Marvel figure is awesome, but Hal has set the standard pretty high.

I'm really happy that DCD changed the head sculpt from the original solicit. They did an excellent job on the sculpt and paint on the head! The costume is great! I like the darker shade they used on the boots vs. the solicits. It's more of a dijon mustard color versus the bright yellow. I'm not sure if gold boots would've looked good.

The cape is really nice but like Shaun mentioned, it's heavy and it chokes poor Cap. I'm going to add a tiny little dot of velcro under his cape and attach it to his back so that it doesn't choke him. I've heard several reports of people snagging the cape material when removing him from the box, so use caution. I had no problem removing him.

My only real complaint is in the chest bolt symbol. Mine has some red mixed in it, as if the gold paint application wasn't quite thick enough. It's not a huge deal, but it was enough to keep him from taking Hal's crown, or at least making it a tie.

Captain Marvel ranks right below Hal though.....tied in second place with Batman. I'm certainly more happy with Cap than I was with the Flash I received two weeks ago. If you're considering getting into this line, do it NOW. Don't get too far behind on these.

Is that what Atomic charges or do you go to one of the other shops in Phoenix? I used to shop at the Atomic Comics on Country Club & Southern or the one at Chandler FS Mall. Some times I'd hit up one of the smaller shops for my DCD needs since Atomic charges so dang much.

You know, for some reason Atomic doesn't carry this line. I go to the Atomic on Metrocenter.

But I'm sure if they did, they would charge at least $75 for the Shazam figure, they charge $18 for the normal DC Direct figures, they hike the prices up on everything toy related.

I go to one of the smaller comic shops, everything there is more affordable.

Congrats on getting your Capt. Marvel!!

You know, for some reason Atomic doesn't carry this line. I go to the Atomic on Metrocenter.

But I'm sure if they did, they would charge at least $75 for the Shazam figure, they charge $18 for the normal DC Direct figures, they hike the prices up on everything toy related.

I go to one of the smaller comic shops, everything there is more affordable.

Congrats on getting your Capt. Marvel!!

Thanks man!

Yeah Atomic is too high on DCD items. I found a small shop in Mesa that would sell the 6" figures to me for around $11-$12 each (compared to $18 each at Atomic). When you multiply that savings by 5 figures in a series, it really adds up. I'm surprised Atomic doesn't carry the 13" line.

Jase have you been to the comic shop in Colo. Springs called *I Think* Toyforce or something like that?? It is located on Murray Blvd. I always run across their auctions on Ebay and they mention that they have a comic shop up in the Springs, just wondering if you knew about that, or have actually been there, because I haven't yet, but am curious about the place.....

Jase have you been to the comic shop in Colo. Springs called *I Think* Toyforce or something like that?? It is located on Murray Blvd. I always run across their auctions on Ebay and they mention that they have a comic shop up in the Springs, just wondering if you knew about that, or have actually been there, because I haven't yet, but am curious about the place.....

No I haven't been there. I've only been to Colorado Springs twice...both on business. If by chance you do check them out, LMK what they are like. I was really disappointed in the two "comic" shops in Pueblo.

• 3 weeks later...