DCD 13" Captain Marvel / Shazam

Jase

The shop only got one in.....was I lucky or what?

Ok, we all hate you for getting GL for $50. @smilepunch@ Aside from that, where is everyone purchasing theirs from. My two LCS's have only ordered 1 of each figure. When its gone, its gone. At one LCS the owner said he might order 2 of Catwoman since she might be in higher demand (being first female??) but with everything else its simply one and done. So far I've had to go this route:

Superman - Local toy show...$100

Batman - Ebay...$49 shipped

Lex Luthor - LCS #1 $55 (had it behind counter saving for someone else, but let me purchase it anyways since I had money in hand)

Aquaman - LCS #2 $50

Flash - Ebay $50 shipped

I think I'll stick with Ebay, at least for now. $50 total is tough to beat, and I've even seen some sneak under that mark. The 2 LCS purchases were both flukes. They normally sell 'em for $59.99 or $69.99, depending on the character, I just happened to go during a sale.

Ugh...$50 for GL... #Granade#

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I had all intentions of just picking up GL when he came out, but for some strange reason, I never did, I always looked on Ebay for him when he was released, but never bought him.....(BOY am I kicking myself now for not doing so.....) But yah I was slightly cringing when clicking the BIN button, but I am sure it will be worth it :D and on that same note, I will be PISSED if for some strange reason(since my luck SO great, *end sarcasm*) one will pop up on Ebay in a few days for less.....haha!!

The shop only got one in.....was I lucky or what?

Ok, we all hate you for getting GL for $50. @smilepunch@ Aside from that, where is everyone purchasing theirs from. My two LCS's have only ordered 1 of each figure. When its gone, its gone. At one LCS the owner said he might order 2 of Catwoman since she might be in higher demand (being first female??) but with everything else its simply one and done. So far I've had to go this route:

Superman - Local toy show...$100

Batman - Ebay...$49 shipped

Lex Luthor - LCS #1 $55 (had it behind counter saving for someone else, but let me purchase it anyways since I had money in hand)

Aquaman - LCS #2 $50

Flash - Ebay $50 shipped

I think I'll stick with Ebay, at least for now. $50 total is tough to beat, and I've even seen some sneak under that mark. The 2 LCS purchases were both flukes. They normally sell 'em for $59.99 or $69.99, depending on the character, I just happened to go during a sale.

If I recall correctly:

Batman Begins - eBay $60

Superman V1 - LCS Arizona $80

Green Lantern - LCS Texas $50 @lol@

Lex Luthor - Alter Ego $50

Superman Returns - B&N $50

Batman - Alter Ego $55

Two-Face - Alter Ego $50

Aquaman - Alter Ego $50

Flash - Alter Ego $50

Ugh...$50 for GL... #Granade#

@loll@ @loll@ @loll@ @loll@

Batman

Superman

Green Lantern

Aquaman

I got all mine when I was working @ my comic shop...employee discount!

:D

Is Two-Face worth getting? Im still on the fence with him.

On the first post, is that a final pic of what Cap. Marvel is going to look like?

It seems they ditched the happy face sculpt I saw before for a more serious one. If that's the case, this figure is a must-have for me.

On the first post, is that a final pic of what Cap. Marvel is going to look like?

It seems they ditched the happy face sculpt I saw before for a more serious one. If that's the case, this figure is a must-have for me.

Yes, I believe it is the final head sculpt. I've seen a pic from UK Toy Fair and from what I can tell they did go with the improved, second head sculpt. I hated that first sculpt!

Yes, I believe it is the final head sculpt. I've seen a pic from UK Toy Fair and from what I can tell they did go with the improved, second head sculpt. I hated that first sculpt!

Definitely good news then. That first photo we saw with that stupid grin was horrible. Still probably would have bought it anyways, but this more serious head sculpt I love! Now we just need more news from ToyFare to start popping up about later releases!!!

It is a full month, that' for sure. Sounds like you buy a lot of DC stuff Muppethost! Are you planning on continuing with the Tonner line? I love both the WW and Supergirl so I'm going to buy them all! :D

Hello Jase,

Sorry, it's taken me so long to respond...YES, I will be continuing to buy all the Tonner DC line for the time being.

To respond to the other questions about how much we pay for our figures/dolls...Like Nightwing1, I also get an employee discount. I worked at a comic shop for about two months almost 11 years ago...I was a faithful customer before I started working there, and I remain a faithful customer all these years later and the owner STILL gives me the employee discount of half-off or cost. What a great guy and what I great deal I get. Believe me, if I didn't get that discount, I'm not sure I'd buy as many toys as I do now.

Which do you prefer? The Tonner of the Dc 13 inch line?

For me, they don't compare. I love both lines and they are different enough that they are equal to me. Apples and Oranges. :)

The Tonner ones look more like a doll... and you can change their outfits........

For me, they don't compare. I love both lines and they are different enough that they are equal to me. Apples and Oranges. :)

The Tonner ones look more like a doll... and you can change their outfits........

Well I don't like to play dress-up with them. I just want to display them in their superhero attire. And yes, the Tonner versions look more like a "doll", even though they are all technically dolls.

Well I don't like to play dress-up with them. I just want to display them in their superhero attire. And yes, the Tonner versions look more like a "doll", even though they are all technically dolls.

nuh-uh.......they are 'Action Figures'! haha :P

nuh-uh.......they are 'Action Figures'! haha :P

Tell that to the dictionary! Either way, I could care less what they are called. I enjoy them and that's good enough for me.

Someone told me that teh shazam figure looks like a child molestor! with that grin........ so does he?

The first post in this thread shows the revised Captain Marvel. Pics from Toy Fair confirm this to be the final sculpt.

So the "Fred Gavin" Shazam did come out today and I got mine reserved! I emailed my comic shop & they put 1 aside for me. Picking it up on Friday!

w00t @yipee@ @afroman@