DCD 13" Captain Marvel / Shazam

Jase

DC Direct has changed the shipping date for their 13" Captain Marvel from 2/21/07 to 2/14/07! That makes two 13" figures within two weeks! I love most of the figures in this line but this one just might top them all. We'll see.

13CaptainMarvel.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the fact that for once they're actually producing a great line at a great rate. We don't have to wait 3-6 months between each new addition. But yeah, 3 figs in about a month, thats really fast.

It will be slowing down after Superman V2. The next release will be just a week shy of 3 months later (Martian Manhunter 5/30). And that's fine with me as I don't like having 3 released in 5 weeks time. Just too much! I'd really like to have one released every 6 weeks.

For such a short month, February is turning out to be a banner month for DC Direct...Flash, Alex Ross Justice figs, Shazam, and Mini-mates. wow. I'll buy them all!

It is a full month, that' for sure. Sounds like you buy a lot of DC stuff Muppethost! Are you planning on continuing with the Tonner line? I love both the WW and Supergirl so I'm going to buy them all! :D

ThundaStorm

Well.....I did it.......I broke down and bought the GL 13" figure form Ebay with a BIN of $125.....I was desperate.....

Great for you ThundaStorm! Glad u managed to snag this brilliant figure. Exactly one more week to Shazam for me, hopefully by this time next week, I'll be able to get some photos out. Oh I finally managed to clear a shelf specifically devoted to DCD 13" figs.

04-1.jpg

wOOt! Congrats ThundaStorm!! You're going to love GL!!

Nice pic Shaun! Where's your Two-Face and Batman Begins from DCD? You MUST buy them ALL. @lol@

I won't have my Captain Marvel until a week from Monday. Can't wait!

Errr, didn't pick up two face cos I really didn't fancy him, Jase. @smilepunch@

Also skipped DCD's Batman Begins and went for Takara's to keep it in scale with my Hot Toys Supes.

01-1.jpg

ACK!! Get out there and fancy Two-Face. NOW! @lol@ I have all of the DCD 13" figures and I still want to add the following (different display, of course):

Hot Toys Superman Returns

Hot Toys Batman Begins

Takara Batman Begins

Takara Catwoman

Medicom Superman Returns

Medicom Batman Begins

*whew*

Care to make a donation? :P

Out of curiousity, is the Batman Begins one good? I think he looks good in all the pictures on sites and stuff, and was wondering if he is a great figure?

I really like him. Some people didn't care for him but for the price, he's great. Especially when you consider that he was DCD's first figure offering in the 13" lineup. Originally he was like $89 but I've seen him for around $55 lately.

ACK!! Get out there and fancy Two-Face. NOW! icon_lol.gif I have all of the DCD 13" figures and I still want to add the following (different display, of course):
Looking forward to see your set up when its ready! Errm, Two Face is on hold till he goes for cheap.

Hot Toys Batman Begins

Takara Batman Begins

Takara Catwoman

Medicom Superman Returns

Medicom Batman Begins

*whew*

Care to make a donation?

Not looking :P Dude, that's gonna cost easily your DCD 13" collection AND tonner dolls!

Is HT Batman and Medicom Batman crazily priced over there? Never dared to look at them closely for fear of temptation.

ACK!! Get out there and fancy Two-Face. NOW! icon_lol.gif I have all of the DCD 13" figures and I still want to add the following (different display, of course):
Looking forward to see your set up when its ready! Errm, Two Face is on hold till he goes for cheap.

Hot Toys Batman Begins

Takara Batman Begins

Takara Catwoman

Medicom Superman Returns

Medicom Batman Begins

*whew*

Care to make a donation?

Not looking :P Dude, that's gonna cost easily your DCD 13" collection AND tonner dolls!

Is HT Batman and Medicom Batman crazily priced over there? Never dared to look at them closely for fear of temptation.

All of those figures that I listed are crazy prices over here. eBay is about the only source and they run from $100 to over $200 each. Yikes.

Those prices are brutal. One thing I dislike about collecting 1/6 scale figures is that if you miss them the first time round, their prices, more often than not, escalate like crazy.

Recent Case in Point for Me.

362561886_02b9510f1c.jpg

Had a mad/painful/bankbusting time back collecting Medicom Spideys and I don't want to go that route again.

Those prices are brutal. One thing I dislike about collecting 1/6 scale figures is that if you miss them the first time round, their prices, more often than not, escalate like crazy.

Recent Case in Point for Me.

362561886_02b9510f1c.jpg

Had a mad/painful/bankbusting time back collecting Medicom Spideys and I don't want to go that route again.

True dat man! I had the opportunities to order the figures but I just hadn't planned on collecting 1:6 scale exclusively. Now that I am, it's too late. I'm just going to have to buy them one at a time and pick up my favorites first. That's why I want the HT Superman Returns first.

As far as DCD 13" figures, I bought all of them as they were released starting with the first Superman. I had to go back and buy the Batman Begins figure. Fortunately, I only had to pay $50 for Green Lantern, the day he was released. While I was paying for it, the comic shop received three phone calls from people wanting GL. The shop only got one in.....was I lucky or what?

As far as DCD 13" figures, I bought all of them as they were released starting with the first Superman. I had to go back and buy the Batman Begins figure. Fortunately, I only had to pay $50 for Green Lantern, the day he was released. While I was paying for it, the comic shop received three phone calls from people wanting GL. The shop only got one in.....was I lucky or what?

Lucky you! Wow, no wonder they went so fast. I didn't even get to see them at my LCS when they came in. But that was when I wasn't really keen on assembling the JL in this scale.

Lucky you! Wow, no wonder they went so fast. I didn't even get to see them at my LCS when they came in. But that was when I wasn't really keen on assembling the JL in this scale.

I can't even look at 6" figures and get excited anymore. 1:6 is the only way to go....especially if they have cloth outfits! I recently decided to get rid of my ML ICONS in hopes that one day somebody like Sideshow will make 1:6 Marvel. I don't really like the Medicom Marvel figures. The ICONS sale will help fund the HT Supes quest!