what do you think about this idea

preacher

Now i know i'm new here and i was wondering what you all think abot this idea.a friend and i were talking about the new 25 joes that are going to be released and as most of you have voted he really wanted snake-eyes version2.now here's where i get a little old school.

we all know that a case has 12 and there are 25 new joe's to be released.i think they might do what jakks did and have the fans buy everyone of them send in the flag points for and exclusive 25th figure that is(drum roll please)...........the version 2 snake-eyes w/timber.

I mean besides the fact that gi joe collectors are going to be rabid anyway for the new joes we die hard collectors will buy them all just to see v2 in a "marvel legends style"genre.

now this is just my opinion,but i seriously think it could happen.what do you member's think?

I can see that happening, there was rumor a year or two years ago of a new mail away offer. I guess we will have to wait and see. I would rather have someone other then Snake-eyes v2 since we are already getting verson one this year.

it's just and idea,but with the fact that jakks is making a killing off of thier promotion and i always sent in for the gi joe promotion's when i was a kid i can really see this happening.

Sure, it could work...just someone else. Or, given the price these are likely to be at, more than one "someone else."

Who do I think would work? Tomax and Xamot.

Well, seeing how Sanke Eyes and Timber are rumored to come out.. I'd say someone else... Like a 25th Annv styled Steel Brigade trooper!!!

That rumor is likely true unless Hasbro is mailing out false intel to its retailers.

Well, seeing how Sanke Eyes and Timber are rumored to come out.. I'd say someone else... Like a 25th Annv styled Steel Brigade trooper!!!

That rumor is likely true unless Hasbro is mailing out false intel to its retailers.

Do we have any proof of that yet?

-Kevin

nope, not yet.

actually it was just and idea of what they might do.MY IDEA HASBRO,IF YOU USE IT I WANT SOME RECOGNITION.

and thank too you guys,unlike other boards i did'nt here "oh that is so eff'n stupid"and the name calling was really uncalled for.

i like this forum....i think i'll stay.

If they do a mail away it has to be Cobra Commander with the mask. Im pretty sure that was the first mail away back in the day. I think Blood came later.

I agree with Card, I could definately see the hooded Commander as the mail-away figure, but would prefer a different character. Starduster would be cool TM!

Now i know i'm new here and i was wondering what you all think abot this idea.a friend and i were talking about the new 25 joes that are going to be released and as most of you have voted he really wanted snake-eyes version2.now here's where i get a little old school.

we all know that a case has 12 and there are 25 new joe's to be released.i think they might do what jakks did and have the fans buy everyone of them send in the flag points for and exclusive 25th figure that is(drum roll please)...........the version 2 snake-eyes w/timber.

I mean besides the fact that gi joe collectors are going to be rabid anyway for the new joes we die hard collectors will buy them all just to see v2 in a "marvel legends style"genre.

now this is just my opinion,but i seriously think it could happen.what do you member's think?

the problem with your scenario is that a case doesn't have to have 12, it could contain as many pieces as desired. for example, a case of 6 packs only contain 6 pieces, not 12. secondly, 25 total figures doesn't correlate to how many sets per case are released because we don't know if all 25 are being released at once, so how that relates to case ratios is unkown, but it doesn't correlate to being 1 figure short of the 25 per case neccessetating the need for the 25th figure being a mail order. the only way your scenario is plausible is if they are released in two packs, with 12 sets per case of them equaling 24 figures, but the liklihood of one case only containing one of each figure is unlikely considering hasbro's past pratice of two packs being released two of each set per case. more than likely, all 25 are not going to be released at once and instead will be staggered through several different cases and releases, eliminating the need of your scenario for one figure to have to be mailed away for.

I hope we get a mail order figure, and if it Snake Eyes v2 that is fine, but you haven't presented a scenario in which 1 of the 25 first figures is going to be a mail away or that a mail away is a logical deduction because of the amount of figures per case.

that was a very well thought out and intelligent answer.i had not thought of the way hasbro "staggers" lines,but you sir are correct when you posted.still in this line i would love 12 different individual figures per case and a mail-in for the 25th.

well their battle points went over well last time.... i mean what did we get an "Unmasked" stormshadow and a cg agent faces? thats it right? i got like 6 of the agent faces just because he looked like a cg(2 to my house, two to my grandma's and 2 to my sister's house) i don't know about the rest of you guys but i still have like 3000 battle points saved up from 2002-now. if they do make a mail away offer we better be able to use our old ones becuase i wrecked a lot of packages cutting them out :(. it just pisses me off that we never got any good mailaways... they just kept teasing us :)

actually it was just and idea of what they might do.MY IDEA HASBRO,IF YOU USE IT I WANT SOME RECOGNITION.

and thank too you guys,unlike other boards i did'nt here "oh that is so eff'n stupid"and the name calling was really uncalled for.

i like this forum....i think i'll stay.

Preacher, I've been here since '01, and that may make me partial, but this is the only message board I frequent regularly...pretty much daily actually, whether I post or not. But I've loved it here and made many great friends. So welcome!

As for your idea, I think it's great. I'd be all for a version 2 Snake-Eyes with Timber. I think it'd be completely appropriate. But so would the hooded Cobra Commander. I also liked someone's Starduster idea. Any of these would be great.

I also like the idea of doing a new Steel Brigade figure that you could have semi-customized. I mean, you could choose from one of four hair colors and/or skin tones for your figure to best resemble yourself, and of course have the customized file card with your personalized info like the original had. I'd especially like to get one of these since I didn't get the original I ordered as a kid. *sniff*

U know what would be cool, and Im sure collectors would be fine with this. For the convention set it could be called something like "Original Ties". The set will be 25th anniversary style with accesories and such. This is what Im thinking...

Original 13

Hawk:

Clutch:

Snake-Eyes before helicopter accident

Rock And Roll

Zap

Grunt

Short-Fuse

Breaker with standard green uniform no beard

Grand-Slam

Stalker

Steeler

Flash

Scarlett either grey on uniform will be black, or give her the helicopter accident uniform or Grunts.

Cobras

Cobra Commander in comic 1st Appearance

Baronness in comic 1st appearance

Cobra Officer with Scarface head and removable helmet

3 extra figures

General Flagg

Sparks

Shooter

25th Anniv Sculpts Vehicles

MOBAT

VAMP

MMS

HAL

JUMP JET and Platform

I would pay tons of mony for this.

U know what would be cool, and Im sure collectors would be fine with this. For the convention set it could be called something like "Original Ties". The set will be 25th anniversary style with accesories and such. This is what Im thinking...

Original 13

Hawk:

Clutch:

Snake-Eyes before helicopter accident

Rock And Roll

Zap

Grunt

Short-Fuse

Breaker with standard green uniform no beard

Grand-Slam

Stalker

Steeler

Flash

Scarlett either grey on uniform will be black, or give her the helicopter accident uniform or Grunts.

Cobras

Cobra Commander in comic 1st Appearance

Baronness in comic 1st appearance

Cobra Officer with Scarface head and removable helmet

3 extra figures

General Flagg

Sparks

Shooter

25th Anniv Sculpts Vehicles

MOBAT

VAMP

MMS

HAL

JUMP JET and Platform

I would pay tons of mony for this.

i would be sadly dissapointed if the convention set was anything but some kind of cobra army builder. not that that would not be cool to have, but since this is the first convention i will be able to go to and one of the big lures for me are the past KA cobra army builder convention sets i would be pissed off if this years werent. BUT i do think some kind of 25th aniversary stuff should be made abvailable exlcusively at the convention just not as the convention set. i would rather have maybe someting like classic troopers and some officers and a v.1 or v.2 style cobra commander as the convetnion set. I honestly don't care though. as long as its cobra and army buildable! i think the only convention set i saw that i didn't like at all was the drednock rampage. (and thats just because i never really had the drednoks in my joeverse).

and by 25th aniv. style to you mean the new articulation? if so, then NOOOO WAY! the 3 3/4 convention set should never be anything but ARAH

and by 25th aniv. style to you mean the new articulation? if so, then NOOOO WAY! the 3 3/4 convention set should never be anything but ARAH

I'd prefer both. This is special circumstance.

But I'd actually be surprised if any con exclusives/sets included the new articulation.