Better "version" choices: Snake Eyes, than version 1

pesatyel

Best version for 25th anniversary?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Best version for 25th anniversary?

• Version 1 (1983)
    • Version 2 (1985)
    • Version 3 (1989)
    • Version 4 (1991)
    • Version 5 (1993)/Version 6 (1994)

The two "big boys" I think. Snake Eyes has been such a focus for G.I. Joe, I think any of the versions could work. Hell for awhile the comic was "G.I. Joe: Starring Snake Eyes" (I'm honestly surprised he never got his own comic). Of ANY of the Joes, SNAKE EYES is the one people are most familiar with (well, maybe next to Cobra Commander).

snakeeyesLargea.jpgsnakeeyes.jpgsnakeeyes2.jpgsnakeeyes3.jpgsnakeeyes4.jpg

Version one is a cool choice and I think works well for what I hope is a start of the best detailed 3 3/4 Joe line EVER. But I think with this kind of detail if hasbro did a version 3 with removeable trench knives it would be just bad a$$.

Andrew

This one is hard for me. I know everyone loves the v2 figure, but imo the v1 is just as good. The v2 looks like he's smiling, and has weird ankle bracelets that make him look like a ballerina. I like the figure, but it's not my favorite. My fav actually goes to v4. I love the look of him, he's a bit too colorful for a ninja but I don't care, it's probably in my top 5 favorite joe figures of all time, if not at #1 then it's really close. I also love v1 and v3 and think the v1 remake is the best of the 25th anniversary figures. It's definitely the most realistic of the four. Either way all 4 figures are some of the greatest joe figures and they're all of the same character. Unfortunately after that they started to whore the figure out and I think the only snake eyes worth mentioning, barring repaints of those original 4, is the VvV wave 7 figure. The one that came with timber, a great homage to the v2 figure, and I don't think I really need a 25th sculpt when the VvV figure was so good, at least not yet.

you forgot about this one...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/images/snak...s23_large.shtml

Kind of a redoing of version 2 (with the visor) but I always thought it was a pretty darned good version of ol snakes....better proportions that the actual version 2, and with pretty neat gear (removable vest and whatnot).

Still, I'm SUPER LOVIN the 25th aniv version...it looks like an awesome upgrade of version one!! go go commando snake-eyes!

I love v2 and the ninja force one.. and the one with the trench knifes! i hope we get em all eventualy, honestly but for the moment v1 was the way to go. He has been ninjed to death for so long a nice commando mold is a good way to reach those who prefer him like that again and i'm sure if this line continues a v2 is on the top of the list to get made.

I really hope we see this reused for others like stalker that shared orginal mold parts!

v1 and v2 are both very good, they both portray SE's original commando and ninja look so either one would have been good

if they wanted to go with a design that was as original as possible v1 is indeed the proper choice but I wouldn't have complained for v2 either

you forgot about this one...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/05/images/snak...s23_large.shtml

Kind of a redoing of version 2 (with the visor) but I always thought it was a pretty darned good version of ol snakes....better proportions that the actual version 2, and with pretty neat gear (removable vest and whatnot).

Still, I'm SUPER LOVIN the 25th aniv version...it looks like an awesome upgrade of version one!! go go commando snake-eyes!

That isn't a RAH figure, therefore doesn't count. This is the 25th anniversary of RAH which means only the figures/characters from 1982 to 1994 (though I bet a lot of people would argue only the 80s figures/characters count...).

I don't think it would be good for the 25th anniversity version, but I'd love to see that ninja force Snake Eyes redone without spring action. In the comics they made this on look sweet, with his scimitars and such. I think it's one of the more visually interesting sets of gear he's had.

In design terms I always prefered V3 over V2, and never liked V1 or the other two much at all.

This is the 25th anniversary of RAH which means only the figures/characters from 1982 to 1994 (though I bet a lot of people would argue only the 80s figures/characters count...).

I'd be quite surprised if any characters from later than 86 make it in myself (and if they did it'd be Tunnel Rat and no-one else), not because those characters are undeserving (my personal favourette's of RAH are all from 87-90), just because earlier characters are so much better known.

That isn't a RAH figure, therefore doesn't count. This is the 25th anniversary of RAH which means only the figures/characters from 1982 to 1994 (though I bet a lot of people would argue only the 80s figures/characters count...).

oopsie! sorry bout that...i'm an armchair collector at best. I didn't know the difference (thought I DO like the one I linked to...he's a pretty cool version)...

oopsie! sorry bout that...i'm an armchair collector at best. I didn't know the difference (thought I DO like the one I linked to...he's a pretty cool version)...

He IS considered one of the best. If his hands didn't suck.