What episode or comic issue did you see first?

Rodimus Primal

Since we've had more new folks joining the board its once again time to know what sparked the liking of Transformers for all of us. The question is simple. What ep, comic issue, or toy started it all for you?

For me it was Countdown to Extinction, a G1 ep that I first saw one early morning in 1984 only to get a Bumblebee that same day that started it all for me. I've been hooked ever since.

I got hooked on Beast wars but never bought any transformers of that line. I did however bought a G1 Optimus Prime just cuz I thought he was kool, but didn't follow the G1 cartoons. It wasn't recently with my interest in cars that the Alternators line sparked my interest...however it seemed I joined just a bit too late since now alternators are hard to find in my area. Maybe it's because of the holiday season that just passed or because of Hasbro concentrating thier resources to the upcoming movie line.

Man RP, you're talkin' about twenty-three years ago in my case!! All I can remember clearly is flippin' out over the Jetfire commercials on Saturday morning. (lol) I just remember thinking it was so awesome that the Autobots now had someone that could fly and fight the Seekers. An Autobot JET? Unbelieveable! (lol)

As far as the comic goes, hmm...I really don't remember. I think it was the one where Shockwave was controlling Prime and he was making him kill the Autobots. I remember thinking it was silly when Prime ripped his own head off (the one that was being controlled by Shocky I guess), and then here comes Jetfire flying over to drop Prime his "real" head, which he promptly screws-on and proceeds to open a can of whup-@$$ on Shockwave. (lol) Zany! But like I said that was almost a *gulp* quarter century ago, so I can't be sure. (I can't believe I just typed that. Ooog. Maybe I should start applying for senior citizens' discounts...) (lol)

Man, these questions are much too difficult for a lot of us. Heck, I was like almost out of diapers when I first knew of the Transformers. I can't remember most things beyond yesterday. So what makes you think I'll remember something that happened over 20 years ago? hehe

I do remember seeing a G.I.JOE/Transformers crossover mini series (which I now own again) with Bumble Bee getting shot up to hell by the Joes on issue 1 of 4 of the series. I also remember getting the issue with Jetfire on the front cover. As for the episode, yeah like I'll remember that.

The only episode I remembered before rewatching much of g1 was Heavy Metal War, and then only parts of it; starscream's powerchip rectifier (I put a gold lego in his cockpit to symbolize it.. :P ), the prime/megs fight, and then the decepticons falling into the lava (which of course never made sense since they could fly.. @hmmm@ ).

The first episode I saw was actually the first one in the series. I was never able to see the show on TV because my family was always out while it was on, but my parents would rent the VHS tapes of Transformers, and we always rented in order. I still get nervous twitches thinking of the "F.H.E." logo and noises at the beginning of the tapes.

The first Transformer comic I ever had was... I forget the issue #... but it had Rodimus and Galvatron on the cover fighting, and something about the future.

My first memory of Transformers was when I had a friend here in town that has a Soundwave. I remembered digging the fact that the bugger transformed in to a robot. Later that year, I had another friend who showed me a taped episode of TF:G1 and I fell in love. The episode was More Than Meets The Eye Part One.

oh that's easy. i saw the more than meets the eye pilot when it first aired. earlier than that i saw the comercial for the pilot. i was way excited to see it and watched it all th way through till the headmasters rebirth episodes. then i picked up with beast wars. rid was horrible though.

i dont remember exactly what ep. i seen first. i do remember my first transformer and it was the cheep mini bot gears. i was so obsessed with the fact he was a truck and with a flip and a turn or 2 he was a robot. the bright colors was like eye candy ( maybe cause of spiderman ) back then my parents were dirt poor so all i got were the mini bots and a few cassettes ( why i obsess with soundwave and blaster these days )

i remember staring at megatron and optimus up on the shelf of a 2 bit toy store called " toyland" we couldnt afford either of them so i would go there all the time just to stare. which brings me to my next memory, the #$### worker who wouldnt pull it down off the top shelf so i could hold it as i stared @grumpy@

my first and only "pricey" figure was snarl. i used to go to my friends house ALOT just to watch him transform his figures. MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN that was along time ago.

when i seen the g1 dvd sets come out i was excited at my age! we still watch them ( my kids and I ) and i dont get bored with them 1 bit. as a kid i remember seeing megatron transform and optimus use his as a weapon for the first time , man the was the cooooooooooooolest thing i ever seen. good and bad workin together. anyway, enough with memory lane before i spin into depression

First toy that introduced TF to me: Cliffjumper. This was before the cartoon was even out.

First episode: First episode ;)

First comic: I think issue 9 of the first Marvel series. Starscream is on the cover and some girl with cybernetic (but rather revealing ;) ) body suit. I still have it, I'll have to dig it out and see.

First toy that introduced TF to me: Cliffjumper. This was before the cartoon was even out.

First episode: First episode ;)

First comic: I think issue 9 of the first Marvel series. Starscream is on the cover and some girl with cybernetic (but rather revealing ;) ) body suit. I still have it, I'll have to dig it out and see.

Oh yeah - here it is. October 1985. Good times!

StarscreamIssue9.jpg