Better "version" choices: Gung-Ho, than version 1

pesatyel

Best version for 25th anniversary?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Best version for 25th anniversary?

• Version 1 (1983)
    • Version 2 (1987)
    • Version 3 (1992)
    • Version 3 (1993)
    • Version 4 (1993)

There were more than 2 versions of Gung-Ho? @lol@

Either way, when did Gung-Ho ever look like Rambo in the cartoon or comics?

V2 is just a salute to his Marine background, which is not even close to being worthy of a 25th anniversary sculpt. None of them capture the character better than V1.

There were more than 2 versions of Gung-Ho? @lol@

Either way, when did Gung-Ho ever look like Rambo in the cartoon or comics?

V2 is just a salute to his Marine background, which is not even close to being worthy of a 25th anniversary sculpt. None of them capture the character better than V1.

Sure. I wonder why the never reused that version 2 mold for, say Leatherneck. All they needed was a new head. And I felt it was best to include those figures (like the Star Brigade and Armor Tech versions in the other threads), just to make sure they were all accounted for. Know what I mean?

The only ones I DIDN'T do (on the poll) were the Tiger Force ones.

Sure. I wonder why the never reused that version 2 mold for, say Leatherneck.

Good point...never even thought of that.

Leatherneck, and the V2 Gung-Ho (never had V1 when I was younger), always held a special place in my heart as a kid, because my dad was a Marine in Vietnam. I remember I lost my first Leatherneck (one of the few Joe's I ever misplaced as a child), and felt horrible about it, due to my father's service. I found another one, and grabbed it up right away...and then I found the one I thought I lost. @lol@ I traded the duplicate a few years later to one of my friends for Stretcher...

Eh..I'm rambling...anyways...yeah, it would've been, and still would be cool to get a Marine Dress Blues Leatherneck. :D

Leatherneck, and the V2 Gung-Ho (never had V1 when I was younger), always held a special place in my heart as a kid, because my dad was a Marine in Vietnam. I remember I lost my first Leatherneck (one of the few Joe's I ever misplaced as a child), and felt horrible about it, due to my father's service. I found another one, and grabbed it up right away...and then I found the one I thought I lost. @lol@ I traded the duplicate a few years later to one of my friends for Stretcher...

Eh..I'm rambling...anyways...yeah, it would've been, and still would be cool to get a Marine Dress Blues Leatherneck. :D

One interesting thing two is I kind of wonder how many Dress Blues Gung-Hos are in less than, say C-8 quality. The figures just doesn't seem the type to ever be PLAYED with (which is probably why they never did Leatherneck). More of a "stand at attention" type of figure. I picked one up off Ebay, lose in a lot and he probably has the TIGHTEST joints of ANY figure I ever bought off Ebay, short of MOC. Now if I could just figure out where his sword disappeared too.... @grumpy@

One interesting thing two is I kind of wonder how many Dress Blues Gung-Hos are in less than, say C-8 quality. The figures just doesn't seem the type to ever be PLAYED with (which is probably why they never did Leatherneck). More of a "stand at attention" type of figure. I picked one up off Ebay, lose in a lot and he probably has the TIGHTEST joints of ANY figure I ever bought off Ebay, short of MOC. Now if I could just figure out where his sword disappeared too.... @grumpy@

LOL

Very true...My friends and I used to do this thing where we'd lay all of our Joes out on the floor and then take turns picking which Joes we were gonna play with...kinda like a draft @lol@...and when I think about it, V2 Gung-Ho was always one of the last ones picked. And, even then, I don't think anyone ever actually played with him. :D

lol I went with the Mega Marines version. I know no one else will pick it, but it was always my fave version of Gung Ho. The v1 just looks goofy, and with the armor he looks bad ass. If only it was colored differently. Still Im glad they went with the v1 look fo rth enew fig, now I have a reason to like that design.