Better "version" choices: Destro, than version 1

pesatyel

Best version for 25th anniversary?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Best version for 25th anniversary?

• Version 1 (1983)
    • Version 2 (1988)
    • Version 3 (1992)
    • Version 4 (1994)

I think this will be easier than Cobra Commander. With CC most thought the version 1 was best, although a fe thought the hooded version or talking version would have worked too.

With Destro there really ARE only 3 "different" versions. Then again, maybe it WON'T be easy. <_<

DestroLargea.jpgdestro.jpgdestro2.jpgdestro3.jpgdestro4.jpg

I STILL can't get over the glowing green eyes or the fact his metal helmet must be SKIN TIGHT! Who does he think he is? Dr. Doom?

If you take into consideration that they are going with the most definitive versions of the characters, there is no other option than to go with V1.

If you take into consideration that they are going with the most definitive versions of the characters, there is no other option than to go with V1.

Sure, that's why version 3 is so similar in appearance to version 1.

I was just curious how many thought version 2 would be better.

V.1 easily. The rest just.....well......suck

I wouldn't say that V2 sucks. Hell, I actually think it's cooler than V1...but for the 25th anniversary new sculpt, it has to be V1.

I seem to be taking it among myself to offer "comic alternatives" to the figure choices above. Unlike the cartoon, which stayed strictly "on model", the comics offered variations that didn't exist as figures. And sometimes, those variations worked well for me.

destro01.jpg

Destro, in the later years of the book, returned to his traditional mask, but retained the Iron Grendaiers armor, as he was still his own man, with his own motives. It always felt like a better fit to me. More ornate, much more fitting a Destro in power. Regal, as the character should be. The silver helmet is sacrosanct. The gold one works as a momentary indulgence... but in the long run...

So if Hasbro were to do a V2 Destro, I'd be all for a silver head repaint.

i'm with straight edge on this one.

But truth be told i've never met i destro i'm completely happy with. I might be able to live with this one if i dremel down the collar, A LOT! V2 is great but like straight edge said, i'm used to the silver mask.

I may not pick this version up and stick with my custom depending on how they are packed.