25TH ANNIVERSARY..this is all we get??????

deflep

I know there has been a lot of discussion about the 25th anniv. figures themselves...

but my first thought was...arent these pretty similar to the DTC figures???

and my 2nd thought is...THIS ISNT MY IDEA OF A GOOD 25th celebration...

I thought we would get re-packaged versions of the JUMP JET PACK.

Or original vehicles like the WHALE or the Skystriker???

I'm pretty dissapointed.

Alex

No vehicles have been shown, so patience. Since the figures are going along the classics in proper form, I can only assume they'll do them the proper justice of reissuing some of their most sought-after classic vehicles like the WHALE. I am also keeping my fingers crossed that they're on retro cards like the VOTC SW figures were.

Still they're better than expected. I expected DTC's made out of more recycled VvV/JvC parts.

I'm very interested in seeing what the cardbacks will look like, that will be the deciding factor on whether or not I will puchase this set. Although I'm buying that Storm Shadow either way.

I also say wait for Toy Fair. I actually am happy with what we have gotten and if this goes well in stores, which it most likely will, then there could be a possibility that we get more. They have to start somewhere. I am also interested in seeing what they do with the Sigma Line since I have been reading that it might be changing (and as always HASBRO does change lines, such as Spy Troops, VsV, DTC....) and I know that they are not going to stop making the 8" line since they have invested so much.

I say wait till Toy fair then tell us if you're dissapointed, I mean, really, all we saw were 10 teaser figures

agreed, and vehicles may come later on but right now I'm real happy with just the figures for now, I think they look awesome overall

i was actually wondering what, if any, vehicles we would be getting. probably the old favorite. i'm hopeing for some the following. (all completly new and updated)

cobra:

Hiss(more like the one in the comics)

Ferret

Flight pod (i really think this is over do...)

Fang

Rattler

Stun

Joes:

vamp

mobat

skystricker

wolverine

whale

tomahawk

polar battle bear

if i would get 2 of the vehicles from the list i would probably pee my pants....(can the 25th aniv. figs even sit properly though? that is the ?)

Personally, I think it would be kind of...naive of Hasbro to NOT do at least TWO vehicles of some kind (obviously a Joe and a Cobra). Whether they be "updated" versions like the figures, brand new vehicles (not bloodly likely) or simply reissues of RAH vehicles, I can't really see why they wouldn't do SOMETHING.

If you want vintage stuff then go to ebay.

??? what does that mean? all of the 25th aniv. figs are updated versions of version 1 figures. why not the vehicles. besides, to me it looks like they won't be able to fit in the older vehicles.... like the vamp(or other vehicles using the same base) i've had trouble getting newsculpt figure to fit propery.

i was actually wondering what, if any, vehicles we would be getting. probably the old favorite. i'm hopeing for some the following. (all completly new and updated)

Finally someone that doesn't want to settle for re-issued vehicles!! Man I hate reading these posts actually wanting re-issued vehicles! There are plenty of used vehicles available, let's demand some new sculpts to go with those awesome figures!!

Finally someone that doesn't want to settle for re-issued vehicles!! Man I hate reading these posts actually wanting re-issued vehicles! There are plenty of used vehicles available, let's demand some new sculpts to go with those awesome figures!!

Now you are talking, but at least as of now, it does not look like we are going to get much the vehicle way. Hopefully all that I have been reading is wrong though.

Some of us don't see it as "settling" (beyond the fact there were some excellent molds). It is being realistic.

But you DO have a point about demanding new sculpt vehicles. There are only two ways I can think of we can do that. Make the line a "strong seller" so there is incentive for them to even bother or flood them with "requests".

Bear in mind though, we don't KNOW if they are even considering it in the first place!

Guess will just have to wait for Toyfare....

Some of us don't see it as "settling" (beyond the fact there were some excellent molds). It is being realistic.

But you DO have a point about demanding new sculpt vehicles. There are only two ways I can think of we can do that. Make the line a "strong seller" so there is incentive for them to even bother or flood them with "requests".

Bear in mind though, we don't KNOW if they are even considering it in the first place!

Guess will just have to wait for Toyfare....

Agreed Toy Fair cannot come soon enough. I am wondering even if then we will see everything that they are working on. As I have postedbfore usually at the Joe Con HASBRO shows us what is coming out later in the year. Since the con is in Sept however, hopefully we will see more stuff first at SDCC and then even MORE STUFF at Joe Con. One can only hope. Remember, we did not see the Viper Pit or the SB vs Plague Troopers until the con.

Most I'm hoping for is a retooled/repainted DTC HISS (hopefully with Cannons instead of Missle Launchers, no green/gold paint, and a 25th HISS driver.) and another Humvee repaint (with a 25th Clutch.) and that's a best case in my mind. I'm just not expecting much from them.

Most I'm hoping for is a retooled/repainted DTC HISS (hopefully with Cannons instead of Missle Launchers, no green/gold paint, and a 25th HISS driver.) and another Humvee repaint (with a 25th Clutch.) and that's a best case in my mind. I'm just not expecting much from them.

Yeah, but those are repaints. Lady Jaye wants NEW stuff, don't ya Jaye?

I just don't see us getting any new ones till the line proves it can sell. Might get them next year...unless there is some big surprise at Toy Fair, other then the next 15 figures, which I doubt.

Exactly. Hasbro's not going to blow their whole load right away. If they invested all their money on an unproven product, they'd be crazy. We all love these because we're all collectors, and we're a different type of consumer than the mass market. If these end being shelf warmers, which some of them will, then Hasbro will be leary of dumping more money into it. With re issued vehicles, they would at least cut some of the cost by using molds that hey already have. And besides, do you really want to take a chance that they'll get new sculpt versions of our classic favorites right? These are the guys that made the HISS IV, the Road Rebel, the Venom Cycle, the Battle Blitz, the Piranna Attack Boat with the monstrous engine thing in the back, and huge knob on the top, the little Tigerhawk thingy, the Assault Quad (the Ferret, it ain't), the Night Adder, that obomination of a truck from JvC that the hover/gunport came out of the back, and the Desert Coyote (which I know some of you liked, but it looked like a Playskool toy to me), not to mention what they did to the VAMP. If it came down to them re-issuing something like the WHALE, or leaving it up to them to do a new sculpt version of it, I'll take the re-issue thanks. Especially if the company can save money doing it and give us more re-issued vehicles of our classic favorites.

the main reseason i want new vehicles is because it doesn't look like these figures would fit right in the old joe vehciles. i know we havent seen much of them but the waist articulation resembles that of the clone troopers imo and those guys sit down kinda funky. plus if they didn't F up most of the 25th figures then we could get one or two good vehciles out of them.... with gi joe came vehicles i'm sure they will make at least one joe vehicle and one cobra vehicle. if not.... then wtf... my favorite joes aren't just figures. my favorite joes include the cobra hiss, and all the other ones i mentioned. to me joe is more than the figures. its the accesories and its the vehicles.