8" G.I.Joe: Sigma 6 Toy Checklist

JayC

:P

I couldn't check off a single solitary ONE of'em!

Oh you silly Sigma 6 haters, you know based on polls we've run including the one in our 2006 Voters Choice awards going on now. We asked which GIJoe line people liked better 3 3/4", 8" or 2.5". no one seems to really care for the 2.5" but last time I checked the 3 3/4" and 8" figures were neck and neck with votes. No fake votes either. Like it or not there alot of fans of the 8" line. Now I poked a little fun at VH and so he was entitled to make his comment, but frankly you haters running into every single thread about Sigma 6 stuff to say its crap is way past old. We got it you don't like it, thats fine, no one is forcing you to buy it, but quit tring to take away from the fun of the people who do. Your not convincing any of them that they should change their mind and not like them.

Great list. But there are a few variants you missed: Heavy Duty with red cannister, Temple Tracker Spirit with a Green Snake, and Cobra Commander Battlefield General with a silver cape. There are also some packaging variants, like accessories placed in different spots, and the red carded Sky Bat. And Paratrooper duke with a blinking light, and the Night Ranger Quad with a dessert backdrop in the box.

Oh you silly Sigma 6 haters, you know based on polls we've run including the one in our 2006 Voters Choice awards going on now. We asked which GIJoe line people liked better 3 3/4", 8" or 2.5". no one seems to really care for the 2.5" but last time I checked the 3 3/4" and 8" figures were neck and neck with votes. No fake votes either. Like it or not there alot of fans of the 8" line.

Coke has a product that a LOT of people like as well, but I still prefer Pepsi. The fact of it being popular (or not) has nothing to do with anyone posting negative opinions on it, in a forum dedicated to open discussion on that particular product.

I'm not trying to run a popularity contest amongst those who hate the new stuff, against those who love it, it's all just chit chat and open to debate and disagreement. Actually, I think my presence helps to reinforce the opinions of the Sigma Six lovers, as it's apart from the norm, of just the usual gushing and drooling over each new figure, and sparks response in defense, and an in depth explanation as to WHY they do like them.

Now I poked a little fun at VH and so he was entitled to make his comment, but frankly you haters running into every single thread about Sigma 6 stuff to say its crap is way past old. We got it you don't like it, thats fine, no one is forcing you to buy it, but quit tring to take away from the fun of the people who do. Your not convincing any of them that they should change their mind and not like them.

I do understand this trend, as being annoying as well, and the ones who just pop in to post "they suck" or "they're CRAP" would get tiresome and unnecessary. I do like to poke fun at certain members and jest with them, and challenge "loyalties" in a silly (hardly that important) manner. I've looked over most of the Sigma threads, and didn't find too many of them that had the "party poopers" posting anything in them, some hardly garnered a response at ALL, from even the S6 supporters, so I'm not certain why all the fuss is being made over the negative stuff, when it doesn't seem to be that apparent, at least not like it was in it's first initiation period.

The new 25th anniversary, are a FAR cry from anything Sigma Six-ish, and yet there's just as much disagreement and dislike being stated on them, in objectionable discussion. It goes this way on everything I would think, and Sigma Six shouldn't be so guarded from it, like it seems to be.

It's just plastic.

It's completely understandable to me that Sigma 6 still inspires debate and controversy, because it was such a radical departure from the vision of G.I. Joe we all know and love. But to me that's what makes it so very cool. It's just different. The look is cool and stylish, and the toys have as much quality and forethought put into them as the RAH stuff did. I don't get upset about people like VH because it's simply his opinion. I myself like to jab at him from time to time to aggrevate him about it, but he knows it's in jest and I respect his opinion. And he respects mine. It's no big deal. I won't go so far as to say I ignore him when he chimes in on a Sigma 6 thread (lol), I just expect it along with certain others' inevitable responses. Actually it's almots funny when he does. And I know he probably feels the same way when you get right down to it. Ah...so what? A difference in opinion is the spice of life. It's fun to defend your opinion, albeit in a respectful and civil manner. And I don't recall VH being ugly or insulting about it. It does get old though when there are those that are jerky about it. Maybe that's where JayC is coming from. And I'm not gonna criticize him, 'cause frankly, it's his website. He can kick us all off if he wants. (lol) I mean, that'd be unfortunate because we all enjoy coming here. All I'm saying is it's just more interesting when we all don't agree. Now getting along and disagreeing are two different things, mind you. And I think for the most part we all do.

Now...having said that, I'm still enjoying Sigma 6. Now I don't have every single piece in the line. I just pick and choose from what I think is cool and not. For example, I love Snake-Eyes, but I don't feel the need to have every version of him. Same goes for Duke. And I have yet to buy any of the 2.5 scale stuff, although I'd like to have the Dragonhawk and the V.A.M.P. Oh yeah, and what's that thing Firefly comes with? I'd LOVE to have that thing!

I'll try to post some new pics of the new Sigma 6 stuff that's coming down the line later. I got the latest Toyfare last night, and they have some cool pics of upcoming figures.

Yeah that checklist falls pretty short of everything that's out there. Many of the variants aren't listed there. You even missed pale skinned v1 Duke. Let me know if you want me inform you of the figures that are missing.

:o OMG I missed pale skin duke, no collection is complete without that @loll@

Yeah the list is really meant for keeping track of the basic figures out there so you know which ones you need or not need in a handy list, Its not really meant to keep track of every known manufactuering error or tiny variant known to be out there. However feel free to list em here and I'll see about adding them.

Now...having said that, I'm still enjoying Sigma 6. Now I don't have every single piece in the line. I just pick and choose from what I think is cool and not. For example, I love Snake-Eyes, but I don't feel the need to have every version of him. Same goes for Duke. And I have yet to buy any of the 2.5 scale stuff, although I'd like to have the Dragonhawk and the V.A.M.P. Oh yeah, and what's that thing Firefly comes with? I'd LOVE to have that thing!

I've been much the same way with this line. When I first noticed the trend starting with Arctic Duke, Bungee Jump Duke, Midget Wrestling Duke, and every other variation of the core characters in this line, I knew I wasn't gonna be a very hardcore Sigma 6 collector. Mostly because I've never been a fan of remakes of characters.

After I bought the first few waves of characters, and got the first versions of them all, I pretty much gave up on Sigma Six. Actually, I hadn't bought a Sigma Six toy in nearly a year, up until about two weeks ago when I picked up Zartan, Hi-Tech and Firefly. In truth, I'm glad Hasbro did things this way, as it's helped me save a lot of money. How many other toylines allow you to go nearly a year without buying a figure, and then be able to nearly fill in your collection with one quick toy run? @lol@

As it stands right now, these are the Sigma Six figures I have:

Duke (Commando Asst Wave 1)

Heavy Duty (Commando Asst Wave 1)

Snake Eyes (Commando Asst Wave 1)

Spirit (Commando Asst Wave 1)

Storm Shadow (Commando Asst Wave 1)

Kamakura (Soldier Asst Wave 1)

Tunnel Rat (Soldier Asst Wave 1)

Ninja BAT (Soldier Asst Wave 1)

Long Range (Commando Asst Wave 2)

Cobra Commander (Commando Asst Wave 2)

Sky BAT (Soldier Asst Wave 2)

Firefly (Soldier Asst Wave 3)

Hi-Tech (Commando Asst Wave 4)

Zartan (Commando Asst Wave 5)

The only figures I still want are:

Destro (Commando Asst Wave 4)

Lt. Stone (Commando Asst Wave 5)

Shipwreck (Soldier Asst Wave 5)

Wet Suit (Soldier Asst Wave 5)

Grand Slam (Commando Asst Wave 6)

Lockdown (Soldier Asst Wave 6)

Actually, now that I've made out this list, I never realized just how many variations there were of the different characters in this line. Given my above list, we've been given 20 different characters in Sigma 6, and 45 different figures in the Commando and Soldier Assortments. That means 25 of the figures have been remakes of characters already existing. :(

Ok ive added a few of the variations I could find actual documentation of. Snake eyes without the pegs on the sword. The red and green package variation on the bat.

I looked on ebay and saw 1 mention of the silver cape cobra commander, but the pics were bad ad it was open. So I don't know how legeit it really is, really looks more like a custom job. For the Heavy Duty the only thing I have found with a red canister is the one with flame thrower which is listed.

I couldnt find any verfication about a green snake spirit either.

So if you guys can show some verfication of these other variants you mention, I'll ad them to the list.

I'm sure Cyber will be more than happy to help you out, lol.. I know the red canister HD was released for the "inner city" market, the closer I go to chicago, lol.. the more I see

There's also a Cobra Commander(the blue one) that had a different background package right? I remember something about the cape not being able to bee seen...

And then there's the walmart bonus DVD packs in the lime green canisters, lol

Lime Green Destro wave...

sigma6-02__scaled_600.jpg

Repackaged Duke on quad...

801.jpg

Sigma Strike Duke has been re-released (or at least corrected). The eyebrows have now been painted on and the hips tightened up. We call him Eyebrowed SSDuke.

Paratrooper Duke was repackaged since it's no longer a Toys R Us exclusive and now has the blinkie light.

International Variations...

CanadianVariantsFront2.jpg

CanadianVariantsBack.jpg

Cross-Bow Storm Shadow is packaged on a yellow/orange card as well as the red card (pics to follow...it's in the mail)

Night Ops Storm Shadow was re-packaged when it was carry forward. The throwing star is located up around the head in one and then around the foot in the other.

The current Soldier wave has both Firefly and Wet-Suit packaged two different ways. Firefly is wearing his right flame claw on one package and then not the other. Wet-Suit is packaged angled to the left, as well as packaged angled to the right.

The packaging on the first wave of Soldiers changed. The window display went from the striped cardboard to just and open window...

packagedifferences.jpg

Thanks for providing the pics cyberstreak. I was just about to pull out my camera to take some pics. But all of mine are loose so the packaging variants dont matter to me. Thats an awsoem collection you got their though.