All Ten Preview Pics of new figs are Up!

SKARAPZ

The Baroness looks frickin sweet. I was really hoping that they wouldn't screw it up, and to my happiness, they didn't. The porportions like thw face are a little off but it's still better than all the versions short of the original.

Cobra Commander and Gung Ho are also now on my top most wanted list, even though the choice in pelvic joints does make all of the figures look a little odd. Really; Gung Ho is simply awesome. There's nothing they could do to improve that.

Guess they figured since they're leaked anyway... Or maybe this is what they were planning.

I don't think so. G.I. Joe.com originally said they would post one a day, but once their "code" was cracked and the cat was out of the bag, there was no need to draw out the suprise and contrive excitement since they had already been revealed.

it will be interesting to see how Hasbro handles the next ten.

Overall I'm very impressed. Baroness' glasses don't really quite right.....but still she turned out very good. I'm gonna get all the Cobra figures for sure (I'm a big enough Joe fan to want the good guys).

WOW, I can feel my wallet getting lighter already, that snakeeyes!!! Actually all of em look great, but theyll look even better displayed in my toy room. In my opinion this makes up for all of the horrible stuff theve put out over the last few years.

Gung Ho is simply awesome. There's nothing they could do to improve that.

Really? Even fixing the crappy looking arms?

I hope it's just because he's a prototype, because right now, he's the worst looking of the bunch because of them, followed closely by the Baroness because of her Black Cat superhero mask. Seriously, it looks like someone gave her one of those kaleidoscopes that leave a black ring around your eye... twice!

Little details like that (and re-used weapons molds from previous lines) are going to bug me because of the overall GREAT quality we're seeing. I hope they're fixed for production, because I'm thinking more and more that this line is almost close to perfection - if you're that close, how can you skimp on easily fixed details like that?

Man these figures look cool, much better then Sigma Six figure and they are 3/4 inch version of the Marvel Legend figures. I'm going to get all of these figures then they comeout.

I'm gonna quote a line that was drilled into me back when I was in college & studying film - "The camera always lies." These pictures, while more simplistic in regard to that quote, still apply.

We could pick apart each and every one of these figures, but the fact remains that we only have one promo shot of each figure.

Some characteristics may be more pronounced due to the shot. Other characteristics of these figures may be altered before the official production versions are released.

Remember the excitement of finding the FIRST releases of a new wave of Joes (in the 80's) and looking over the pics displayed on the back of the cards, of the OTHER figures and the anxiousness of seeing THEM next?

You (or I) would practically LIVE in the toy aisles from that point on, DYING to see a new figure you didn't have yet, to see how the figure measured up to the artwork.

Good times!

This internet stuff kinda ruins some of that, and has certainly made us an impatient lot. ^_^

Remember the excitement of finding the FIRST releases of a new wave of Joes (in the 80's) and looking over the pics displayed on the back of the cards, of the OTHER figures and the anxiousness of seeing THEM next?

You (or I) would practically LIVE in the toy aisles from that point on, DYING to see a new figure you didn't have yet, to see how the figure measured up to the artwork.

Good times!

This internet stuff kinda ruins some of that, and has certainly made us an impatient lot. ^_^

VH, I might not agree with you on most things, but I couldn't agree more with the above. Sometimes I think the internet really ruins half the fun.

VH, I might not agree with you on most things,

ooooooh...you probably would MORE than you think, and if not, you'd STILL find me a pretty good chap to have as a friend. ;)

but I couldn't agree more with the above. Sometimes I think the internet really ruins half the fun.

Imagine not ever having to WAIT till Christmas morning, to open our presents....just going online to see them FIRST, so we know what we're getting and the only excitement is just opening them.

Well I have to say that they are looking pretty cool. Still not really hot on the total design change but like everything else I guess I will get over it as long as they are the right size.

I guess The only one I reall have a problem with is Destro. IMO I think they used the wrong size head for him. I just looks a little small for his body. Other than that I guess I can live with them as long as they put them back in the retail stores. I really miss shopping for Joes.

They are actually...kinda boring. There was a comment about Scarlett about the looks being kinda out of date or bland.

Oh man, they did that crappy ankle joint!

Baroness: Looks good, but with the hair it almost looks like her head is stuck permanently in one position.

Cobra Commander: Ths is what I was talking about being bland. Does it look like the helmet is removable to anyone else? I wonder if he has that "hide-a-gun" thing on his back like the original.

Destro: The rockets/grenades would be cool if they were removable. Does the case open (can't tell)? What the hell is with the GREEN eyes? What is he a cyborg? He probably IS since he doesn't look like a guy WEARING AN IRON HELMET but more like a guy with an IRON HEAD.

Duke: Not too bad if you ignore the magic holster.

Gung-Ho: The arms ARE kinda weird looking (someone above pointed that out), now that I look again. It looks like the jacket is removable.

Scarlett: That torso bugs me. The chest seems to sit too high or something it looks weird. Hopefully it will look better in hand.

Storm Shadow: Gonna have to change his codname to Creepy Hands!

Cobra Trooper: I like him. It looks ike the knife and harness are removable. If not, that's a nifty touch.

Roadblock: Now THAT is a heavy machine gun!

Snake Eyes: I really hope all that crap they saddle hims with his removable because it makes him look terrible.

I wonder if they are going to do anyone past 85 (the ball-neck figures).

My two cents (Geeze these are sweet...):

Storm Shadow: Perfection. The perfect Storm Shadow figure.

Duke: One of my all-time favorites. Near perfect for me, but why not include the binoculars? I thought they were trying to replicate every detail of the originals. Ah...no matter. I even love the new gun he has. Suits him much better.

Scarlett: The crossbow seems rather bland, but that's a minor, minor issue. She looks just like she always did in the comics and the toon, although I liked the darker color she wore underneath that bathing-suit-looking thing she has on in the cartoon. But again, I'm nit-picking over very minor things. She's sweet.

Snake-Eyes: Oh yeah. Now DAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!! (lol) I love how he's covered with straps and gear in his original commando garb. I can't remember who else here said it on possibly another thread, how this version seems to get back to his commando roots. I agree totally. I like Snake-Eyes to be the commando-type first, ninja second. Don't get me wrong; I love the "Ninja Snake-Eyes" too. Every time I see the sleek ninja version of him in a fight or something, I hear the techno-music from the Matrix playing in the back of my mind, and I love it. (lol) But I'd rather have the mysterious commando version of him that somehow got lost or watered-down over the years. Just perfect.

Gung-Ho: Like Stormy, just perfect. Whenever I imagined new-sculpted classic characters, this is what I saw. I'm serious. Love it.

Roadblock: Heh...man, what can I say about this one? You remember how you felt when you saw a cool new G.I. Joe character for the first time, and it just blew your mind and you just had to have the figure? Well, there ya go. Those old memories of getting so excited over the new figures back in 1984 came rushing back with this one. Check out the sculpted fingers!! I immediately thought of that Michael Golden cover of the old Marvel comic series where Roadblock and Duke have captured Cobra Commander on the cover, and Roadblock is looking over his shoulder, gripping his big honkin' 50 cal. machine gun. Yeah...that pretty much sums him up. I guess after Snake-Eyes, this is the next one I'm looking the most forward to.

Cobra Commander: Looks like he leapt right off the comic page or cartoon screen. Gotta love 'im. I didn't pay attention though; does he come with that funky hair-dryer-looking pistol he's always known for? (lol) I used to imagine as a kid, since it reminded me of a hair-dryer, that it would send out some kind of microwaves at whoever he aimed it at, and it would disintegrate your insides. (lol) Cool huh. Very sinister. I was a weird kid...

Cobra Soldier/Officer: Oh yeah. Another home run. Very nice.

Destro: Now this is another must have for me. He's probably third behind Snake-Eyes and Roadblock as my favorites. To be honest, I never did like the skin-tight leather look for Destro, nor did I care for the exaggerated collar and "bling" emblazoned on his bare (?) chest. But for some reason, I LOVE the look on this figure. I guess it inspires memories again of those great Marvel comics. They even sculpted his arms with the cool gauntlets from the comic and cartoon. Incredible.

Baroness: Durn-near perfect. I can't believe someone read my mind and included that cool gun that came with the DTC Crimson Guard. I guess I'm thinking of the one the Pallisades mini-bust version came with. I just thought that weapon suited her perfectly. Apparently, someone else thought so too. It may not be the exact same gun, but it's close and suits her eaqually well. Awesome.

These things are just having what I'm assuming is Hasbro's desired effect on me. They're bringing back a rush of memories of how excited I used to get when the originals came out. I just can't wait to see what's in store.