So out of the 10 we have seen who is your favorite?

Jeff

25th Anniversary  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite so far?

• Storm Shadow
    • Snake Eyes
    • Duke
    • Cobra Commander
    • Cober Trooper
    • Destro
    • Baroness
    • Scarlett
    • Roadblock
    • Gung Ho

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A - List:

1. Snake Eyes

2. Roadblock

3. Duke

4. Storm Shadow

5. Trooper

B - List

1. Gung Ho

2. Scarlett

C - List

1. Destro

2. Cobra Commander

3. Baroness

My 3 top favorites are Snakes, Roadblock, and Duke...

but it's a tuff pull between GH and Scarlett.

I absolutely love that Snake Eyes. I crossed my fingers it was going to be v1, and he came out swweeeeet. We already have a bangin' v2 from Wave 7. I'm happy.

Roadblock is equally well done.

I know not too many like Duke but I dig him. Perfect representation and I think they did a super job. He will replace the green "S6" version from Wave 7. I can't wait for Flint. If they foul him up, I will be really FURIOUS!! No joke.

Dang I hate that I can only pick one. I voted for The Cober Trooper, mucho bad@$$. Snake Eyes in a very close second, love the og Commando look, just like in the (present) comics. #US1#

This was a hard question to answer, they all for the most part look great....for me it was a tossup between Storm Shadow and Cobra Trooper. In the end I went with Storm Shadow.....but I wasnt 100% sure. :P

I voted for Roadblock. Why? Well, they're all equally awesome for me, and Snake-Eyes is my favorite fictional character of all time, but I don't know; it just seems like this new Roadblock is just hands-down the best representation of the original character and an astounding update. His detailing and sculpting is just amazing. When I saw him, it immediately brought back the same kind of excitement when I saw the original figure over *gulp* twenty-two years ago. (Man I'm gettin' old...) (lol)

That's what does it for me. These figures have brought back the old excitement I used to feel over the original Joes. The RAHC figures came real close to that same impression, but they're weren't exactly the same. And even these new figures are so different in their construction, but...they just shine with the same attention to detail that the originals seemed to have, even moreso. And that's why people are really responding to them I think.

And I don't know who else here said it, but I agree; I hope this might serve as a spring-board for new versions of these characters as well as new characters altogether in a new line down the road. They just need to keep up what they were doing with the DTC stuff, but with a closer attention to detail like the anniversary stuff.

I just can't wait to see the packaging. I've got a feeling it's gonna be awesome. As far as who I want to see round-out the remaining fifteen figures, I wanna see:

Hawk

Zartan

Flint

Major Bludd

Lady Jaye

Firefly

Stalker

Serpentor

Spirit

Tomax

Flash

Xamot

Grunt

Crimson Guard

Shipwreck

Personally I think there all bad a s s.....

But IMO Snake is the best...I do think that Cobra Commander is a close second...tied between SS and Cobra Trooper for third...

If there is one the bottom one would be the Baroness...Duke, is the most boring one...

I cant wait to see the rest...Especially Zartan...

Liking the Snake Eyes figure so much, I did a little photoshopping for fun...

snakeeyesartvr9.png

The Trooper is a nice looking figure as well.

I think Gung-Ho is my favorite because, out of the first ten, he's the only one I was surprised to see. I expected Roadblock to look hulking huge and ultra awesome. While surprising, Snake-Eyes has been done so many times, they know how to get him right no matter the uniform. And while Destro is also on my list, the wrist rockets make a decent figure wonderful... but the rest of him is still just mediocre.

GH is one of my absolute favorite characters, and to see him done so right... it makes me very happy.

As much as I love all of these I am most impressed with the Cobra Trooper. It's amazing but it also saddens me. I have 48 troopers from the 6 pack and now they are going to look like crap. I know the 25th anniversary trooper will be too much $ to army build. Oh well, such is the price you pay for perfection.

Woah VH, cooool... #US1#

Thanks DB! :)

As much as I love all of these I am most impressed with the Cobra Trooper. It's amazing but it also saddens me. I have 48 troopers from the 6 pack and now they are going to look like crap. I know the 25th anniversary trooper will be too much $ to army build. Oh well, such is the price you pay for perfection.

Hopefully that is where reasonably priced multi-packs come in.

Hey you're welcome man. When I see that pic, suddenly it's 1982 all over again, and my nine-year-old brain is mystified by a good guy that wears black and can kill the enemy twelve different ways with his bare hands, although he looks armed well enough to take on the whole Cobra army.

Man...didn't that card-art with the explosion from behind illuminating the character just grab you by the ears and kick your tail as a kid? (lol) So many great memories of pride and patriotism come to mind when I see that pic VH. And I don't think the younger collectors can really know what it felt like to live through such gritty, patriotic times with the original 3-3/4" Joes. We were still fascinated with and trying to deal with the after effects of the Vietnam War, which I think Snake-Eyes was one of those characters that was an embodiment of the Vietnam War vet hero. We were backing-down the Soviet Union in the Arms Race, and nobody in the world wanted to mess with us, although I'm sure terrorists were knocking at the door for us even then. It's just that G.I. Joe came along at just the right time for us to embrace it. Even as a kid I felt like by playing with and collecting G.I. Joe, I was expressing my patriotism. It's like G.I. Joe was the ultimate expression for America at the time, as if to say, "This is what we are, we're proud, we're bad, and you'd better step down." (lol) I guess alot of the newer stuff dilluted that idealism which was so purely displayed with the original stuff. Sheesh, maybe I'm overanalyzing this. After all, I did just watch Commando on tv... (lol) #US1#

Hey you're welcome man. When I see that pic, suddenly it's 1982 all over again, and my nine-year-old brain is mystified by a good guy that wears black and can kill the enemy twelve different ways with his bare hands, although he looks armed well enough to take on the whole Cobra army.

Man...didn't that card-art with the explosion from behind illuminating the character just grab you by the ears and kick your tail as a kid? (lol) So many great memories of pride and patriotism come to mind when I see that pic VH. And I don't think the younger collectors can really know what it felt like to live through such gritty, patriotic times with the original 3-3/4" Joes. We were still fascinated with and trying to deal with the after effects of the Vietnam War, which I think Snake-Eyes was one of those characters that was an embodiment of the Vietnam War vet hero. We were backing-down the Soviet Union in the Arms Race, and nobody in the world wanted to mess with us, although I'm sure terrorists were knocking at the door for us even then. It's just that G.I. Joe came along at just the right time for us to embrace it. Even as a kid I felt like by playing with and collecting G.I. Joe, I was expressing my patriotism. It's like G.I. Joe was the ultimate expression for America at the time, as if to say, "This is what we are, we're proud, we're bad, and you'd better step down." (lol) I guess alot of the newer stuff dilluted that idealism which was so purely displayed with the original stuff. Sheesh, maybe I'm overanalyzing this. After all, I did just watch Commando on tv... (lol) #US1#

#US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1# #US1#

Wow! You damn near brought a patriotic tear to my eye DB. Despite our CURRENT standing, in the eyes of the anti-American world, as trouble making bullies or war mongers for OIL, we ARE the good guys, a civilized, caring nation, only trying to defend our citizens and allow them the opportunity to live the American dream, without fearing when and where the next terrorist attack is going to disrupt their day.

Apparently, the theory is, since OTHER countries SUCK...we're undeserving of any peace and tranquility. If we try to share our formula for having such a successful democracy, that brought us all that liberty in the first place, we're invading their territory. If we simply try to EVADE these unstable regions...we're just asking for their violence against us, because we are powerful and won't HELP!

Damned if we DO and double damned if we DON'T!

Bring in the ARAH team already, I'm sick of it! #US1#

Heh...you're too kind VH. It's just that I'm beginning to realize that back in those days, it was okay to be proud of your country, to be proud of your president, and especially your military. We were fighting the good fight. We weren't preceived as an arrogant, war-mongering country of irreverent jerks like our country is so often portrayed as these days. It seems that back then, we were all on the same side in this country. We all supported our military. Now we've been trained to be suspicious, to be negative and critical instead of giving our leaders the benefit of the doubt. Everything's submersive. Everything has a political agenda attached to it. Everything's a conspiracy. What happened to having faith in our country? What happened to national pride? What happened to focusing on what our leaders and our military do RIGHT?

Ah...I don't know. I didn't mean for this to turn into a political discussion or diatribe. The words "G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero" just take me back to a simpler time, a time full of pride in our leaders, in our government, in our military and our role as a defender of freedom and liberty-the home team that fights for truth, justice, and the American way, to paraphrase another great American icon. There's still a such a thing as right and wrong, and sometimes you've just got to take care of business in the name of all that's good and right. That's what G.I. Joe is to me.

Yeah! I was thinkin' the same thing darthsith; it means people are warming up to EVERY figure and the line's gonna be a hit. Wouldn't it be awesome if the line does go beyond the initial twenty-five? Oh, to dream...