Silver Arm Hulk: Variant? HTF?

Superwonderlantern

Hey all,

I have noted that many collectors in the states are having a hard time finding the silver arm War Hulk......

Now, here in Canada, it is the opposite....we are getting the silver and no green.......I was able to get both as a video store near me orders from an American supplier and the box contained only green arm......

So, are my observations correct? Are you having a hard time finding the silver arm "variant" in the states?

Saw the Silver arm version right after they starting showing up at Target and passed on him. Luckily, I found 2 silver arm ones at Walmart today. No I have a green one loose, a silver one to open and a silver to leave MOC!

Aren't they changing the production over to the green version? If so, that'll make the silver arm one valuable in the future.

I got the whole set the first weekend they were out and I got the silver armed Hulk, but I think I prefer the green armed Hulk. In general its a pretty good Hulk figure when you take off all the accesories, but the silver arm keeps it from being able to pass as a non-specific figure. Still doesen't make sense that they didn't put a little extra work ito the arm, they added the same detail on the Maestro's elbows that should have been used for gladiator armor. Wouldnt think it would have take any more work to make it look armored than it did to make it veiny.

evem I have seen the silver armed one, and I only looked at the figures like twice...

anyways, I think its crappy. It looks stupid because they didn't do any mold detail... its like, "look, this Hulk has silver skin on one of his arms" @rolleye@

I am in the states and have only seen the green armed hulk.

By now I think I have seen this wave at walmart 4 or 5 times and at Target 3 or 4 times. Sometimes the Hulk is on the pegs, but regardless it has been green armed each time.

I hope to find a silver armed one somewhere along the way. It only makes sense since it is on the friggin packaging & in the comic.

I'm not convinced that either one is more rare/valuable at this point. I see different posts from different people saying, "All I've seen is the green arm", "All I've seen is the silver arm". Since the Hasbro wave hit, I've seen BOTH versions pretty much equaly.

I've never seen BOTH versions in one place at the same time until I went to Walmart the other day where they had one of each.

Even though I already have one and don't really care, I put them side by side and checked the Annihilus piece. Green arm's had the pink, silver had the purple piece.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, no matter which one you get, this figure ROCKS!

evem I have seen the silver armed one, and I only looked at the figures like twice...

anyways, I think its crappy. It looks stupid because they didn't do any mold detail... its like, "look, this Hulk has silver skin on one of his arms" @rolleye@

You are right on this one, I Duno how they could screw that up its so easy! They should ajust done snap on armor or something if anything...

So it seems that across North America silver and green are appearing ..... but there seems to be no ryhme or reason..... At this point, I think it too early to assign a "more valuable" label to either, but not to early to state that I like others who have commented, like the green arm better. The silver arm seems to be silver for no reason.

If someone has official (meaning provable, not conjecture) which is supposed to be the "variant" I would be interested to know.

Best regards to all

I only see the green arm.

I think that going between silver and green arms was a horrible ploy to make money, just like the iron man packaging.... Hasbro is not using their brains.

I only am going to get this hulk, because I need him for customs....otherwise, I don't see how he is really amazing.... none of them really are....

I got the whole set the first weekend they were out and I got the silver armed Hulk, but I think I prefer the green armed Hulk. In general its a pretty good Hulk figure when you take off all the accesories, but the silver arm keeps it from being able to pass as a non-specific figure.

Excellent point, at first, I was lamenting the fact I passed on the silver armed version, but I have been enlightened by your post, and will snag the regular version. Nah, changed my mind, I'll grab a green Icons huld, since he's twice the size of the 6" ML's, I think he'll actually almost be in perfect scale!

i was lucky enough to find a planet hulk today at wal-mart. it had both green arms on him...its the only one ive seen wherever i have looked (i live in south texas and have only found craploads of banshee/white queen/beast) the picture of the back shows one green/one silver arm..as it should be cuz that is how he is in the comic....i read somewhere that cases had either silver or non silver arms...so i dont think both greens is a variant..especially with boardies here saying they have found either or...

this will probably go "unsovled" until hasbro says something about it...

So it seems that my earlier supposition was incorrect......Silvers and Greens are showing up in both countries seemingly with no pattern.

As for which is the "variant" I would have to go with the green arm as the silver arm is shown on the package as already noted by other posters.

Do you think Hasbro did the lame variations (not just the silver / green arm thing, but the helmet / no helmet with Ultimate Iron Man) just to see if people would consider them to be more sought after? I hope not.....I very much like what Toy Biz did with series 15 variants.....each one (except for Wasp) was actually a different character....