This falls new fashions...

PimpDestroBaroness.jpg

:blink:

@loll@

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the issue I have with the Destro figure (and why I'm not too thrilled with it) is that his head is obviously too small, and they're (Hasbro) making him look like a Super Hero in tight spandex. <_<

It looks silly on him, and for a man of his stature/size, how ridiculous would that uniform look of somebody. He's NOT Spider Man for cryin' out loud.

At least the original version, gave him the appearance of having on regular pants and a COAT.

2destro.jpgDestroLarge.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! @loll@ VH you say a lot of stuff I really don't agree with a lot of the time and I generally keep my mouth shut and ignore you but in this case I have to speak up. You are complaining that the new sculpt figure makes him look "ridiculous" because of his tight clothes?!? Um... Where have you been for the last 24 years? Destro wears a metal mask that covers his entire head. He wears a zipped open shirt which exposes his chest and he has a big ruby medalion that hangs around his neck. Not to mention the big red collar... Um... if Destro were a real person, some how I doubt most people would notice the tightness of his clothes were he to walk up to them on the street. Your arguments crack me up sometimes VH... @smilepunch@

I think the issue I have with the Destro figure (and why I'm not too thrilled with it) is that his head is obviously too small, and they're (Hasbro) making him look like a Super Hero in tight spandex. <_<

It looks silly on him, and for a man of his stature/size, how ridiculous would that uniform look of somebody. He's NOT Spider Man for cryin' out loud.

At least the original version, gave him the appearance of having on regular pants and a COAT.

2destro.jpgDestroLarge.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! @loll@ VH you say a lot of stuff I really don't agree with a lot of the time and I generally keep my mouth shut and ignore you but in this case I have to speak up. You are complaining that the new sculpt figure makes him look "ridiculous" because of his tight clothes?!? Um... Where have you been for the last 24 years? Destro wears a metal mask that covers his entire head. He wears a zipped open shirt which exposes his chest and he has a big ruby medalion that hangs around his neck. Not to mention the big red collar... Um... if Destro were a real person, some how I doubt most people would notice the tightness of his clothes were he to walk up to them on the street. Your arguments crack me up sometimes VH... @smilepunch@

Yeah..yeah...yeah! @smilepunch@

Your point well taken, but I still don't like the tighty spandex suits that they're giving ALL the Joes lately, and solely for the purpose of adding some extra articulation, which wouldn't work as well on a figure that has cloths on that fit like NORMAL uniforms.

I grasp the fantasy aspect of ARAH and ALL it's glorious goofyness (especially in the outfit dept.) but bottomline is....I'd like too see Destro in LESS a SUPER HERO outfit and more true to his original, jacket and pant wearin' self.

Without taking it TOO literal....I think my point was evident in there somewhere. ;)

ya know..im so aggrivated at all the people complaining about some of these figures...or that we should be getting different versions of these figures...these are the best joes that have been put out since the original designs...even better that those...they arent all going to be perfect ok...but at least were getting there original looks...i mean the definitive versions of these characters...every time i look at some of the other figures like VvsV, or the DTC...i just dont get the sense of who they are suppose to be...i mean for instance...the old VvsV Firefly...looks nothing like him to me...i just dont see Firefly when i look at him...same goes for the majority of those figures...so please people, stop your bitching because this is probably going to be the end of the 3 3/4" line. Enjoy it.

Mr Creed, I dub thee...Sir Flamethrower. (lol) @smilepunch@

Ah, to be honest, I'm quite pleased with what I see with these figures, and I personally can't see any problems. But that's just me...

ya know..im so aggrivated at all the people complaining about some of these figures...or that we should be getting different versions of these figures...these are the best joes that have been put out since the original designs...even better that those...they arent all going to be perfect ok...but at least were getting there original looks...i mean the definitive versions of these characters...every time i look at some of the other figures like VvsV, or the DTC...i just dont get the sense of who they are suppose to be...i mean for instance...the old VvsV Firefly...looks nothing like him to me...i just dont see Firefly when i look at him...same goes for the majority of those figures...so please people, stop your bitching because this is probably going to be the end of the 3 3/4" line. Enjoy it.

Mr Creed, I dub thee...Sir Flamethrower. (lol) @smilepunch@

@loll@

flamethrower.gif@moon@ ahhhhh...toasty!

We'll keep b!tchin' about the toys....you can keep b!tchin' about our b!tchin'! ;)

Man great discussions going on with these new figures

There are some things about them that really need to be found out i.e.

Is Scarlett's hair stuck like that?

Is Gung-Ho's jacket removable?

CC's helmet removable?

lots of interesting stuff coming with these figures I hope we see more information about these soon

Guest DavAnthony

I think they look great. Some I'm less crazy about then others but I think the majority of them are really awesome, especially Roadblock and Snake Eyes (and I'm not a big fan of Snake Eyes).

They look better then the majority of stuff during JvsC and definatelty the VvsV era (at leas in my humble opinononae)

Dave

Yeah..yeah...yeah! @smilepunch@

Your point well taken, but I still don't like the tighty spandex suits that they're giving ALL the Joes lately, and solely for the purpose of adding some extra articulation, which wouldn't work as well on a figure that has cloths on that fit like NORMAL uniforms.

I grasp the fantasy aspect of ARAH and ALL it's glorious goofyness (especially in the outfit dept.) but bottomline is....I'd like too see Destro in LESS a SUPER HERO outfit and more true to his original, jacket and pant wearin' self.

Without taking it TOO literal....I think my point was evident in there somewhere. ;)

I was actually thinking similar. More like Destroy (especially) was a guy with black, leathery skin then a guy WEARING black leather.

But yeah, I'll say ONE thing about the "big headed" RAH figures...it works for Destro. To me it looks like a guy with a metal helmet. ALL the Destros, version 3 and later, have that weird "form fitting" helmet (I always wonder WHAT the cartoon Destroy was wearing that allowed him to have normal human facial expressions and move his mouth and such.).

Actually, it ISN'T Destro! It's a Night Creeper in disguise! Just look at the eyes (and the ankles)!

nightcreeper7_large.jpg

Man great discussions going on with these new figures

There are some things about them that really need to be found out i.e.

Is Scarlett's hair stuck like that?

Is Gung-Ho's jacket removable?

CC's helmet removable?

lots of interesting stuff coming with these figures I hope we see more information about these soon

How much are they gonna friggin' cost?

WHEN?

Who else?

Oh, wait, those are all other threads.

I found it interesting that ALL of them were pre-ball headed characters.

I was actually thinking similar. More like Destroy (especially) was a guy with black, leathery skin then a guy WEARING black leather.

But yeah, I'll say ONE thing about the "big headed" RAH figures...it works for Destro. To me it looks like a guy with a metal helmet. ALL the Destros, version 3 and later, have that weird "form fitting" helmet (I always wonder WHAT the cartoon Destroy was wearing that allowed him to have normal human facial expressions and move his mouth and such.).

Actually, it ISN'T Destro! It's a Night Creeper in disguise! Just look at the eyes (and the ankles)!

nightcreeper7_large.jpg

destro3.gifDestro3.jpg

I think BrotherShanes custom of him, is superb, and dead on, as far as how I (I emphasize..I here) think the mask/helmet should appear.

I don't like the skin tight cloths or mask on him.