Discuss the 25th Annv. FIGURES here

Crimson Twins

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is the first time I've ever seen a toy customed that's not even out yet! lol! Very cool! I was also thinkin' that it would be cool of Hasbro to offer a mail away Hooded Cobra Commander like back in the day. How sweet that would be?!

His helmet looks removable.

I don't see them doing that for Cobra Commander. Plus it would be hard to a removable mask on such a small figure (at least I think it would be), though the helmet would be easy.

I figure the mask would be attached to the helmet and it'd all be one piece that comes off and on.

Maybe, you never know.....but man his head would be really small going by the size of the helmet.

I want that stalker! seriously i wouldn't mind, i'd almost prefer if that v1 se mold was reused for that and some of the other orginals has it was accurate.

This is going to be the last warning I make. This thread is to talk about the figures. Nothing else. Not about mods, not about MC or memberships. Anyone who doesn't want talk about the figures needs to go elsewhere. The other threads got locked cause you guys couldnt stay on topic. Im not gonna have a another thread messed up over that crap. Anyone who can't abide by that and tries to push it will find they simply no longer have the ability to post here. So consider this your one warning to all.

Yeah. It's pretty much a case of, "I'm taking my ball and going home. If you don't like it, I'm telling!"

Waaah. People were discussing various things on a discussion board. The free exchange of ideas, whether popular or unpopular, really IS an atrocity, isn't it? Why better oneself and the system through (perhaps) harsh criticism when we can throw around our "power" (for having power on the internet is roughly the equivalent of owning a cap-gun in real life) like fascists?

Thanks for proving that the internet toughguy is still alive and well, Adolf.

----------------------

Now that that's out of the way, what's the deal with the o-rings? I probably could have gotten that information from another thread, but seeing as they've all been locked...

That Cobra Commander looks pretty sweet, regardless.

All the figures look pretty good overall, in my opinion.

Baroness: I don't really like her face and I do agree that her glasses look more like a superhero mask

Cobra Commander: he looks perfect, red trim on his gloves notwithstanding

Duke: I don't really like his face, but he might look better without the helmet

Gung Ho: I think his arms should be a lot bigger, but I still like him

Scarlett: this is the best version ever

Storm Shadow: excellent update, ninja slippers notwithstanding

Cobra trooper: probably my favorite one - I'd be tempted to buy more than one figure

Roadblock: looks good, but I'm already satisfied with the older RAH versions of him

Snake Eyes: same comment as Roadblock

I can't wait to see the rest of the figures.

PharmV

Destro_gold.jpg

Tweinzeirl Did you make these? They look Awesome. You got skills man! This pics deserve there own post called custom & foreign figures. So everyone can see them, otherwise people might not see them! i hope you dont mind if I borrow some of your pics, Please make more!

Now that that's out of the way, what's the deal with the o-rings? I probably could have gotten that information from another thread, but seeing as they've all been locked...

That Cobra Commander looks pretty sweet, regardless.

On looks ALONE...yeah, he's pretty sweet and right on the money as far as his original appearance. As an "action" figure of the year 2007, with claims of "better" or "more" articulation"....it's a cryin' shame, seeing how (it LOOKS) to have NO waist movement due to the lack of the O-ring, a pretty slick invention from WAAAY back when, that's been hard to out do, without ruining the aesthetic appeal of a given figure of this scale.

He's a SOLID piece, from the neck to the crotch, like a cheap knockoff action figure, you'd buy in a huge Red box at Walmart, in the generic toy section. He shore looks pretty though, but what a waste. :(

I think the issue I have with the Destro figure (and why I'm not too thrilled with it) is that his head is obviously too small, and they're (Hasbro) making him look like a Super Hero in tight spandex. <_<

It looks silly on him, and for a man of his stature/size, how ridiculous would that uniform look of somebody. He's NOT Spider Man for cryin' out loud.

At least the original version, gave him the appearance of having on regular pants and a COAT.

2destro.jpgDestroLarge.jpg

Y'know, at first I thought the exact same way you do VH, exactly. But...I don't know. I've warmed up to this figure and simply love it. Why? I think it looks exactly like he did in the old comic. And I really don't think his head is too small at all. But then again, I used to like Rob Liefield's artwork (New Mutants, Youngblood, Cable, etc.), and his characters suffered from Small-Head Syndrome. (lol) Seriously, I don't think his head seems small at all. I've studied the pic, and I think his head looks proportionate to the rest of his body. Maybe his legs could've been more muscular; maybe that's what makes him look a little different. They are a tad bit skinny. But overall I love it. I just can't get over the gauntlets. That's really a nice touch for me.

Guest DavAnthony
CobraCommanderLarge-1.jpg

does his torso bother anyone else?? i mean why the second belt and belt loops. it looks like he has his pants pulled up above his belly button like an old man.

That is where I think his waist ball joint is. If you have or have seen the ROTS "super-poseable" Obi-Wan Kenobi I think it is the same system.

Dave

does his torso bother anyone else?? i mean why the second belt and belt loops. it looks like he has his pants pulled up above his belly button like an old man.

He has the second belt because THAT WAS PART OF THE DESIGN OF THE ORIGINAL 1982 FIGURE. Horrors! How dare they!

As for certain folks stating claims about these figures in a fact-like manner : Judging things like missing articulation points from a single photo is stupid. I can guarantee you Cobra Commander has a waist joint. It's just hidden by the belt.

On looks ALONE...yeah, he's pretty sweet and right on the money as far as his original appearance. As an "action" figure of the year 2007, with claims of "better" or "more" articulation"....it's a cryin' shame, seeing how (it LOOKS) to have NO waist movement due to the lack of the O-ring, a pretty slick invention from WAAAY back when, that's been hard to out do, without ruining the aesthetic appeal of a given figure of this scale.

He's a SOLID piece, from the neck to the crotch, like a cheap knockoff action figure, you'd buy in a huge Red box at Walmart, in the generic toy section. He shore looks pretty though, but what a waste. :(

Strangely enough, I never noticed that when I first looked at the pic. All I saw was a great translation of the card art from CC v1. I see what you mean now that you pointed it out, though.

If the o-rings are going to be replaced in a sloppy, haphazard manner, then it will only work to the detriment of the line, most assuredly (if this stint can even be called a "line"). There's also the issue of these being prototypes...I doubt the final version will look as good.

I guess I'll just wait to see how they look on the shelves...maybe I'll buy one or two to see if the lack of an o-ring bothers me (probably will, knowing me, but stranger things have happened).

Still looks awesome, though...too bad looks aren't everything. @sad@

Man all these figures are awesome. I dont know who i like best, but i hope that rock and roll gets a look in and i dont really care what version. I hope we see a domestic release in Australia.

THAT should be interesting if you think about it. If we DO see guys like Rock & Roll or Grunt, those version 1s probably wouldn't make for that great an update, would they? They were just so...bland.

So far I like what I see, especially Storm Shadow and Roadblock, but I wish they released a Long Haired Scarlett, keep our fingers crossed for Cover Girl!

Look at the pic closely. Unless she has a fin growing out of her arm, that looks like hair.

hair.jpg

Yeah...I'd say with some different pics, we'll see that she has a long ponytail flippin' around back there. ^_^

So far I like what I see, especially Storm Shadow and Roadblock, but I wish they released a Long Haired Scarlett, keep our fingers crossed for Cover Girl!

Look at the pic closely. Unless she has a fin growing out of her arm, that looks like hair.

hair.jpg

Yeah...I'd say with some different pics, we'll see that she has a long ponytail flippin' around back there. ^_^

And it would be interesting if it was "articulated" as well (as opposed to being stuck behind her right shoulder permanently).

HAHA! Articulated hair. Awesome.

Hey - if she doesn't have articulated hair, we can start a phone campaign to Hasbro. On April 1st, all of us can call and complain about lack of hair articulation.

Honestly, I haven't really looked closely at all the figure pictures yet - I guess I am still in awe - but after looking at that picture of Scarlett again - DANG! The long hair makes the figure even better, in my opinion.

Interesting though, that they elected to cover up the long hair by posing her arm like that. Coincidence?

Would they try to hide it on purpose? If so, then I imagine they would have tucked it behind her back for the photo if it were articulated.

Then again - it is Hasbro. We're talking about a company that releases promo pictures of Transformers that are improperly transformed...

scarlettpt.jpg