Discuss the 25th Annv. FIGURES here

Crimson Twins

Before this even starts, please don't post any pics of the figure that were leaked out earlier today. I'd like to try to keep this halfway official, and discuss the figures as they are officially released. So, next in line will be Gung Ho, and pics will be coming once available here on TNI.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen Gung Ho yet, but for those who have, does he have his V1 light blue color? Or is it an updated color, tha'ts the one thing that I would change, kinda looked a little village people-ish in that sky blue uniform, lol.

I haven't seen Gung Ho yet, but for those who have, does he have his V1 light blue color? Or is it an updated color, tha'ts the one thing that I would change, kinda looked a little village people-ish in that sky blue uniform, lol.

It's green now.

I think he's pretty sweet. Has that real Marine look on his face, excellent job with the tattoo, but I wish his arms would be a little bulkier. Gung-Ho was typically the second biggest Joe on the roster next to Roadblock, he should have more muscular arms.....the chest is ripped, why not the arms. The weird way he has to hold the pistol and the over-bulky holster on his right thigh are a bit disappointing as well. He is extremely awesome all the same, probably my second fav so far to Storm Shadow.

Please make these things less than $10 a piece. I want to be able to eat this summer.

They all look good!

Snake-Eyes - a bit of a shocker for me. Looks great, although I thought they'd go with the v2 style.

Roadblock - awesome!

Cobra Commander - looks good, hopefully they'll move his logo over a little more

Destro - nice to see in original outfit, although looks a little wonky

Baroness - looks good, her glasses remind me of the v1 figure

Cobra Trooper - very cool, let the army building begin. :D

Gung Ho - He looks good, I don't understand the shoulder rivets though

Oh this sounds great. Havent seen the pic yet but cant wait till it shows up later today. So far they've got 3 Joe members which i feel are some of the core Joe characters. Duke, Scarlett and Gung Ho. I hope they are able to make Roadblock cause he's another one of my favorites and essential joes in my opinion. I'm sure Snake Eyes is making the cut so i'm glad they are showing some of the other characters before him..

I guess we will find out the release date and price point at Toy Fair. I believe that they will be released April/May and the prices will be $7-10 bucks., kinda in line with the Star Wars VOTC figures. Any other thoughts on the matter?

that is what id assumed the price would be too. if they have retro packaging i'll buy em. if they havea a mini comic and make a quick kick i'll buy 3

OMG these things are just so cool. Most of them even have their classic weapons. This honestly I think is going to be the best toyline for 2007. If these don't sell well then I don't know what will.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!

why did hasbro do this? just when i had made peace with the fact i would only buy vintage figures! the new figures look awsome a few problem here and there..but over all waaaaay better then JvC,spy troops and VvV

TM

Ill be getting the whole set, but Destros legs look freakishly long. It seems that even with this new sculpt type they still have problems with the proportions.

Of the first 10 I'd say that Snake Eyes looks the best.

His head looks a little pea headed too, for being a mask, that is.

Ill be getting the whole set, but Destros legs look freakishly long. It seems that even with this new sculpt type they still have problems with the proportions.

Of the first 10 I'd say that Snake Eyes looks the best.

His head looks a little pea headed too, for being a mask, that is.

Must be all the flesh that burned off his face. @firedevil@

I've begun saving money in a jar for these new Joes.

Actually, a jar is a bit of an understatement. Anyone ever buy cheeseballs from SAM's? Then you'll know just how big my saving 'jar' is. I think I will buy all of these. After seeing the four that have been officially released, and the others that were leaked this morning, my jar might not be big enough.

I've begun saving money in a jar for these new Joes.

Actually, a jar is a bit of an understatement. Anyone ever buy cheeseballs from SAM's? Then you'll know just how big my saving 'jar' is. I think I will buy all of these. After seeing the four that have been officially released, and the others that were leaked this morning, my jar might not be big enough.

I've got an empty Water Cooler jug... when filled, it holds about 500 bucks. I may need another one tho...)

One common & fearful term in the world of toys that has recently crept up into my mind - "Completest."

I have a question.

Do these figures come with Stands? Just curious. You know a lot of the newer star wars figures have come with stands.

It would be pretty cool to have a GIJOE stand and then 25h Anniversary or something stamped on them.

just wondering.

Well, I have a question. Now that we know the first 10 figures. When do you think we will be seeing more pics of new ones we don't know? Still it hasn't been posted of what the prices will be. What we do know is that the only figures shown so far have been from the first 3 years of Joe. I like them all. I think it's awesome they're doing this.

Seriously, they need to hire someone who's job is to do nothing but pose figures for their promo shots. I could come up with twenty better poses than they have presented us within about 5 minutes.

I am rather certain Hasbro does, and that is who has posed and taken the picture. a major company like Hasbro isn't just handing out a camera to the secretary to take promo pics of product.

Undoubtedly earning just over minimum wage then....because they SUCK at their job specialty. Do the shots like the ones of the Microman figures, they have on Coreys site, in all the various poses.

It has finally occured to me, that all that Hasbro EVER needed to do, was just release the SAME characters, in their SAME original uniforms and different only in scale or style.

Duke in his original garb like this, in a 12", 8" 2.75" 4", mini bust, statue, hood ornament, ventriloquist dummy, Power Ranger, Marvel Legend knockoff, you NAME IT toy brand....

would have all you 30-somethings wettin' yer britches?

Seriously, they need to hire someone who's job is to do nothing but pose figures for their promo shots. I could come up with twenty better poses than they have presented us within about 5 minutes.

I am rather certain Hasbro does, and that is who has posed and taken the picture. a major company like Hasbro isn't just handing out a camera to the secretary to take promo pics of product.

Undoubtedly earning just over minimum wage then....because they SUCK at their job specialty. Do the shots like the ones of the Microman figures, they have on Coreys site, in all the various poses.

I am sure they have someone on their pay role that does promo shots of all (or alot) of their toys but the problem is that guy probably takes pictures of all their board games, all their RC Cars, Transformers, everything. The lighting and such is really great and he does a great job with that. But I don't think the guys knows how to "play" with action figures.

It has finally occured to me, that all that Hasbro EVER needed to do, was just release the SAME characters, in their SAME original uniforms and different only in scale or style.

Duke in his original garb like this, in a 12", 8" 2.75" 4", mini bust, statue, hood ornament, ventriloquist dummy, Power Ranger, Marvel Legend knockoff, you NAME IT toy brand....

would have all you 30-somethings wettin' yer britches?

Maybe for alot of these guys but not in my case. To be honest I am not really even diggin the "costume" choices for a lot of these. I wish they were more modern looking and not so retro 80's. BUT the detailing and articulation and style of these figures is incredible. WHat excites me most is what could possibly happen after they stop with the rehashing of the 80's costumes. Hopefully we get some more modern and reenvisioned character designs in this samestyle.