Discuss the 25th Annv. FIGURES here

Crimson Twins

I really like the look of the Scarlett figure, its definetely one if not the best female sculpt that Hasbro

has ever done. I'm a fan of the Duke to even though the head has something off about it.

My favorites in are in this order

Storm Shadow

Scarlett

Duke

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, we get to see the new torso fully! It is...different. Definatelly got see how these play out in hand.

The torso just makes her look weird and will take some getting used to.

The crossbow is kinda lame. I actually liked the JvC one that came with the arrow.

They STILL can't put the gun in the hand correctly! What the hell?

There really isn't a lot to say about the figure it being rather...plain.

I could be wrong but I think SS and Duke have upper torso joints too

Edit: I am starting wonder if they have waist articulation

It looks like they do, but they have to much stuff blocking (guns and bandoleers and such) to really tell. Logically though, if Scarlett does, they would to.

Sweet. I'm diggin' it. Very nice...

It looks as if Hasbro is doing exactly what I hoped they would do; making Star Wars VOTC-style figures for their anniversary line-up. I have said in the past that I don't prefer the Marvel Legends-type of articulation, that it lends itself to awkward, loose joints. But if these figures end up having tight joints like the VOTC figures do, then it won't be a problem for me. I'm just like others here in that I hope they follow suit and make vintage-style card backs. That will be awesome beyond words if they do.

I feel like a kid at Christmas Eve with anticipation. I can't wait to get my hands on this Scarlett. I loved this Scarlett so much that I just watched GIOJOE RAH pilot just so I could see Duke and Scarlett.

She looks awesome! The best female joe I have ever seen! I hope she comes with her arrow back-pack that drapes over her body.

Looks like Hasbro is doing to GIJOE what it did with Transformers Classics. Between the Seekers Starscream, Skywarp, and Ramjet, and now with these Classic Joes I am in Sunbow productions heaven.

It makes me feel like a kid all over again:)

I can't wait to see Cobra Commander and the Baroness. Please make a Tomax and Xamot!

First of all let me say how very excited I am about these figures so far. They all look great and I am totally diggin the new body construction and detailing. For the first time in a while I am excited about joe again.

The only thing that is bothering me about these thus far is that they are so heavily based on their 80's designs. Duke and Scarlet's outfits just look so dated to me. So 80's. FOr all the faults that JvC and VvV had, at least they modernized Joe and it's characters in outfits designed for the new melinium. While I love the attention Hasbo is paying to making the "definitive" version of the characters, I wish they were going with a bit more modern look.

But I suppose that is a minor gripe.

I look at this 25th anniversery line as a spring board of things to come (Much like the Stars and Stripes box set was a few years ago). I hope they not only continue past the first 25 figures in remaking the classic 80's joes in their iconic looks, but I also they apply this new sculpting detail and new articulation style to more modern interpritations of our favorite characters. A Devil's Due Shipwreck would look AWESOME in this style. Not to mention a DD serpentor, DD Mindbender and many other DD designs.

And there have been some very interesting NEW characters that I think should eventually get made in this new style. Barrell Roll, Bombstrike, Hightech, Lt. Stone (From sigma 6), Kamakura.

I really do hope this doesn't end with just these 25 25th figures.

After seeing the pic of Scarlett I am starting to dislike this line of toys. The sculpt details are wonderful, but I hate the style of articulation. They really are just becoming superhero showdown toys with marvel legends style articulation, which in my mind is overkill. I would have liked it more had they continued what they were doing at the end of the DTC line with injection molded articulation.

Now I'm not sure whether or not I will buy these. What a disappointment!!

3 for 3 so far Hasbro(though ya messed me up! i figured cobra joe cobra in that order but ya went cobra joe joe BAH!)

These are THE Gi Joe figures, screw RAH JvC and V v V(though i still like alot from em) Joe figures like they should be, o-ringless but still good artic and good sculpts with the classic looks everyone knows and loves.

Hasbro is getting all my money this year, from ML to TF Classics and now 25th Ann Joes.

Since these are protos we dont even know for sure what their accesories will be. We might get all new sculpts with character weapons, just like the old days. Maybe the old sculpt items we see are mearly place holders for new weapons that were not ready for the test shots.

I really hope so...

i've noticed something about the release of these figures that might just be a coincidence, or maybe a bit more. So far, they've released pics of three figures, and all three are part of the Sigma 6 line up. Could it be that they're thinking is that these names are fresh in the minds of would be consumers?

Maybe... The thing is, these three figures have always been iconic Joes. I'm sure they're thinking that the Sigma Six kids will recognize the names, though. I hope so too, but only to a point. I'd be more than a little peeved if Heavy Duty made the list for the 25, for example. Not saying I'd mind him in a (much) later wave if they did one, but something would be fishy if he made the cut instead of Stalker, Bazooka, Dusty, Snowjob, etc... (ESPECIALLY Roadblock... You know, I'd probably be a lot more Sigma Six friendly if it was Roadblock instead of him.)

The sculpt details are wonderful, but I hate the style of articulation. They really are just becoming superhero showdown toys with marvel legends style articulation, which in my mind is overkill. I would have liked it more had they continued what they were doing at the end of the DTC line with injection molded articulation.

I am definitely a part of that group of individuals that believes over-articulation does indeed exist. I posted as much in the DC forum when addressing some of the new figures and expressed the hope they (DC w/ Mattel) don't go the direction of Marvel Legends in regard to articulation. This was mostly based on the fact the females don't really look a lot like females.

(Topic: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2029800 )

All that said, this Joe line has me raising my eyebrows in interest....at least, so far.... we'll see what Scarlett looks like in person.

The only thing that is bothering me about these thus far is that they are so heavily based on their 80's designs. Duke and Scarlet's outfits just look so dated to me. So 80's. FOr all the faults that JvC and VvV had, at least they modernized Joe and it's characters in outfits designed for the new melinium. While I love the attention Hasbo is paying to making the "definitive" version of the characters, I wish they were going with a bit more modern look.

They've been trying to do that for the past five years or so, didn't quite work out. They needed to get back to the basics. I sure wouldn't be interested in these if they weren't the RAH versions of these characters - this is exactly what they needed to do.

If the line takes off, though, I wouldn't mind it if they started doing a few Devil's Due versions here and there, but not for the first wave, certainly not for a RAH Anniversary line anyway.

The sculpt details are wonderful, but I hate the style of articulation. They really are just becoming superhero showdown toys with marvel legends style articulation, which in my mind is overkill. I would have liked it more had they continued what they were doing at the end of the DTC line with injection molded articulation.

I am definitely a part of that group of individuals that believes over-articulation does indeed exist. I posted as much in the DC forum when addressing some of the new figures and expressed the hope they (DC w/ Mattel) don't go the direction of Marvel Legends in regard to articulation. This was mostly based on the fact the females don't really look a lot like females.

(Topic: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?showtopic=2029800 )

All that said, this Joe line has me raising my eyebrows in interest....at least, so far.... we'll see what Scarlett looks like in person.

I gotta say I agree... The new waist articulation MIGHT cause me not to get these. I think I probably will, but it's something that's just teetering on the edge with me. If they start crapping out on accessories it might push me over the edge, but I think I can deal with the "chest joint". I think it will end up being something that can look okay in some poses, but not all...

This may be somewhere on another post but i could not find it... how will these figures be packaged? and what outlets will sell them?

I was told they would be multi-packs--which could mean anything from 2 to 5 figures per pack, and they have MULTIPLE retailer support.

Also that the line is ON-GOING, meaning it will very likely go beyond 2007 and that the 25 are the first of the figures coming.

Now, I may have interpreted that info wrong, but that is how it rang in my head. Please wait and see.

This may be somewhere on another post but i could not find it... how will these figures be packaged? and what outlets will sell them?

I was told they would be multi-packs--which could mean anything from 2 to 5 figures per pack, and they have MULTIPLE retailer support.

Also that the line is ON-GOING, meaning it will very likely go beyond 2007 and that the 25 are the first of the figures coming.

Now, I may have interpreted that info wrong, but that is how it rang in my head. Please wait and see.

Sounds good to me, I just hope that HASBRO does not change anything on these figures when they retail, on going is great news and I cannot wait to see more of the figures.

Have you heard anything about any other GIJOE product coming out this year? I remember reading a rumor some where last year about a new 8inch line.

im really hoping for a new quick kick since that whole 'no dead characters' thing in the past. i suspect that the rule no longer applies to this line. i suspect they are going to make the most popular characters based on who was popular in the cartoon. i REALLY believe this after seeing scarlet and seeing her appearance being more faithful to the toon.

Have you heard anything about any other GIJOE product coming out this year? I remember reading a rumor some where last year about a new 8inch line.

I know very little actually. What I was told has actually all been revealed as of this point in time. Anything else that comes along will be as much a surprise to me as it will be to anyone else.

I did not know what characters were planned, nor specific details of the articulation. I was told that there were lots of characters planned, that they would be VERY articulated, and based on definitive looks of the core characters. Also that the line was to be on-going and had the support of multiple retailers. I was told that the line would be very cool. That's it in its entirety.

The only other thing I know of is news that's been out for a while and that is 12" Adventure Team figure(s) released in venues like Urban Outfitters. But that's been known for at least a few weeks now.

In about 3 weeks we'll ALL get a good idea of what's coming for the year.

I really like the new 25 Anniversary Figs. I may still be a little upset with the whole Sigma six Fiasco. Just don't under stand why they could not have don this with the Sigma six stuff, I would have bought every one of them, Even the 8" stuff the are cool to, my Kids Like them I like them.

As for the new stuff, My First pic out of the Three would have to be Storm Shadow he looks cool and every thing looks clean. Then there is Scarlet even though she is still in her old style off clothing it works for me. Just wish they would do something totally new with Duke; maybe make a 3 3/4 Sigma 6 Duke or maybe a Black Ops suite for him. If I go look in my collection I know I am going to come across about 6 Deferent Dukes, just don't know witch I like the most.

I wouldn't mind a couple 5-packs and then some supporting single packs and some pack in figures with some small to medium vehicles...

then throw the Flagg and terrordrome at us(yeah right)...but honestly, the Star Wars Battle apcks sell like hot cakes, so I can see these doing good as 5-packs.

I wouldn't mind a couple 5-packs and then some supporting single packs and some pack in figures with some small to medium vehicles...

then throw the Flagg and terrordrome at us(yeah right)...but honestly, the Star Wars Battle apcks sell like hot cakes, so I can see these doing good as 5-packs.

I'm going to speculate out loud here, just for the sake of it:

Assuming that the rumour of a ON-GOING line is true, there's some things to consider here.

One is that these figures are more complex than any of the previous 3 3/4" figures before them. The multi-part, all-new cast parts for these things probably cost a LOT in new tooling and design work. Hasbro is going to want to recoup that.

My GUESS, is that if the line is going to continue past 2007, and include new product beyond the 25 figures, then some degree of re-use is going to take place.

That, to my mind, suggests including whole figures---repainted, re-decoed, or even just as is, with something like vehicles or playsets. It gets more mileage out of the new molds, helps cue in some new product and keeps things "fresh".

I don't think many would mind seeing the Cobra Soldiers/Officers re-used over again with a COBRA vehicle, for example. A Duke with jeep, Duke with sub, Duke with bunk, Duke with jet, Duke with....might get to be a hassle, but we'd get new stuff with it--most likely.

Hasbro has ALWAYS played it savvy with their lines. If this is just a one-time, celebrate-then-close-the-case-file, last-gasp kind of thing, then fine.

If its really the first steps of a renewed long-term plan then I sense we are going to see a LOT of some of these figures over time.