Discuss the 25th Annv. FIGURES here

Crimson Twins

I'm diggin' Scarlett!

I hope they add waist articulation, but I can understand why they did what they did and had the mid torso articulation. The lack of a waist articulation also allows Hasbro to retain Scarlett's feminine form a little better.

Looking good, I can't wait to see tomorrow's figure!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many of the issues people are finding with these figures are due to the horrific posing jobs hasbro seems to pull on their figures.

Seriously, they need to hire someone who's job is to do nothing but pose figures for their promo shots. I could come up with twenty better poses than they have presented us within about 5 minutes.

I dont mind the torso swivel when it's hidden, SS looks to have one, but most of it will be hidden by the black belt going across his torso, Duke might have it too, it's hard to tell, but His upper body looks a little bigger than the lower one.. and he has that belt, so I'm guessing he does too...

They should give Scarlet some holster of arrows or something, with a belt going across her torso, that way it'd hide that "joint" better...

yup, I am pretty sure I see it on SS, and Duke's waist seems like it probably lacks any articulation and is one piece like Scarlett, but the waistbelt adds depth in the pic that prohibits any certainty of this. same with SS. if that is the case, and the figures all have the abdomen articulation instead of the waist standard across the board, I am more inclined to enjoy it. minus a few extra articulations for certain figures, I would prefer they all have some sort of standard construction.

that being said, going back to some descriptions of Scarlett earlier that mentioned a pony tail, I just don't see it. the hair seems to pull backwards, but that could just be to replicate the short hair from the original card art or figure, but I don't see any sign of a pony tail.

Seriously, they need to hire someone who's job is to do nothing but pose figures for their promo shots. I could come up with twenty better poses than they have presented us within about 5 minutes.

I am rather certain Hasbro does, and that is who has posed and taken the picture. a major company like Hasbro isn't just handing out a camera to the secretary to take promo pics of product.

that being said, going back to some descriptions of Scarlett earlier that mentioned a pony tail, I just don't see it. the hair seems to pull backwards, but that could just be to replicate the short hair from the original card art or figure, but I don't see any sign of a pony tail.

Right elbow, emerging underneath from behind , lad.

And you can see a bit of her orange hair just above the bicep, and on the right side of her collar.

That's a pony tail.

Either that, or MAMA, she's got some weird-ass hairy back! <shudders>

the ponytail looks like a spike coming out of her right elbow (left when you're looking at it).

oops, ARROW beat me to it.

look right next to her right side of her turtleneck.. you'll see a hint of red.. same with right above her right shoulder and then peaking out at her elbow... there's a ponytail there for sure.

EDIT.. CT and ARROW beat me, lol

I think many of the issues people are finding with these figures are due to the horrific posing jobs hasbro seems to pull on their figures.

Amen. I want to know it is that has been working at Hasbro since 1982 that poses the figures holdilg rifles as if they are handguns.

I havent been into Gijoe for quite sometime now, but if Hasbro can really make the retail figures look like these prototype pics I'll be a Joe fan all over again......I just hope they do Tomax, Xamot and Serpentor (all in their original suits). I'd still prefer a ML style joe line, but this line is really looking good to me.....cant wait. :)

look right next to her right side of her turtleneck.. you'll see a hint of red.. same with right above her right shoulder and then peaking out at her elbow... there's a ponytail there for sure.

are you sure, I thought she just had a red spike protruding from her elbow? interesting.

personally, I would have prefered the butch haircut from the original art and figure, though I am certain I am in the minority. having served in the military, I can assure you most females in the service aren't pleasant on the eyes or very feminine, and if Scarlett existed she would probably be as manly as I am, minus the 10 am 5 o'clock shadow.

I too kind of like the seperate threads, maybe if we play nicely together we'll get them back, but the mods have spoken and I will obey. Still it's going to be much harder for people to find opinions on certain figures if they're all in one thread, y'know?

Anyway Scarlet is awesome, she's a babe. Blows any other scarlet away. I think my line up is now Storm Shadow > Scarlet > Duke

I really don't like the Duke figure for a couple reasons, his face sculpt looks odd, reminds me more of the annoying guy from night at the museum than some chiseled soldier leader type. Almost looks like he has an overweight face on this basketball players body. He's the only one that's a big IF on my want list. The other 2 are must haves. I can't wait to see who pops up tomorrow!

are you sure, I thought she just had a red spike protruding from her elbow? interesting.

personally, I would have prefered the butch haircut from the original art and figure, though I am certain I am in the minority. having served in the military, I can assure you most females in the service aren't pleasant on the eyes or very feminine, and if Scarlett existed she would probably be as manly as I am, minus the 10 am 5 o'clock shadow.

unless she was in the Air Force. They get the good looking ones.

But hey, since when has GI Joe conformed to the reality of our military stereotypes? I kinda dig the look she has. I think it's the best Scarlett I've seen. I'll give it that much.

unless she was in the Air Force. They get the good looking ones.

But hey, since when has GI Joe conformed to the reality of our military stereotypes? I kinda dig the look she has. I think it's the best Scarlett I've seen. I'll give it that much.

I'll give you that, but not by much. Sailor chicks, though, I wouldn't let polish my steel toes.

My favs in this order are

Scarlett

Storm Shadow

Duke

Draven

StormShodow takes Scarlett's place in my list;

StormShodow

Scarlett

Duke

I wanna see some more Cobra's made. :)

I am rather certain Hasbro does, and that is who has posed and taken the picture. a major company like Hasbro isn't just handing out a camera to the secretary to take promo pics of product.

This guy needs to lose his job then.

Me, without even giving it much thought:

FF001.jpg

Hasbro, after many shots, and many attempts at catching the "right" pose for their promo:

FF.jpg

Guest DavAnthony

Scarlet is the first figure I can say I'm not that crazy about. Her face is way too stylized and anime for me, the body looks good though. I'd say a more realistic and less mutated noggin and the figure would be something that I like.

I'm willing to bet tomorrow is Snake Eyes, I'm interested to see how he looks and I don't even really like the character that much.

Since these are protos we dont even know for sure what their accesories will be. We might get all new sculpts with character weapons, just like the old days. Maybe the old sculpt items we see are mearly place holders for new weapons that were not ready for the test shots. Im blown away by what ive seen so far, cant wait to see whats next. Kinda a bummer con is in sept, we would have been able to see these in person before the release. Oh well, at least we'll get good pics from toyfair in a few weeks.

is anyone else noticing a kinda sigma six look to the duke and scarlet faces/heads... i'm still only likeing the stormshadow (despite some things) the scarlet is ok... it looks to much like all of the ml customs i've seen on here.(they were good custsom) i just don't really like how her torso looks... and her face. the duke... meh... he sucks.

order i like them in

Snake Eyes

Scarlet

Duke

*= figures that will hopefully fill the gaps...

Hey guys. Jumping on board here.

Well it is fun to get to see so much discussion in the Joe Forum. I have been checking out the pics of each release so far & am liking what I have seen after just these three pictures so far.

It is really hard to truly judge whether or not I like something based on one promo pose for the figure. There are so many future stages of the release cycle that allow for a better observation to be made of a product. You have pictures of the promo figure, the in package figure, the first picture of the "mass distribution figure" and then finally the multiple, out of package pictures of the mass distribution picture.

Also note that Hasbro tends to mis-transform their Transformers all the time, so the secretary may very well take all the pictures.

As for the newest figure - Scarlett - While the waist articulation looks a bit odd, I can't help but think the pose and the angle of the picture contribute to the bit of oddness. Gotta see it in person.

I'm on the side of the fence that thinks the face sculpt looks great, actually.

I wish they could give us higher res pictures, too. But hey - it's fun watching them be released each day.

i've noticed something about the release of these figures that might just be a coincidence, or maybe a bit more. So far, they've released pics of three figures, and all three are part of the Sigma 6 line up. Could it be that they're thinking is that these names are fresh in the minds of would be consumers? And if these are the ones that are going to be released at retail first that might make sense. It would give the younger crowd that only knows GI Joe as Sigma 6 a chance to grasp onto names that they already know a little bit about. If that were the case, I would say that perhaps the ones that would make the first 'wave' would be comprised of figures that have a Sigma 6 counterpart. The list would still be a nice one for the rest of us not that into S6. It could look like this:

Storm Shadow

Duke

Scarlett

Snake Eyes

Cobra Commander

Zartan

Destro

Buzzer

Cobra Trooper

Firefly

Those are already 10 names. If they released them as waves this would be more than enough for a first wave. And I don't think many of us would be mad to get any of those names in the style that we've seen so far.

Or, I could just be looking way too much into things. This is Hasbro after all.

These figs look great! I know they dont 'fit in' with classic sculpt joes, but we have enough of those with the original line and the 3 and 6 packs. I know a lot of us asked for Marvel Legends style Joes - these are them, but with the bonus of being 3 3/4 scale. It's great to see the classic designs updated with today's tech, like the Transformers Classics line. After losing interest in the new-mold joes, I think I'll pick up most of these if they keep this up.

We can only hope they come out in Vintage style packaging - then we'll have to worry about keeping one MOC...