Discuss the 25th Annv. FIGURES here

Crimson Twins

Just thought I would have one consolidated post where you could all discuss the actual figures as they are revealed. There's really only one rule. No mention of MC or anything regarding the release of the pics. I will edit this post with links to the official TNI new posts about the new figs as TNI gets them. That way, if you want to comment on the figure, or read other's comments on the figures, you don't have to read through 50 posts of arguments. And if you feel like talking about a figure that we got pics of earlier, you don't have to dig up the older thread. So, without further ado, onto the discussion about the new figures. Pics can be found here:

http://toynewsi.com/article.php?itemid=10748

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUT OF THE THREE strom shadow @faint@ the only on thats

got a hole in my collection the other 2 are great but missing some thing

but its early days yet @grumpy@

not the moment SS is the only one i do like @yipee@ @yipee@ ##1#

robuk @dumbpc@

So, out of the 25, who do we know is being made?

I got this many.

1. Snake Eyes

2. Scarlet

3. Flint

4. Lady Jaye

5. Duke

6. Beach Head

7. Cobra Commander

8. Serpentor

9. Buzzer

10. Storm Shadow

11. Cobra Trooper

12. Cobra Officer

Any word on the others?

I hear you JoeRhyno but why then close all the other threads?

That way the those who wish to discuss the pre-TNI released photos and/or MC photos can do so without upsetting the order of the pinned thread here?

All you are doing is opening this thread up to the same issue unless someone opens a separate thread on that stuff.

Not to start an argument about this issue here but since the others are closed now I didnt know where else to ask the question.

I hear you JoeRhyno but why then close all the other threads?

That way the those who wish to discuss the pre-TNI released photos and/or MC photos can do so without upsetting the order of the pinned thread here?

All you are doing is opening this thread up to the same issue unless someone opens a separate thread on that stuff.

Not to start an argument about this issue here but since the others are closed now I didnt know where else to ask the question.

To be simple...

You all need to knock this crap off, 3 days of this. If you don't like how MC and Hasbro are releaseing these then let them know, but this squabling here on these boards every day isn't going to acomplish anything.

We don't need it, here or the other threads, talk about the figures, plain and simple.

We don't need it, here or the other threads, talk about the figures, plain and simple.

Well, it sort of defeats the purpose to this whole Discussion board thing if we can only discuss specifically the things you allow us to discuss and no more.

But hey, your board, your rules, so be it.

I actually prefer seperate threads for each figure. :D

I am with you on that one. I see no reason why the other thread should be close. It kinda suck the fun out of the forum

Since the other thread is locked I want to say that Scarlet is looking like yet another exellent figure. Better than Duke but not quite as good as Storm Shadow. That's not to say Scarlet has any noticable flaws but rather Storm Shadow is just a cool character design wise.

I liked the seperate threads too. Nothing against all of you that make the decisions but some times I get that "I don't like the way you are playing so I'm taking my ball and going home" attitude from you sometimes. Just sayin...

This is going to be the last warning I make. This thread is to talk about the figures. Nothing else. Not about mods, not about MC or memberships. Anyone who doesn't want talk about the figures needs to go elsewhere. The other threads got locked cause you guys couldnt stay on topic. Im not gonna have a another thread messed up over that crap. Anyone who can't abide by that and tries to push it will find they simply no longer have the ability to post here. So consider this your one warning to all.

I'm not impressed really. Scarlets legs have a very strange shape around the knees and they seem too long for the torso. Duke seems to have the long legs and I cant tell with Stormy due to the way he's posed.

Of course all would be forgiven if they included a Dr Venom in the lineup.;)

I see that she does not have waist swivel. This dosnt bother me as much as it will some. Its a more natural and realistic joint.

This is from the other thread...

Natural and realistic? How so? Having the articulation near the waist is much better from a design perspective, as it's hidden by the belt, pants and shirt and doesn't get in the way of the sculpt. It's no more "natural" than having the joint lower either, as the whole midsection moves naturally, not the upper part only.

I was hoping there'd be either waist articulation only (as in o-ringed figures) or, if we need to have that ML-style joint, both the upper and lower abdomen articulation. Just the upper joint kind of bugs me.

Well since this new thread is about all of the Anniversary figures, I'll list them in order of how much I like them:

Storm Shadow

Scarlett

Duke

I'm hoping for another Cobra to be shown tomorrow. Or maybe a Dreadnok! :D

I actually prefer seperate threads for each figure. :D

I am with you on that one. I see no reason why the other thread should be close. It kinda suck the fun out of the forum

Ditto.

I see that she does not have waist swivel. This dosnt bother me as much as it will some. Its a more natural and realistic joint.

Natural and realistic? How so? Having the articulation near the waist is much better from a design perspective, as it's hidden by the belt, pants and shirt and doesn't get in the way of the sculpt. It's no more "natural" than having the joint lower either, as the whole midsection moves naturally, not the upper part only.

I was hoping there'd be either waist articulation only (as in o-ringed figures) or, if we need to have that ML-style joint, both the upper and lower abdomen articulation. Just the upper joint kind of bugs me.

The twist and turn of the human torso happens mostly around the ribcage area anyway, human waists don't swivel so the articulation on the figure is more accurate for the human form.

The waist artie might be present on some figures and not on others, much like the forearm swivel. On some figures ( I'd hazard one being Flint) the swivel will likely be at the wrist because the figure has gloves, iirc.

So, out of the 25, who do we know is being made?

I got this many.

1. Snake Eyes

2. Scarlet

3. Flint

4. Lady Jaye

5. Duke

6. Beach Head

7. Cobra Commander

8. Serpentor

9. Buzzer

10. Storm Shadow

11. Cobra Trooper

12. Cobra Officer

Any word on the others?

Hasbro hasn't officially announce some of those yet. Until they do, I think we are better off to take that list with a grain of salt. I don't want folks to get there hope up on figures that doesn't get release. Just my opinion

I agree, and while I do like the figure, I do not need an absolutely accurate portrayal of the human anatomy on my action figure if this is what it is attempting with the articulation on the abdomen.

my main interest in the figure is its visual appeal and poseability. and while Scarlett does maintain the poseability, it does so possibly at the expense of its visual appeal. now, I do not know if they attempted to make a waist articulation and it prohibited the feminine shape they were able to achieve with the abdoment articulation, which achieves the same poseability, but if it was possible I definitely would have prefered it at the waist. but if the waist would have somehow affected the shape, I am satisifed with what they went with.

my main interest in the figure is its visual appeal and poseability. and while Scarlett does maintain the poseability, it does so possibly at the expense of its visual appeal. now, I do not know if they attempted to make a waist articulation and it prohibited the feminine shape they were able to achieve with the abdoment articulation, which achieves the same poseability, but if it was possible I definitely would have prefered it at the waist. but if the waist would have somehow affected the shape, I am satisifed with what they went with.

Yeah, I mean, I don't MIND it that much... Like I said about Duke, I think she'll look a lot better in hand, or in better pics. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting every one of these figures, but still... It bugs me a little.

I hope that's not one of those crappy pistols we've been seeing reused. I don't mind a few figures using the same weapons, especially when it comes to secondary sidearms, but I really want a clean slate when it comes to new weapons molds. Hasbro has crapped out on us in the past BIG TIME with regards to accessories, and this line isn't the time to half-arse it.

I dont mind the torso swivel when it's hidden, SS looks to have one, but most of it will be hidden by the black belt going across his torso, Duke might have it too, it's hard to tell, but His upper body looks a little bigger than the lower one.. and he has that belt, so I'm guessing he does too...

They should give Scarlet some holster of arrows or something, with a belt going across her torso, that way it'd hide that "joint" better...