I KNEW IT!!!

madman1366

Read it and weep.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?p=1051631

I was just going to start a thread about this too. I had a feeling that is looking like it very well will be true. The rest of the seekers we wanted to see, at least I'm guessing, will be super overpriced con exclusives. @grumpy@

My gut tells me there will be a Thundercracker and Sunstorm for sure, and possibly a Thrust and Dirge. My guess is 2 will be in the boxed set and the other 2, if done, will be seperate exclusives like they've done both of the last 2 years.

While they may not do ALL the remaining seekers, I think it's safe to say that at least ONE of them will be in the set.

This just pisses me off!!! Last year didn't bother me. The Ironhide and Ratchet REALLY made me mad....this will go one step beyond I'm sure.

Any other thoughts? Comments? Mad fits?

What bugs me is they are doing stuff like this but they havn't even got the main combiner guy out yet... just put it all out and be done with lol!

I REALLY just wanted to have a nice complete set of updated seekers and I really thought that this time we might just get them all.

Well...we still might but we'll have to lose a limb to get them if we want them.

@hmmm@ Arm or leg? I wonder which one I'd need the least. @hmmm@

It more disappoints me than makes me mad. Mad will set in later. Botcon SUCKS and this is why Ill never go. Why spend $75 for a hotel, $100 food and transportation, $300 for the exclusives, and another $300 for the plane ticket. Thats $800 already. Ill just by them off the website. All they are doing is screwing over fans and dealers.

This sucks ass. I only went to botcon twice, once was in Indiana so it was close by and I bought the apelinq and shockeract exclusives which I sold on eBay years ago because they were boring as hell (which is perfect) and then once when it was only 12 minutes from my house, but I didn't buy anything but a heroes of cybertron wheeljack and I got in free thanks to a friend. There's no way I'm going to buy some toys that would be $10 at wal-mart for $50+ from botcon.

I'm really upset as well, at the very least thundercracker should have been releases nation....scratch that, world wide. Skywarp/Magnus is okay because Targets will get tons of them and it's an inexpensive set, so it shouldn't be a problem hooking up our friends outside the borders.

Is there anyway we can complain (politely) to Hasbro? Or is it too late?

Ok, I see the news and.....I'm not terribly bothered by it. I mean, yeah, I'd like to have some more Classics repaints. There's no doubt in the world about that; however, we know next to nothing about what's going to happen with this boxset outside of "5 molds will be used". That's it. I can't really gripe because we don't even know which of the molds will be used (the possibilities are only Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Astrotrain, Starscream, Mirage, Jetfire, and Grimlock-that's still 9 choices), and also, I don't really have too much of a problem with the TFCC getting something special every year or so. I'm not a member of it, but I figure them getting something to make the club worth it makes sense to me.

If anything, I'm hyped about what the repaint possibilities will be!

Ok, I see the news and.....I'm not terribly bothered by it. I mean, yeah, I'd like to have some more Classics repaints. There's no doubt in the world about that; however, we know next to nothing about what's going to happen with this boxset outside of "5 molds will be used". That's it. I can't really gripe because we don't even know which of the molds will be used (the possibilities are only Megatron, Optimus, Bumblebee, Hot Rod/Rodimus, Astrotrain, Starscream, Mirage, Jetfire, and Grimlock-that's still 9 choices), and also, I don't really have too much of a problem with the TFCC getting something special every year or so. I'm not a member of it, but I figure them getting something to make the club worth it makes sense to me.

If anything, I'm hyped about what the repaint possibilities will be!

Keep in mind, the BOX SET has 5 figures. The last couple of years there have been several other exclusives that were not part of the box set. I can easily see 2 or 3 seekers being those extras.

What did they have 2 years ago? Wasn't it like 3 different colors of the Repugus figure? The seekers seem to be a logical choice. They'll be hugely popular which is what they want, so while it's not official, it's still a pretty good bet.

I HATE exclusives. Why can't HASBRO just put this stuff out? It isn't like they gotta make any NEW molds for a lot of them!

You would think they would put these out in the mainstream they could make a hell of alot more money this way

This is very disappointing

Ratchet and Ironhide would of bee gret for the classics too BUT NO they were exclusives and we can't just put them out to the mainstream

Ladies and Gents HASBLOW is back at it

My guess for Botcon Classics repaints

Optimus -> Grey/Black, new head -> Motormaster

Hot Rod -> White/Blue, new head -> Breakdown

Hot Rod -> Grey, new head -> Wild Rider

Bumblebee -> Maroon/Brown -> Dead end

Mirage -> yellow -> Drag Strip

Extra Figs

Megatron Gun -> purple, new head -> Shockwave

Bumblebee -> Blue, new head -> Skids

Megatron Tank -> Red, new head -> Warpath

Sunstorm

Thundercracker

Breakdown repaint is almost a definite, them Hartman's loves them some Breakdown

gona go with scotite on this one, when it comes to this sorta thing hes the man :D

It wouldn't bother me as much if they would put them out in seperate boxes. That way I didn't have to pay for figures that I didn't really want to get the one that I did.

I think the way it use to be done before Master Collector got on board was better. Yes they were exclusives but they weren't obscenely priced for the most part if you got them somewhat close to when Botcon was.