Execute Order 66 Exclusively at Target

Ghost of QG

http://jediinsider.com/index.php?catid=8&itemid=9970

From the Official Site:

Execute Order 66 Exclusively at Target

January 23, 2007

Collectors who reserve a special place on their display shelf for the scores of different clone and stormtrooper action figures better make room -- Hasbro is to release a series of six Order 66 two-packs exclusively to Target in the coming months!

The Order 66 series, which includes new repaints and some re-sculpts, is scheduled to appear at Target soon, just as the new 30th Anniversary basic figures are making their way to store shelves. Each trooper will be accompanied by a Jedi figure that is associated with it in Revenge of the Sith. Hasbro Marketing Team's Derryl Depriest explains:

"We didn't strictly follow the Order 66 scenes from the film, but rather paired up a Jedi and a clone that would be a member of their own personal battalion. Order 66 then became more symbolic of the trust and yet ultimate betrayal relationship between the Jedi and their clones. In fact, we wanted to pack out the clone off to the side of, but a little behind their Jedi to heighten that tension in the package. We also wanted to deliver new clones that we hadn't seen before but would expand the role of each battalion... adding the AT-RT driver to Utapau, an airborne trooper to the 501st, etc."

Pictured here are three of the six new packages, including Galactic Marine (new sculpt) and Mace Windu, AT-RT Driver (repaint) and Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Airborne Trooper (new sculpt) and Anakin Skywalker, which will be offered in the stunning cylindrical packaging made popular with the Unleashed series. "We have been using the cylinder form in a couple of other projects," continues Depriest. "The re-releases of Unleashed 7-inch figures and also for the re-release of the Interactive R2-D2. We just thought it was a natural for a 3.75-inch expression and the idea of the Jedi/clone packs and the round package just fell into place."

There seems to be no shortage of enthusiasm for Hasbro's continuing line of different clone troopers. Depriest believes he understands why fans are so committed to this series of figures. "The answer really is tied into the true nature of the evil Empire... an evil that powerful needed a vast army of faceless enforcers, so troopers are a very important part of the Star Wars mythos, and an important arena for collectors to concentrate on to recreate the Star Wars experience on shelf. It's also fun to build a whole squad of troopers... having more of them makes the whole seem greater than the sum of the parts."

Depriest suggests that there may be more in the Order 66 series, but Habsro will wait to see how these initial six two-packs perform before making any concrete plans to expand. He's optimistic, however. "We think they'll be a big hit with collectors and kids alike."

Here's the carded pic:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/ha...070123_1_bg.jpg

Who is Commander Bow and is the shock commander going to be Thire?

Bow is the Commander who took over the 501st after Appo is killed in ROTS. Bow is seen in the Dark Horse comic "Purge". While the action figure in wave 9 says "Appo" it has the exact look as Bow. As for the Thire I don't know. He looks exactly like all the other shocktroopers, judging by his appearance in the movie.

Maybe Thire will have a Pauldron

So what we will be getting is in this case another Appo?

Yoda's clone I wonder which of the 3 clones will it be

The ROTS biker scout coming out ,AT-RT driver or Gree

I hope the Yoda Clone is not a white Biker Scout/BARC Trooper repaint. That would stink.

Guest McBragg

Starting to get that contempt for repacks others have and I hardly own many recent figures. That Mace was amusing once, again...maybe I can head swap him with something...

They picked bad Obi-Won, too, didn't they?

Guest McBragg

You know what really would've been cool. If instead of all the repacks (Windu died before the order was issued!) they made some off screen jedi, too. Even just new heads on Mace, Obi and others bodies.

Of course, that wouldn't have mom, pop and 1.5 kids appeal.

I think cylindrical packaging is a bit much, wonder if that up the price on these.

Why would Mace had a marine as part of his Battalion?

What do think the Shock Trooper (rumored in previous listings) will be? Tank Gunner? Star Corps style clone?

Yoda and Kashyyyk clone...maybe the Scout troop with flip up visor?

Edit: look at the picture in this thread. There's a few clones that might be the other Order 66 releases.

Thread at another message board

Tac Ops commander made using Clone Commander ROTS mold

Shock trooper commander made using the Evolution Star Corps mold (maybe).

Basic #41 clone in Kashyyyk camo (which looks awful)

I wonder how the Purple clones feel about their armor after they find out Mace is gone.. are they like... "wheeew, now get this crappy color off my armor" lol.. I bet they used to play jokes on each other in the barracks.. and put their purple armor on Commander Cody, or Gree while they were sleeping and take pics of them, and post them on Clonetube... or Myclone... lol

I hope those figures are true and not kitbashed in that picture

I would use the shocktrooper commander as Thire and move my Deviss to command the regular white clones

The green Kasshhyykk trooper looks like another version of Gree