Beast Wars Japan 2007 Re-Release Figure Pics

The Wire

BigBadToyStore has updated their Beast Wars Japan 2007 page with pictures of some of the figures that are seeing re-release in conjunction with the reairing of Beast Wars Japan on television in Japan. The figures with pictures are Archadis, Black Widow (Blackarachnia), Cheetas (Cheetor), Convoy (Optimus Primal), Corhada, Dinobot, Howlinger (Wolfang), Megatron, and Waspitas (Waspinator). As reported earlier, the figures have been revealed as repaints, rather than all-new molds that was reported when BBTS first started taking pre-orders for these figures. See the images in our mirrored image gallery.

View the full article

For the price, these were something I was passing up no matter what they were.

Thank Primus they are simply repaints. BW: Year One didn't really get me the way the Transmetals did. THe cartoon did a fascinatin job of making them believable and cool... but the toys always fall flat to me.

So that's 250 bucks staying happily in my pocket. Maybe I'll order a second Masterpiece Megatron.

Can't tell for Megs, but Primal is the Robotmasters version :huh:

Both are Robotmaster versions. In fact, Archadis only has a little extra paint blob under his neck. Corahda(sp?) isn't changed at all. This is poor. Very poor.

And already posted about almost 11 hours before the News Staff bot. Oh! Oh! Can we get a merge and combine to form Topicstator! @smilepunch@

Can't tell for Megs, but Primal is the Robotmasters version :huh:

Both are Robotmaster versions. In fact, Archadis only has a little extra paint blob under his neck. Corahda(sp?) isn't changed at all. This is poor. Very poor.

And already posted about almost 11 hours before the News Staff bot. Oh! Oh! Can we get a merge and combine to form Topicstator! @smilepunch@

Don't let it get to ya. News Staff bot posts everytime something is updated on Tformers.com. It has annoyed quite a few folks on here lately but we have been talking a lot more that is for sure.

I know that I could probably get them cheaper but Dinobot is MUCH more accurate than Hasbro's version.

A tidbit of information (clarification, really) has been revealed by BigBadToyStore recently in a newsletter. As reported on previously, the Convoy (Optimus Primal) and Megatron figures from the Beast Wars Japan 2007 re-releases will be from the Robot Masters line. The rest of the line will be figures re-released that are originally from the Beast Wars Japan line. The figures will feature all-new packaging as well as a DVD accompanying each figure. The packaging and DVD accompanying the figure can be seen in a previously posted gallery from Toy Forum 2007.

View the full article

Information regarding the box set for the BotCon 2007 convention has been announced. The box set will be a five figure set that will be based off of the Classics molds. However, no information regarding which molds will be used is available. Also the name Breakaway, which was announced earlier, now has a mold attached to it, which is the other Superion limb. Thanks to Seibertron.com for the information.

View the full article