MP Megatron: UNTAMPERED

IntegrOGer

i was able to obtain the japanese megatron reissue untampered, unopened, and without an orange tip.

does anyone know of anyplace where i can order the MP Megatron untampered, unopened, and without an orange tip? perhaps in Mexico, Canada, or a local Comic Shop that can bypass certain guidelines.

HLJ.com

You sometimes see their banner here. I've been dealing with them for as long as I've had the internet, and they're great.

what he said. i have used that site for YEARS and never had a prob in fact i have gotten to know a couple of the people that work there. they are usually cheaper than places like bigbadtoystore and others even with the shipping. i had bought 2 re-issue megatrons and NEVER had any of them opened nor did i have them tampered with. i've also bought many other non tf related toys from them with no prob.

Man now i'm really torn on what i should do? I already pre-ordered at BBTS, but now maybe i'm thinking of going elsewhere and take that chance without that orange tip. I think i'm going to cancel it and go elsewhere like you guys just suggested. Plus its cheaper plus you guys already said you ordered a reissue megatron without being modified, so maybe i'll do that now.

Keep in mind that HLJ is cheaper because they sell at Japanese retail prices, BUT they charge more to ship because they ship from Japan. Places like BBTS have the shipping to Japan added into their higher prices already, so they add US shipping. In many cases, the total price comes out the same. HLJ just gets stuff out sooner because they don't have to wait to get stuff from Japan (since they're there) before they can send it out, and can send stuff out the very same day it's released.

i wouldnt mind having the reissue of megatron either. all the ones i find are $130+ after shipping. i keep watching ebay too, that may be the problem?

Depends. It's usually around one week, which isn't bad for something shipping from Japan. Sometimes they take longer when back-logged, but that's mainly around Christmas time.

I cancelled my BBTS and got mine at agesthreeandup.com, i would have gotten it at HLJ but i dont have a paypal account, bleah!

HLJ accepts money orders and credit cards on top of Paypal. Paying by money order does slow down processing time though.

I'm in Canada and I'm wondering if there is any way to be 100% positive the customs won't open my MP Megs if I order from HLJ. I've dealt with them before (HLJ) and was happy with the experience, but I just don't wanna receive a figure that's been opened.

Then go with Ages Three and Up. They are from Canada, and while they are selling Megs for 10 US more, shipping will be much MUCH cheaper within the country and they seem to be credible based on what others have said on these forums. In fact the owner of the store even posts on here sometimes. He also said the MP05 will come to his store intact and unaltered in anyway. I believe he pretty much guaranteed that as well.

I would probably buy from them, even though I don't have a history purchasing things through them.

I've ordered from HLJ quite a few times, stuff comes fast, safe, and reasonably priced especially when you hit their sales. Highly reccomended.

I'm sure all of the places are great and reliable. But the BIG question is will the tip be untampered. That's the thing we ony care about. Since agesthreeandup confirmed they wont, i'm going to them. HLJ probably wont tamper it either, so i think we are all good. I just hope they dont seize my package at the border!

wellll... according to another forum topic, HLJ is out. theyll be adding some additional unwanted parts to the MP megatron. ill see how 3andup handle this situation when they actually start shipping the item.

worst case scenario, ill hop on over to mexico (or have a friend) buy MP megatron and just cross over with it.

Um, guys. Y'all need to get out and see other Transformers boards. HLJ's been issuing an e-mail to any customer who asks... and they *WILL* be removing Megatron from the box, and afixing an orange cap to any order being delivered to the US, in an attempt to skirt any lawsuits.

So HLJ, as reliable and competetive as they are, is *OUT* of the question for any American (and possibly Canadian) ordering Masterpiece Megatron from them.

And NO, tey are not announcing this on their page. But they are issuing a form e-mail if you send them a question about it.

Um, guys. Y'all need to get out and see other Transformers boards. HLJ's been issuing an e-mail to any customer who asks... and they *WILL* be removing Megatron from the box, and afixing an orange cap to any order being delivered to the US, in an attempt to skirt any lawsuits.

So HLJ, as reliable and competetive as they are, is *OUT* of the question for any American (and possibly Canadian) ordering Masterpiece Megatron from them.

And NO, tey are not announcing this on their page. But they are issuing a form e-mail if you send them a question about it.

Um yeah, look about 3 posts above your's @hmmm@ We've known this for a couple days now.

I'm ordering Megs from Ages Three and Up myself here. We'll see if he comes through unaltered as claimed. If Megatron is in robot mode in the box like Optimus was, then I see no big problems, though if in gun mode...that might present problems.