? about gi joe convention

PhoenixSword

I have never gone to a joe convention before and i might be able to go this year. the only things i know about it are where it is and when. can anyone lmk what it might cost or what it has cost other people before? as far as i understand, you don't have to be a member of mc to go, but do you have to be to get the joes there? also, what kind of events and things take place.

i'd appreciate any help. thanks.

First make sure to save up alot of money starting not in a minute, not in 2 minutes, RIGHT NOW! ;)

Second if I remember correctly there are always booths that sell original RAH stuff and the comic booths were Blaylock is.

Third the money you have been saving for a few seconds now will probably go to the convention exclusives which cost a pretty penny.

thanks, but could you possibly be more specific? how much does a convention set cost and do you have to be a member of mc to get it? and as far as cost, my 18th b-day is the 18th of september so i'm hoping that money i get from family and friends will cover pretty much of it... i may have to do the conset on my own though.

I have never been to a con but I can tell you you need to consider a lot of things.

*Hotel (upwards of $100 a night x 3 nights)

*Air fare (over $300 for sure) or gas money (form PA to atlanta? around $100)

*Food (3 meals a day for 4 days...conservativly I'd say $100

*Fee to attend (Not sure but think it was around $60???)

*Cost of con exclusives (Not sure but I'd say between $200-300... I've never bought them so I'm not sure)

So guestimated (VERY conservative) total = About $800... but more likely over $1000

And that doesn't even factor extra spending money for anything extra you might want to buy or any sight seeing while in Atlanta not related to the con.

Hope that helps.

i thought you didn't actually have to stay at the marriot to to go to the con though. am i mistaken?

my sis lives very close to atlanta, so i would stay with her. and i'm going to be trying to get my brother to go with me so he may drive down.... as for other sight seeing stuff.... i'll be going to the master replica store this time around!(since i didn't get to go last timei visited) have you been there?

as far as the fee, isn't it like $280 to register with mc and get in and then its like $75 for everyone else who doesn't want to register? I plan on getting a job over the summer to get funds specificly for the con. so i think i'd be ok... If my brother won't drive down with me i probably won't go at all, i vowed never to fly coach again after my trip to Hawaii...

thanks for the help guys.

i thought you didn't actually have to stay at the marriot to to go to the con though. am i mistaken?

my sis lives very close to atlanta, so i would stay with her. and i'm going to be trying to get my brother to go with me so he may drive down.... as for other sight seeing stuff.... i'll be going to the master replica store this time around!(since i didn't get to go last timei visited) have you been there?

as far as the fee, isn't it like $280 to register with mc and get in and then its like $75 for everyone else who doesn't want to register? I plan on getting a job over the summer to get funds specificly for the con. so i think i'd be ok... If my brother won't drive down with me i probably won't go at all, i vowed never to fly coach again after my trip to Hawaii...

U don't have to be a member to go, you can just show up on general admission day, which is about 8 bucks or something like that a day. For all the exclusives, xtra activities and early admission you can either become a member of MC and pay around 250 or so bucks or pay the non members fee which is around 300 or so. As for staying at the hotel, if you plan on getting all the xtra con exclusives and what not, as well as xperience the greatest time in your life, then stay at the hotel. My 1st con was Norfolk and I stayed far away from the hotel and didnt purchase any xclusives. I had the worst time of my life. My 2nd con I stayed at the hotel and got the xclusives and had a blast. I met so many people there that I consider dear friends. These are people on ADC that I talked to all the time, but I met once at the con but they left a great impact on me. I would have them at my house anyday. If your looking for that kick ass time or looking to have a greater role in the adc community then stay at the hotel or close to it.

U don't have to be a member to go, you can just show up on general admission day, which is about 8 bucks or something like that a day. For all the exclusives, xtra activities and early admission you can either become a member of MC and pay around 250 or so bucks or pay the non members fee which is around 300 or so. As for staying at the hotel, if you plan on getting all the xtra con exclusives and what not, as well as xperience the greatest time in your life, then stay at the hotel. My 1st con was Norfolk and I stayed far away from the hotel and didnt purchase any xclusives. I had the worst time of my life. My 2nd con I stayed at the hotel and got the xclusives and had a blast. I met so many people there that I consider dear friends. These are people on ADC that I talked to all the time, but I met once at the con but they left a great impact on me. I would have them at my house anyday. If your looking for that kick ass time or looking to have a greater role in the adc community then stay at the hotel or close to it.

does that mean you'll be at this one ZOD

OH HELL YEAH! AND THIS TIME THE WIFE AINT COMING, SO ILL HAVE MORE TIME TO HANG

nice, shots on you this time, @firedevil@

nice, shots on you this time, @firedevil@

Skarapz, I'll be there this year. You can bet since I didn't go the last 2 years I'll have to buying shots too. Zod, it'll be good to see you again. . . I think we all sat at the same table in Disney, right?

George, is your family coming again? Your parents rock! :)

And as we all know, I'll be there... Skarapz, Dakele, myself, wonder who else'll be in the hotel room with us... Last year was a huge blast for me (the strippers were quite funny), aside from you kids not getting in on homemade bikini night... Bastards.

-Kevin

Glad to see your coming Zod, bought damn time you made it to another one. The CFB just isnt the same without you..lol. Im still up in the air, its at a bad time of year for me.

As for those strippers Admiral, you guys are bastards for abandoning me at that one place, even if I was to far gone to notice at the time. Brrrrrr, those were some scary girls.

And as we all know, I'll be there... Skarapz, Dakele, myself, wonder who else'll be in the hotel room with us... Last year was a huge blast for me (the strippers were quite funny), aside from you kids not getting in on homemade bikini night... Bastards.

-Kevin

Yea, I'll be the guy there who's 27 and brings his parents . . lol. Then again they are fun, so who knows! Too bad we aren't at Disney World again. Atlanta is about 4 - 4 1/2 hours from me, so not too bad of a trip.

I'm not too huge a fan of Atlanta. Guess with Skarapz around, though, anything is posible. So it could actually be fun!

Kevin, hope we get a chance to hang out some, been too long dude. Plus I owe you shots and/or beer for all the times you went out of your way to pick stuff up for me at the past couple of Cons and ship it.

- George

-Kevin

Yea, I'll be the guy there who's 27 and brings his parents . . lol. Then again they are fun, so who knows! Too bad we aren't at Disney World again. Atlanta is about 4 - 4 1/2 hours from me, so not too bad of a trip.

I'm not too huge a fan of Atlanta. Guess with Skarapz around, though, anything is posible. So it could actually be fun!

Kevin, hope we get a chance to hang out some, been too long dude. Plus I owe you shots and/or beer for all the times you went out of your way to pick stuff up for me at the past couple of Cons and ship it.

- George

Woot! Free alcohol! :)

George, just don't bring your dog. I'm allergic! And you still have my number George, gimmie a call if you ever find yourself in CA. I'm definately calling you on my "random-DC trip" I plan to be making before the Con, job permitting.

-Kevin

-Kevin

- George

Woot! Free alcohol! :)

George, just don't bring your dog. I'm allergic! And you still have my number George, gimmie a call if you ever find yourself in CA. I'm definately calling you on my "random-DC trip" I plan to be making before the Con, job permitting.

-Kevin

lol you dont drink, and he's in charlotte now bro

Awesome, see you there Zod- it is going to be off the HOOK!

- George

Hey GGpike, I will be there and I am 28 ;) and will be with my family and have been ever since the Disney Con. See you all there.