DUKE

novax213

If your tired of waiting every day to see the images or have to have people pm them to you, I suggest you email Hasbro at Hasbrotoyspr@hasbro.com and let them know your tired of it and that everyone should be allowed to view the images at the same time.

Oh, please do!

Not only will they see that fans can be annoying, immature, petty, fickle, ignorant and abusive, but you can add impatient to the list too!

You don't think they ALREADY know that? @hmmm@

This is where Arrow tells us we should just except it and not bother Hasbro because it might upset them, and that club members deserve special treatment over the rest of us cause they paid MC money to join. We are just over zealous fans who should shut up and just like it and consider oursleves lucky that we get anything.

yes MC members pay to join but these are not excluseives to there site so we should see them at the same time. #US1#

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not directly replying to anyone in particular with this post, but I have some thoughts about this whole thing I'd like to share:

For the first time in a long time I find that I'm VERY EXCITED about GI Joe. These new figures coming out this year is awesomely cool. That's right - not just cool, but awesomely cool. When was the last time that you got this excited about new GI Joe's coming out? I don't recall the last time.

Waiting to see the pictures, honestly is building the anticipation to be honest. I'm all excited to see that Duke is the next figure that we're going to see re-done. Until I see the picture I can imagine what he might look like and how it compares to the actual figure when I finally am able to see it.

At most I don't see that I'll have to wait more than half a day or so and that's just fine. I'll be all the more excited to see it when I can.

This comes from some of the MC members!

"As far as dukes go, He is the best looking one of the last 7 years."

"Looks to be about the same articulation as SS except no swivel wrists. He does have the ankle joints though. The figure is also very true to the 1984 sculpt with the green helmet. Also comes with an M16 with 203 attachment and a pistol holster on the right leg with removable pistol."

From Collectors: SPC Airborne / inferno v3

Check out this cool ass thread at JOEBATTLELINES.

IT will give you a great idea of what DUKE looks like.

AND It will give us all an idea of what to expect the rest of the figures to look like, IMO.

http://www.joebattlelines.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9582

I'm just glad that people find this useful. I'll be posting this for each figure that's shown early!

I've been collecting relaunch Joe stuff since the RAHC figures started coming, since that time these have been the most exciting and awesome joe figures. This line's gonna be huge, like marvel legnds big It's making toy forums that almost never talk about gi joe, bubble up with tons of posts.

The cobra trooper will be non-existant i fosee it being the hardest figure to get, due to the immesse poularity of the line and the army building potential.

If your tired of waiting every day to see the images or have to have people pm them to you, I suggest you email Hasbro at Hasbrotoyspr@hasbro.com and let them know your tired of it and that everyone should be allowed to view the images at the same time.

Oh, please do!

Not only will they see that fans can be annoying, immature, petty, fickle, ignorant and abusive, but you can add impatient to the list too!

This is where Arrow tells us we should just except it and not bother Hasbro because it might upset them, and that club members deserve special treatment over the rest of us cause they paid MC money to join. We are just over zealous fans who should shut up and just like it and consider oursleves lucky that we get anything.

No Jeff, Its because I , and quite a few others, PAID for a club membership, and the club is granted the privilege of a first look by its affliation with Hasbro toys.

If you had paid you get the same privilege.

As it is, the privilege in this case only lasts anywhere from about 30 minutes to a couple of hours, maybe a day.

And you get all upset because you cannot wait for THAT amount of time.

I'm actually astonished that you cannot grasp that. Do you not understand what a "paid privilege " is??

Hey, send me half your paycheque because I'm just as entitled to it ( by your reasoning). Nah, screw that...........send me the whole thing, just because I want it. Who cares what you were to get out of it, right?

This comes from some of the MC members!

"As far as dukes go, He is the best looking one of the last 7 years."

"Looks to be about the same articulation as SS except no swivel wrists.

Actually....I'm thinking it's the same point on the arm as Storm Shadow, and at the forearm, where the sleeves are rolled up, and I still don't like this, with preference being for a swivel wrist instead.

He does have the ankle joints though.

No ankle joints, but MAYBE the swivel at the top of the boots. Another feature I don't care for. I definitely don't see ankle joints on him though.

This line's gonna be huge, like marvel legnds big It's making toy forums that almost never talk about gi joe, bubble up with tons of posts.

Sure glad Hasbro was able to ROPE in that Marvel Legends market! <_<

No Jeff, Its because I , and quite a few others, PAID for a club membership, and the club is granted the privilege of a first look by its affliation with Hasbro toys.

As it is, the privilege in this case only lasts anywhere from about 30 minutes to a couple of hours, maybe a day.

I'm actually astonished that you cannot grasp that. Do you not understand what a "paid privilege " is??

Hey, send me half your paycheque because I'm just as entitled to it ( by your reasoning). Nah, screw that...........send me the whole thing, just because I want it. Who cares what you were to get out of it, right?

Calm down Ken! You take this stuff waaaaaay to serious, literal and PERSONAL.

Everyone reacts with varying levels of excitement and anxiousness with annoying, immature, impatient, petty, fickleness, clouded in ignorant and abusive comments, when they don't get what they want. ;)

You KNOW that!

Oh, please do!

actually, I think it goes beyond that. nobody has any entitlement to these pictures. just because one person sees them does not mean you get to see them. where do you draw the line? everyone on the Joe team at Hasbro has seen them, so why can't we just be shown all 25 at once? why didn't we get to see the designs and prototypes months or years ago when they were being shown to Hasbro execs for approval? if they exist, why do we have to wait to see them if other people do not? why do we have to wait for their discretion to show us them one by one? Because it is their discretion. you see how silly that sounds when you feel you are entitled to see them at your discretion?

these images are not public property, none of you have a right to see them before Hasbro allows you to see them, and just because Hasbro allows other people to see them, whether they are MC members or other Hasbro employees, does not mean you get to. You have an opportunity to see them first, but you have chosen to not be a MC member, or a Hasbro employee. Hasbro has allowed MC members to see them first, this is no different than allowing of employees at Hasbro to see them first, and when they release them publicly, you will see them.

yes MC members pay to join but these are not excluseives to there site so we should see them at the same time. #US1#

And the fact that they're the official Hasbro licensed club, that they have an exclusive press release right, and that Hasbro makes the same images available to the public within five hours...yeah, that's completely unfair. Especially when MC pays heavily for their hasbro license, and every other site gets the news for free...

Five hours is not a long time to wait, and that's why there are perks to membership and why life isn't fair.

And the fact that they're the official Hasbro licensed club, that they have an exclusive press release right, and that Hasbro makes the same images available to the public within five hours...yeah, that's completely unfair. Especially when MC pays heavily for their hasbro license, and every other site gets the news for free...

Five hours is not a long time to wait, and that's why there are perks to membership and why life isn't fair.

Plus waiting and anticipating the new figure to be shown it's honestly half the fun! :)

I'm not upset with MC for showing the images first, or not allowing anyone but paying members to see them. They make their money that way. I am a little disapointed at Hasbro for letting them show it first and not releasing the info to everyone at once, however.

why should we be able to? that was my point, a sense of entitlement that fans think they have to see the figures just because other people get to see them. well, people have been seeing these figures for months at Hasbro, but you haven't been able to, so what's the difference? it is still people seeing them during a period of time in which you are not.

whether they are exclusives or not is irrelevent. Hasbro has not made the images public yet. just because they have allowed certain groups to see them, including Hasbro employees and MC members, does not mean that everyone else should get to see them as well. the Joe club is a private club open to everybody, and the pictures are only being circulated privately among Hasbro groups, of which the Club is, whether we like it or not. fact is, you can't see the pictures yet because you chose not to be a member, but that is your choice and not Hasbro's fault. if seeing these figures is so important to anyone that they can't wait 5 hours, then join, nobody is stopping you.

I am not a member, I will never be a member, and I will eagerly wait. but I won't complain that I can't see it yet because I choose to not pay. what's next, people complaining on the streets that they can't see them because they don't have internet? maybe we should all wait until they are printed in magazines and we can all go to bookstores to see them. but what about people who don't have access to bookstores? maybe we should all have to wait until Hasbro hand delivers us each a picture. it is a slippery slope of irrationality.

I see what you are saying, I just don't think it is valid.

Calm down Ken! You take this stuff waaaaaay to serious, literal and PERSONAL.

Everyone reacts with varying levels of excitement and anxiousness with annoying, immature, impatient, petty, fickleness, clouded in ignorant and abusive comments, when they don't get what they want. ;)

You KNOW that!

I'm enjoying picking at the attitude today.

Too much.

why should we be able to? that was my point, a sense of entitlement that fans think they have to see the figures just because other people get to see them. well, people have been seeing these figures for months at Hasbro, but you haven't been able to, so what's the difference? it is still people seeing them during a period of time in which you are not.

whether they are exclusives or not is irrelevent. Hasbro has not made the images public yet. just because they have allowed certain groups to see them, including Hasbro employees and MC members, does not mean that everyone else should get to see them as well. the Joe club is a private club open to everybody, and the pictures are only being circulated privately among Hasbro groups, of which the Club is, whether we like it or not. fact is, you can't see the pictures yet because you chose not to be a member, but that is your choice and not Hasbro's fault. if seeing these figures is so important to anyone that they can't wait 5 hours, then join, nobody is stopping you.

I am not a member, I will never be a member, and I will eagerly wait. but I won't complain that I can't see it yet because I choose to not pay. what's next, people complaining on the streets that they can't see them because they don't have internet? maybe we should all wait until they are printed in magazines and we can all go to bookstores to see them. but what about people who don't have access to bookstores? maybe we should all have to wait until Hasbro hand delivers us each a picture. it is a slippery slope of irrationality.

I see what you are saying, I just don't think it is valid.

You reach, bruthah! You grok!

Now if we can just find Doc Sevrin then we can jam again with Mr. Spock........

wow... the only duke i ever liked was the v.3 duke sculpt. and this figure doesn't change it. to me it looks like crap. the face for one...ugh. the proportions look even worse then the storm shadow(because there is not that much on his chest.) why do you think theu made him hold the over sized gun in front of his chest??

the figure looks pretty good. The gun looks gi-normus, but that could just be because it's the focus of the picture and held closer to the lens than the figure. All in all though I'm very happy with what I'm seeing. The articulation looks pretty darn good -- very cleverly done.

The classic styling is spot-on as far as I'm concerned too.

color me dissapointed. JayC has the pic up now and i honestly prefer my custom, the helmet with no vest, while classic, makes little sense to me. The head looks a bit goofy, and he does look skinny or something in the chest, from what we can see anyways. The colors also seem off somehow, maybe that'st he pic. But the green just doesn't look dark enough for me and the shirt is more accurately YELLOW than i like. I guess never being a huge duke fan i'm harder to please. So i'll await tommarrow.