Worlds worst Transformer

El Kabong

I was cleaning out my closet today, and came across a whole bunch of old TF's. Some were real old, as in G1 but most were fairly recent. And most were REALLY bad. It got me thinking, what is the worst TF ever, in terms of overall asthetic? My vote is for Fattimus Prime, but most of Energon was pretty bad in my opinion.

Well, if memory serves me right, I believe that the wings, tailfins and fists were all separate pieces that had to be removed and replaced as needed for transformations, so yeah...blow up.

Not to mention they were bricks (granted, you could say that about most of G1), were horridly proportioned, and they just plain had too many pieces you could lose...

Need I say more?

The G1 Seekers are awesome, and not just for nostalgia reasons. These things were the BOMB back in the eighties, and a hit with every kid that I knew. They weren't quite as cool as Soundwave or Megatron, but they were still pretty sweet and kids loved them.

I'd have to say if the worst TF ever was a G1 figure, I don't think it'd be from the first couple of years. Although a lot of them were "bricks", they had a sweet looking design aesthetic that was pretty much lost once they ran out of the Diaclone stuff and started designing new ones. Plus they all looked like real-life stuff, a feature that's lost on most TFs since.

Armada stuff was pretty crappy, overall...

How about every Transformer in the main toy lines made during and after the year 2000?

How about every Transformer in the main toy lines made during and after the year 2000?

Definately can't say that as there has been quite a few TFs that are REALLY good toys. Cybertron Hotshot, Cybertron Optimus Prime, Armada Unicron, etc. The list goes on.

Heh. Well - I am not a fan of the current style of Transformers toys. It's probably more or less the current team of designers at Hasbro. Who knows. So I had to throw that out there.

The G1 Seekers are awesome, and not just for nostalgia reasons. These things were the BOMB back in the eighties, and a hit with every kid that I knew. They weren't quite as cool as Soundwave or Megatron, but they were still pretty sweet and kids loved them.

I'd have to say if the worst TF ever was a G1 figure, I don't think it'd be from the first couple of years. Although a lot of them were "bricks", they had a sweet looking design aesthetic that was pretty much lost once they ran out of the Diaclone stuff and started designing new ones. Plus they all looked like real-life stuff, a feature that's lost on most TFs since.

Armada stuff was pretty crappy, overall...

I gotta agree with loving the seekers. I had all of them, and the most fun was swapping out the wings and missiles. I invented so many new figures that way; Star-cracker was my favorite.

But I also have to admit that beyond the realistic alt modes, and the novelty of the concept, most of the G1 guys weren't the best toys. They were sometimes difficult to keep in either mode. They were always getting loose in the joints and falling over. And NONE of them ever did what they were shown to do. Rocket launchers? Worked once. Gestaults standing up? NEVER. Then again, that's never worked.

I love the Seekers but I agree they are the worst g1 bots with the pop of wings and fins. Or maybe Alternator Grimlock is the worse frustrating pop off doors and arms bot ever created. Twintwist, I loved him, Fold him in half and he's tranformerd LOL.

G1 Ultra Magnus. Hey, I like the guy and all, the functionality is nice....but he's a brick. And not a very good brick at it. More of a "lightly colored doorstop". @smilepunch@

Hey, what's up with all the Jumpstarter hate??? They were cool not because of their tranformation, but because of their action feature. Granted, they only worked about 50% of the time, but they actually transform and "jump" into battle. Of the G1, I thought the later Headmasters like Nightbeat were crappy bricks. The Pretenders were even worse.

Oh let's see...

Most of the stuff that was released from '86 onwards really. The Hasbro-designed (i.e. non-diaclone/microman-derived) toys were usually not as nice as the earlier toys.

The Duocons suck in botmode (Arms? What arms? You mean those side-ways tilting stubs? How the hell do they aim their weapons?). The Pretenders (well the bots inside them) didn't transform, they merely folded up. Gimmicks at the cost of transformation and alt-mode. Same goes for most Headmaster and Targetmaster toys. Throttlebots... 'nough said.

But I have to agree that Wheelie is the ugliest of the bunch. Eww. He's actually scary.

I love the Seekers but I agree they are the worst g1 bots with the pop of wings and fins.

G1 Ultra Magnus. Hey, I like the guy and all, the functionality is nice....but he's a brick. And not a very good brick at it. More of a "lightly colored doorstop". @smilepunch@

It's also pretty unfair to mention anything from the first few of years of G1, because these were the first ones out there... At the time, they were friggin' awesome, even guys like Ultra Magnus. Of course it's not going to be a Masterpiece Transformer but without these guys, there wouldn't be any Masterpieces... for that reason alone, the first few years should be left alone! Even when Hasbro/Takara started designing new ones after they used up the Diaclone stuff, they were pretty much starting from scratch.

The later years of G1 though, they don't really have that excuse. I gotta admit that the whole Pretenders line was pretty lame... Anything made from BW onward doesn't have any excuse to be crap either, and quite a few of them were...

I'd have to say some of the worst were the Throttle Bots imo. They were all the same. And if one sucks, then they all do!

Most painful? Armada Unicron shot me in the eye a few times since he had a tendancy to pop his chest doors open if you looked at him in a weird way.