Who's up for a TNI custom contest???

JoeRhyno

Title says it all, it's been awhile, so I thought I'd ask...

the 25th Annv. pics got my customizing juices flowing...So start posting your ideas, when we get enough, I'll make a poll, and we can vote for the winning idea.. I'll have some super swanky, cheesey prizes.. just to keep the shennanagins out.. You have to be a TNI member from JAN 1st 2007 to vote for and in the winning poll, it wont be a regular poll, it'll be a topic with the pictures of all the entries and you actually have to type in who you want to vote for.. GASP!!! sorry, just wanna keep it fair :)

So, let's get this rolling... my ideas are...

Super Hero Joes- combine your fav Super hero and make him a GI JOE member(or Vilian a Cobra ;) )

Celebrity Joes- Remember everyone's fav Fridge, and Sgt. Slaughter? Well.. think that.. but anyone out there from movies, TV shows, sports... etc

that's all I got so far...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not digging either of those ideas ... but the last idea i really was digging i ended up being offline for the post!

How about a simple back to basics theme in line with the anniversary?

No ninjas, no robots, no funky neon colors.

All good guys (or gals) all camo!

3 MAN OR WOMAN TEAM--------MODERN DAY --JOE OR COBRA--

LIKE A SNIPERTEAM, A MEDICAL EXTRACTION TEAM , A QUICK ENTRY TEAM, A TANKER TEAM , MY IDEAS COULD GO ON AND ON ----BUT THIS WOULD MAKE SOME ONE USE THEIR IMAGINATION AND EXPAND ON AN IDEA VS. JUST MAKING ONE FIGURE AND CALLING GOOD

OR JOE YOU KNOW WE NEVER HAVE DONE A CUSTOM VEHICLE CONTEST YET---NOT SURE ON HOW MANY TAKER WE'D GET THOUGH--

--ILL EVEN PUT UP 1 OR 2 VALOR VS VENOM TWO PACKS TO ADD TO A PRIZE PACK.OR MAYBE A DTC FIG------

WE NEED TO DO THIS THOUGH-----WE HAVENT IN A LONG WHILE!!!

DOC

Project Overhaul: Take an admittedly lame character, and redesign him/her from the ground up. Nothing is sacred, change factions, gender, MOS, branch of military, anything as long as it makes sense and ends up looking good. Limit one entry per customizer, per faction.

Alternate Codename: Use one of the alternate codenames shown in Mark Bellomo's guide (I'll make a list available) and create a new/reimagined character & bio. One entry per person, per faction.

CYOC: Make up an all new character or yourself as a Joe/COBRA. It need not be an exact likeness since it's a military sci-fi fantasy, just based on you with maybe a little of your personal background. Extra points if you can incorporate your job in some way.

Alternate Codename: Use one of the alternate codenames shown in Mark Bellomo's guide (I'll make a list available) and create a new/reimagined character & bio. One entry per person, per faction.

I love that book! i keep a copy under the sink in my bathroom so i can read it every time i take a sh..... oops is that to much info? anyway i really dig that book. and think this is an excellent idea. decimators were going to be named "panheads" read that yesterday!

CYOC: Make up an all new character or yourself as a Joe/COBRA. It need not be an exact likeness since it's a military sci-fi fantasy, just based on you with maybe a little of your personal background. Extra points if you can incorporate your job in some way.

easy one for me to enter! ;) hehe I do like the "create your own character" idea

I dont know if many remember the custom contest i did were i made up a code name one good and one bad "toaster" and "heat stroke" and people customized what they thought those characters would look like. i thought that was a blast see'in different takes on the same code name. thats a good idea i think.

by the way im down for a custom contest!

TM

How about making YOU the board member as a joe or cobra and fit him into the joe verse.

Or

The head hunter idea was very cool,i could see that,also maybe A new Enemy creation all togather.

What ever is decided i would be up to adding some GTG product as prizes,and i will pimp this on our board as well,maybe we can get some more involvement that way.

Joe great idea,and hope all get involved,we need it with joe being in a slump,but its all looking good now baby,new joes and life back in the joe forum on TNI.

Likeing tm's named code names idea again, and also the reimagined/alt name sounds cool aswell.

I have a self custom but i have improved in customizing sense then and would love to try a new one.

one more: what if cobra formed x amount of years ago... but Joe didn't. cobra is insanely strong and something must be done to stop them. it could be customs of cobras howt hey would have turned out or of the new terrorist team formed now without the pre existing joe.

I really like the idea of create your own character. i think it really challenges the customizer more then any other type of contest cause they also have to write a bio as well as come up with a cool original look!

I was involved in a contest i think it was on joesightings? they also had an "art" part of the contest were if a guy couldnt do customs he could draw one. that might be cool to add to this???

food for thought anyway.

TM

Here is another one: Some tf names (and vice versa) have been used in Joe but not all. What about pulling in other tfs into the joeverse (in name form only) like say Starscream? thundercracker? or jazz? would they be noks, snakes, joes or what?

Here is another one: Some tf names (and vice versa) have been used in Joe but not all. What about pulling in other tfs into the joeverse (in name form only) like say Starscream? thundercracker? or jazz? would they be noks, snakes, joes or what?

If you went the other way with that, Skidmark might not seem like such an 'odd' name.

But I do like this idea too.

How did I miss this thread? I'm in for whatever contest everyone decides on. I haven't had time to think of what idea I like best yet, but there seem to be a lot of good ones. I'll keep my eyes open for when it starts.

Oh, I had a thought.. I know it wont be that popular, but what about a make your own 25th Anv. custom? I know Target has their SHS figures clearanced and I think I saw some marked down at walmart too.. anyway, get your last min ideas in, I'll post a new thread and lock this one on monday, for people to vote on all the ideas that were listed here.

Anyone else think Wheeljack sounds like a Dreadnok that would steal cars to take to a chop shop?

I'd rather just keep it to customs.. I know there are some people out there that dont do customs.. maybe we'll do some kind of ART contest later for them.. you can do that one TM

now that would be fun. we need to do that...

i started drawing a pic of the baroness awhile back and never got around to finishing it...

i'm in for modern cobra/joe 3-man squads and vehicles.