G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Storm Shadow Figure

JayC

horrible figure. who wants a Storm Shadow based on the original but with better sculpting, more detail and better articulation? a G.I. Joe is only if it looks like figures and fits in with figures that were made 25 years ago. what year does Hasbro think it is, 2007? what a slap in the face to every Joe fan who has a vintage collection. now excuse me, I have to grab my headband, sleeveless shirts and boombox and go break dance to Kool Moe Dee.

Are you being..... "specious"?

:rolleyes:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Hasbro released pics of the Revenge of the Sith figures.. a lot of the pics were really really airbrushed and dolled up to look real good.. just to warn you guys, some of that shading may just be that ;)

Actually Hasbro does that with all of their lines now. Transformers, and Marvel have it in the promo shots. I dont expect him to have paint wash on his arms and stuff, but I would expect the detail in his sash to be there. The rest of the figure will most likely be just flat white. Still, itll look awsome.

for those of you who are saying super hero showdown, not to nitpick but it doesn't really appear so if you look at the way the arms and legs appear to go into the body. They have balls on the outside that the arms go on, this looks more traditional than that. But other than that yeah the added near microman level of articulation.

It is beutiful.

as for price 6 would be fair so i am seriously betting 8.

and also lnr or whoever the guy who posted the list is, i sincerly apologize for continually renaming you on a whim. It's not on purpose and imean nothing by it, i just have a horrible memory.

I still want to see a regular shot next to a current or vintage Joe.. no action pose, just plain regular "standing there" pose...

I'm also curious about the inner workings from a customizer point-of-view.. I better be able to take that baby apart!!!

I'm not liking the way the legs look (sandals included) in the pose they have it in. The legs look kinda funky and knob-kneed.

The articulation is NOT at the wrist, but the forearm, and it looks like crap. The plastic looks soft and already warped (or deformed) around the forearm joint and the knees. I can't tell if it's O-ring, but lloks NOT to be and therefore I'm thinking it pretty much sucks......despite some excellent details. @grumpy@

Your one hard man to please, VH.

It looks good enough to buy.

I could imagine all 25 in my bookshelf already.

What a great display they'll make.

horrible figure. who wants a Storm Shadow based on the original but with better sculpting, more detail and better articulation? a G.I. Joe is only if it looks like figures and fits in with figures that were made 25 years ago. what year does Hasbro think it is, 2007? what a slap in the face to every Joe fan who has a vintage collection. now excuse me, I have to grab my headband, sleeveless shirts and boombox and go break dance to Kool Moe Dee.

Wow can't believe I missed this cheerful post!! @hmmm@ Either the sarcasm has eluded me, or you are actually serious about not liking this figure!! Wow, I think I can speak for many of the collectors here, and say this is exactly what we have been waiting for since the 80's!! I would say since the line ended, but many of us were out of GI JOE by then, and for good reason!! Anyhow, this is perfect, well save the stupid sandals! I mean come on, what respectable ninja is going to go around in sandals?? Anyhow the only thing that would make the 25th anniversary the greatest line ever, yup if they used the old card fronts like they did with the Star Wars VOTC line!! #US1# YO JOE indeed!!

no, that would be sarcastic.

I have no problem with the swivel in the forearm as opposed to the actual wrist. It would be the same. The forearm has the wrapping around it, no matter how you turn it, its going to look the same. Placing it there will probably make it more sturdy as well. Also thats closer to the way a real arm turns. Much like how they replaced the bicep swivel with the elbow swivel. It looks better and you know, thats the way your arm actually moves.

Not necessarily.

I've been around a long time with this hobby, and have been "pleased" with quite a majority of it, but over the last 5 years or so there's definitely been some bad design changes, and various gimmicks added.

We're all so desperate for G.I.Joe product (the non-Sigma Six camp anyway) I'd have to think that many here are not looking objectively ENOUGH at this FIRST shot of the 25th anniversary edition?

I see some major flaws and crappy features on it, first and foremost the lack of an O-ring, and I don't think that feeling is going to improve with time or having one in HAND.

No...He's being "sarcastic" @smilepunch@

Edit" DAMN! Too slow, darn these fast moving threads!

*Realizes he posted well after gscbr did @hmmm@ *

I LOVE the look of the figure....now I just hope they''ll do Tomax and Xamot, and Serpentor in their original cartoon colors.....if Hasbro does that I'll get all the cobras and a few of the joes. :)

LJ, you have to read one of the other threads to really get his comment ;)

...the wild, wild west..

Sarcasm??? Hell, I was beginning to think you didn't know what that was. Maybe I'm just not as good at it. ;)

Vh your a crazy old coot, but we still love you.

Well....YOU do anyway, and I appreciate it!

Now come'er and gimme a hug!

Not necessarily.

I've been around a long time with this hobby, and have been "pleased" with quite a majority of it, but over the last 5 years or so there's definitely been some bad design changes, and various gimmicks added.

We're all so desperate for G.I.Joe product (the non-Sigma Six camp anyway) I'd have to think that many here are not looking objectively ENOUGH at this FIRST shot of the 25th anniversary edition?

I see some major flaws and crappy features on it, first and foremost the lack of an O-ring, and I don't think that feeling is going to improve with time or having one in HAND.

its not the actual figure, its just a drawing.

I'm already seeing some of the old complaints about whether or not these are gonna fit in with the vintage 3 3/4". To me, vintage 3 3/4" has been all but dead for quite some time now, so I'm welcoming these as a new, updated line, much like I was hoping JvC was going to be. Now, I just hope this doesn't end up the same way...and if this first pic is any clue towards what we can expect, I don't think it will be. :)

My love will always be first and foremost to vintage 3 3/4"...but the promise of greats sculpts of our favorite characters, the way we remember them best, and in a new, updated, MORE ARTICULATED, and more detailed fashion is more than enough to get me excited.

Not necessarily.

its not the actual figure, its just a drawing.

Actually, it's a prototype figure that's been photoshopped like crazy.

The more I look at this pic, the more I'm getting the feeling that the arm articulation is gonna be much like it was on the ROTS Clone Troopers, which gave a great range of motion, while not showing off where the joint actually was.

I'm already seeing some of the old complaints about whether or not these are gonna fit in with the vintage 3 3/4". To me, vintage 3 3/4" has been all but dead for quite some time now, so I'm welcoming these as a new, updated line, much like I was hoping JvC was going to be. Now, I just hope this doesn't end up the same way...and if this first pic is any clue towards what we can expect, I don't think it will be. :)

My love will always be first and foremost to vintage 3 3/4"...but the promise of greats sculpts of our favorite characters, the way we remember them best, and in a new, updated, MORE ARTICULATED, and more detailed fashion is more than enough to get me excited.

I'm with ya Joe!

I never wanted just the SAME old figures (from the 80's) REDONE...repainted and rehashed all over again. While I'd likely STILL buy them, I always wanted new figures, with better detail and some added articulation, and even some NEW characters to boot.

I've gotten most of my wish anyway, but sprinkled lightly amongst a bunch of crap. one after another with the whole T-crotch debacle starting the whole mess.

I was in favor of the new sculpts and was REEEEALLY starting to get into the last few waves, with the injection molding they featured and the Barrage figure is one I use as an example of everything I liked about'em.

6169912438ac_Main400.jpg

Just the right amount of added articulation points, with nice details and a solid looking figure.

The 25th anniversary Storm Shadow looks pretty chopped up and flimsy, and has the fat crotch syndrome, due to no o-ring. <_<

I'm not impressed, and it isn't because I'm hanging onto the glory days of ARAH, but because I know a good action figure when I see it.....and this ain't one of'em! @smilepunch@

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY STORM SHADOW ?

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERS SNAKE EYES WITH WOLF

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA OFFICER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVER CORBRA COMMANDER W/HOOD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY FLINT

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BEACHHEAD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY SERPENTOR

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BUZZER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY LADY JAYE

GIJ 25TH ANNIV COBRA TROOPER

If the above list is shown in the next few months Gi Joe for me has just restarted! :)

That figure looks very nice and much better than anything I truly sadly expected.

I have to say Thank You Hasbro and Keep them coming... :mellow:

I also seconded that comment DarthJoe... I agree with you and VH. The Vintage RAH line can never be replaced but this line looks very promising.