G.I.Joe 25th Anniversary Storm Shadow Figure

JayC

Are these going to be only available at Hasbrotoyshop.com and other online stores, or will they also make them available at retail?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY STORM SHADOW ?

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERS SNAKE EYES WITH WOLF

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY COBRA OFFICER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVER CORBRA COMMANDER W/HOOD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY FLINT

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BEACHHEAD

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY SERPENTOR

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY BUZZER

GIJ 25TH ANNIVERSARY LADY JAYE

GIJ 25TH ANNIV COBRA TROOPER

That's the first assortment according to the hasbro toy listings I got from work. Hope that helps.

Where are you quoting this from?

Edit: Just found it: http://forums.toynewsi.com/index.php?s=&am...&p=16290088

That shoulder design is definitely going to limit the full range of motion, for this sword swingin' ninja to raise his arms above his head.

That's LESS articulation...not MORE!

Those forearm swivel joints look like hell and and in certain positions, make the lower half shot off in an odd direction from the upper half. It's a flimsy point for the plastic and I don't think it looks good. A simple rotating hand movement is all that's needed.

DIAPER CROTCH! What more needs stated? <_<

NO O-RING! Blasphemy! Long torso's and short calves....looks terrible, and if positioned to stand straight up, those legs looked preposed, warped and flimsy.

Sandals suck!

and the knee joints look funny, not sure on those, may just be the picture and it's pose, but from what I CAN see...I don't like it.

It's as simple as that fella's. I doubt anyone is going to agree on those points, but hey, isn't that at least SOME part of why we're here, to share opinions and thoughts, and reactions?

Like I said before, the shoulder and elbow articulation seems to be a lot like the ROTS Clone Trooper articulation, which gave great range of motion...just as good as the old metal rivet construction...and it's quite sturdy to boot. Here's some sample pics below:

CT2.jpg

CT3.jpg

CT4.jpg

CT5.jpg

CT6.jpg

I will agree with the forearm swivel looking a little bit cheap, but I'm hoping that's just an issue with a prototype that they'll fix with the final product. Quality of the plastic will definately play a factor in whether or not this shows through in what we get at retail.

If you look at the Duke figure in the other thread, he doesn't have a big crotch, and actually looks like he has an O-ring...even though I'm sure he doesn't...I think what we're seeing on SS is just due to the strange pose and camera angle.

The O-ring thing doesn't bother me as long as we still have great poseability...unlike what we had with the t-crotch JvC figures. And, I think the short legs and long torso are once again due to the pose and camera angle.

Sandals do suck, but I can live with that if it's the only gripe I have about the figure.

While the double-hinged knees work great on larger figures like Marvel Legends, I do agree they kinda look funny at this smaller scale, but not so much so that it detracts from the figure for me. One positive side is that the knees will allow for a greater range of motion, instead of just the 90 degree angle we had with the old style.