How many of you Marvel Toy Collectors actually read the Comics?

Darren

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta have my monthly dose of Exiles and Ultimate Spider-man, also follow along with the major event going on at the time (HoM, etc, currently Civil War)....then whatever else I feel like reading.

So short answer, yes i read comics.

If I ever have enough money and time I'll buy some comics. But there are so many series I never know where to start so I always get pretty recent stuff like Ultimate series and some TPBs.

If I ever have enough money and time I'll buy some comics. But there are so many series I never know where to start so I always get pretty recent stuff like Ultimate series and some TPBs.

Every Wednesday I pick up my books from my pull list. I get a 25% discount too. There are regulars that meet on Wednesdays & we chat with the people that work there. Its fun.

Marvel

Annihilus

Amazing Spider-Man

Captain America

Civil War

Civil War: Frontline

Daredevil

Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Fantastic Four

Fantastic Four: The End

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

Ghost Rider

Ironfist

Moon Knight

Ms Marvel

Sensational Spider-Man

She Hulk

Spider-man: Reign

Thunderbolts

White Tiger

Ultimates

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Ultimate Spider-Man

DC

Batman

Batman Confidential

Birds of Prey

Catwoman

Detective Comics

Green Lantern

Justice League

JSA

JSA: Classified

Jonah Hex

Mystery in Space

The Spirit

Superman Confidential

All-Star Superman

All-Star Batman and Robin

Others:

Conan

Red Sonja

Savage Red Sonja

Godland

Walking Dead

Girls

Books of Eve

Age of Bronze

Noble Causes

I am currently reading the civil war, annihilation, and planet hulk storyline hoping they all collide.

I am currently reading the civil war, annihilation, and planet hulk storyline hoping they all collide.

So am I. :P

I read anything Spider-Man, Iron Man, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Ghost Rider, Silver Surfer related up until last year...oh and several indies and Vertigo titles. Pretty much since I was 5/6 years old. The costs got too high so I dropped the regular books when Civil War started. I didn't want to start that because I know if I did I would never stop. However I do intend to pick up trades of recent Spideys, Dr. Strange Oath, Civil War, Annihilation and Planet Hulk when they come out. I'm following the storylines on various boards and sites though.

$3 per issue is just too much for me these days. Gotta feed the wifey and kids I suppose. ;)

I used to be a straight comic geek, but the advent of more decent action figures in the last decade or so forced me to split my monthly comic allowance between the two hobbies.

I still enjoy reading my new books and playing with my new toys. @Spidey@ @HOTROD@ @bats@

"Nuf Said!

I've read a few here and there. BUT I'm really getting into reading Ghost Rider comics. But I know what I know from either my brother telling me (he's a BIG TIME Marvel comic book reader) OR wikipedia.com

I've been keeping up with Amazing Spider-man and Astonishing X-men on a monthly basis over the last year or so. I mostly check out the trades when they hit my local library (Uncanny, New, & regular X-men.)

Wow, am I the only one here that DOESN'T read the comics. When I was a kid I used to go through my Uncle's comics, but I don't think I've ever bought one. I love collecting figures though, pretty much all DC stuff, although if I had the budget I'm sure I'd expand into other areas. So, I'm probably not very up-to-date on whats going on in the whole comic universe, but I'll watch anything with superheroes in it such as movies, cartoons, and tv shows. I love that kind of stuff.

on my days off, i spend several solid hours at the bookstore reading TPB's. one day i was in there from opening to closing... which was 9 AM to 11 PM.

...i think i might have stopped to eat once.

Barnes and Noble? @hmmm@

Personally, I read the comics for decades before they had a toy line to support these comics. Sure there was the Secret Wars line (little to no articulation) The Classic Mego line was the closest thing to functional as you could get. I appreciate ML because it's the first time in a long time where you could see A-D list characters (Yes, I'm looking at you Iron Lad!) I hope that when "The Bro" assumes full responsibility for all aspects of the line...that they continue that trend!

I pick up about a dozen books a month of so. I work at the LCS every Sunday, which allows me to skim through books I am curious about and don't want to buy. I also get a pretty sweet discount. I pick up a lot mini-series. The regular titles I pick up come out so sporadically that I hesitate to call them regular (AS Supes & Queen and Country). I have been picking up the trades for Y and Ex Machina which I like a lot. I prefer DC books over Marvel at the moment. My preferences change periodically though.