How many of you Marvel Toy Collectors actually read the Comics?

Darren

I was just curious here...

I was wondering how many of you that collect Marvel (and what the hell...DC too) figures actually read comics?

And I'm not talking about the comics that used to be packed with the figures...I mean the actual Marvel comics you buy at the store or newstand, etc.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im at the store every wednesday buying new books

im at the store every wednesday buying new books

<--- what he said :)

I am hooked :)

i read the comics that CAME with the toys, the tpb, and online comics. i dont really buy single issues anhymore. especially since i just dl them. i'll buy trades of stories i like instead

Every week I'm in my store too. I've been reading comics since my mom brought home a box of Richie Rich and Archie from a garage sale when I was 6. I grew up a Marvel zombie but I hate most of the stuff that Marvel is putting out now so I'm mainly into DC.

I pick up certain titles!! They're so expensive I have to be picky!!

Exiles - is a must read. I never miss an issue!!

New Thunderbolts - Even before the new team, I've been a pretty much faithful reader! Not the best artwork, but the book reminds me of the good ole days!!

Street Fighter - When they release an issue, I pick it up! Fabulous artwork and great adaptation of the SF story!!

X-23 - I will pick up any limited series with this girl. The first one was fantastic, and the latest one is just as good!! Captivating story and beautiful artwork!!

JLA - For a while the only DS book I was picking up. Pretty good start. Hopefully the stories get better and better. The artwork is fabulous!!

JSA - Actually this will be the first time I ever pick up any incarnation of this book. I don't know too much of these characters, so it's all new to me for the most part! I'm enjoying it, the banter is quite funny!! Like when Power Girl puts her hand on the lil chatter box's mouth!!

Civil War - I love it, very good mini-series. Because of it, I started picking up Amazing Spider Man and Fantastic Four.

on my days off, i spend several solid hours at the bookstore reading TPB's. one day i was in there from opening to closing... which was 9 AM to 11 PM.

...i think i might have stopped to eat once.

They let you do that? @loll@

Oh boy i get alot. Being in the service with my girl 800 miles gives me a lot of free time when i'm off work. Here's the rundown:

Marvel

Captain America

Amazing Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man

New Avengers

Hulk

All of the Civil War Books

Punisher War Journal

Thunderbolts

Wolverine Origins

Wolverine

X-Men

Uncanny X-Men

Astonishing X-Men

Ultimates

Ultimate Fantastic Four

Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate X-Men

DC

Superman

Action Comics

Batman

Detective Comics

Justice League

Flash

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Ion

Superman/Batman

All-Star Superman

All-Star Batman and Robin

Often, but not religiously. Time keeps on slippin away.

Same here. I'm kinda old fashioned though, I tend to prefer comics from the '60s to the early '90s. What's it to you, Darren!? :P...jk

I skim the comics here and there to see what's going on.

And speaking of knowing about comics, does anyone know what team/era the Marvel Legends Goliath fits into? I'm not familiar with the blue and yellow costume. Does anyone have any team pics from the comics?

Thanks!

I used to buy 30-50 comics every month. But over the past 18 months or so, I've trimmed that waaaay down to about 3 comics a month. However, I do purchase a lot more DC Archive Editions & DC Absolute Editions now....and that pretty much eats up my comic budget. For example, I just picked up the Crisis on Infinite Earths Absolute Edition....$93 with shipping. Doesn't leave a lot left for floppies.

I don't read much in the way of modern Marvel, but I have an extensive collection of graphic novels/tpb's of classic story arches and origins (both from Marvel and DC - though mostly Batman with the latter). I also have tons of back issues, some significantly valuable both money wise and personally (like my Amazing Spiderman vol 1 number 3 and 13). I'm a big fan of the 60's, 70’s and 80’s era Marvel - for DC I'm more 70's through to now. I haven't read everything there is to offer, but odds are if it's a big story arch I've read it for most all the superheroes - A or B grade. I follow what’s going on in the current arches, but I do not read or buy them for the most part. They're just not like the old days IMO.

I don´t. Only what people say over the boards. MX get the titles a bit late. We got HUSH after a year. So keeping up is kind of hard, I rad what people says is good and stories that really make a difference in the MARVEL or DC universe.

Whats Origins?.. There a new spidey book out there I duno about?.. Allso since you are a spiderman nut you should check out bullet points if you are not allready reading it :)

highly spidermanerized! err... peter parkererized :D

I'll read the comics that come with the toys--I own quite a few of them already--and the odd trade these days, but I haven't bought a regular issue in about 4-5 years now.

Just not enough value for the dollar for me these days.

I still follow the news on most of the books though.