Bill "Hugh Morrus" DeMott Fired From WWE!

Outsiders

The following has been added to the WWE.com article about recent releases:

Bill DeMott

DeMott was the head trainer of up-and-coming WWE talent at Deep South Wrestling in Atlanta, one of WWE’s developmental territories. DeMott was a ring veteran who was a Superstar in WCW and WWE. He has held the United States Championship on two occasions, and also is one of the largest Superstars to ever use the Moonsault in his matches. WWE fans who watched WWE Tough Enough will remember DeMott as the no-nonsense trainer who helped to make the show a smash hit.

I don't remember if he really mistreated the trainees on Tough Enough, he may have been tough on them, but you have to expect that. I mean he couldn't have been as bad as Hardcore Holly was...he just beat the living hell out of Matt Cappotelli in one episode.

I had forgoten he was even a trainer on tough enough untill he was fired lol. Actually I think it was back in the spring he got a lot of heat on him for bad mouthing the trainees or slapping one of them or somethign like that in DSW.

Yeah he was getting tremendious heat in DSW for how he was treating wrestlers. And didn't one guy get release or quit because of how he got treated? And now with the WWE trading the OVW guys to DSW, he may have decided he wanted a change in how the guys are handled. And see's Bill as more of a liability then anything.

I always had hoped for a recreation of Hugh's old WCW gimmick. Especially after the buyout. But the WWE never brought Lash in. It was the best gimmick he had, that got him the most exposure. I would have liked to see Hugh, Chavo, and sign Lash, and bring in one of the diva's to replace Major Gunns. They could have done it without Lash though. And it could have been a great way to get Chavo over more, with Peppy. Even if it was a single wrestler Chavo with his manager Bill and the diva.

I was always suprised that the WWE even brought Bill in if they didn't use him with his old gimmick. As his only outstanding feud was with his WCW stable. And was even more suprised when they decided to put him on the announce table. He's one guy who you wondered out of all the guys, why do you bring him in.

Bill always had talent. They may have had plans to use him, but they fell through for whatever reason. I dont know that for sure. And I would love to see Lash Leroux ( Spelling?) come back to fued with Gregory Helms for the Cruiserweight belt.

I always liked Lash Leroux as well, what the heck happened to this dude anyway? But as far as DeMott goes, he had a lot to offer for a guy his size. He was skilled and had good charisma, even going back to his days in the Dungeon of Doom.

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE